SRB2 Doom Builder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fluff Flame said:
what if it says "error 424 in loadconfiguration: object required" when we run it? Mine doesn't seem to work.
Are you using an old version? That used to happen if you installed SRB2DB without installing DB first, but it's not necessary in recent versions. Get the latest build at http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/s0569864/ and try installing that, if you haven't already. If you are using the latest version and you still get this error, please say, and I'll see if I can work out what's going on.

Every time I try to open a map, this happens.
blarglevw4.png

It doesn't happen when I start a new map, but it just goes and explodes every time I try.

EDIT: Ah ha! When I zoom out past 21%, it does this. This means I can't make/open big maps... What a disappointment. Can you fix this?

Boinciel said:
Every time I try to open a map, this happens.
--image--
It doesn't happen when I start a new map, but it just goes and explodes every time I try.

EDIT: Ah ha! When I zoom out past 21%, it does this. This means I can't make/open big maps... What a disappointment. Can you fix this?

The edit you made there suggested to me that you might be missing some files from your SRB2 Doom Builder folder. Could you please make sure that each of the following is in the same folder as BuilderSRB2.exe?
  • Thing_big.bmp
  • Thing_small.bmp
  • Thing_medium.bmp
  • Thing_tiny.bmp
If there are any missing, reinstall SRB2DB. If they're all there, please let me know and I'll try to think what else might be wrong.

P.S. You might want to shrink that screenshot a bit, before one of the moderators does. ;)

Turns out I was using an older version of SRB2 Builder... >.<' The shortcut led there...

When you make a new level and make your own script, there should be an "example" button, much like the SOC Editor's Character Select "example" button. When you click it, it should display the defaults that a map should use, like name, act, music, sky, etc.

Ah, here's something:

How about an Auto merge/join button? This could search the whole map, and merge sectors together that have the same Celing and Floor height. (Or maybe tags?)

This would probably work well when creating CTF maps.

Flame_the_hedgehog said:
Ah, here's something:

How about an Auto merge/join button? This could search the whole map, and merge sectors together that have the same Celing and Floor height. (Or maybe tags?)

This would probably work well when creating CTF maps.
That's already in, it so happens, but it's hidden because it's dangerous. There are certain circumstances where merging identical sectors can cause problems, for example with bobbing FOFs. If you want to try it, though, switch to sectors mode, and then, while holding Ctrl+Shift, bring down the 'Sectors' menu and select 'Find set of identical sectors'. In the rewrite, I'll either try to take measures to make it safer, or plaster it with warnings. Either way, I'd like for it not to be hidden like this in the future.

Just make it so that it looks at sector tags, too. That would fix it!

Boinciel said:
Just make it so that it looks at sector tags, too. That would fix it!
Bobbing FOFs (or it might be one of the similar ones whose heights change; I forget) work by having two sectors connected together, rather than with tagging. The floor (ceiling?) height of one the sectors is/are changed at runtime, which would also affect any other sectors merged with them.

Also, if you do an auto-merge and then later decide to try to do some sort of linedef executor thingy with one of the FOFs, you might have to un-merge its control sector.

Does the Doom builder cost money?

Cuz if i use it my mom will be VERY UPSET and never let me go bakc on till forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back