• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Light Dasher's High speed mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

light dasher

Cacee gaming
Hihihihihiiiii!!!!! =P

Yes, I'm having my turn at this now, F-Zero Style, I havent got a name for my Mod yet, but F-Zero Blast Comes to mind, right now I've only made a soc and The Blue Falcon, My soc is kinda strange but it keeps you moving, it gives you a accelerate and deccelerate by using the up or down Keys I am going to try and get a team here to help me with this

Team So far

Characters -Light Dasher (2 Spaces avalible)
Soccer - Open for anyone (we need a better soc then mine =P)
Mapper - Light Dasher (4 Spaces avalible)
Modellers - csmgiw (Anyone Else?)

Proof
http://www.mediafire.com/?9zqz4gm2ncz - Soc
http://www.mediafire.com/?lxhypxa9gxj - Blue Falcon

I don't even know you.

._. (but yeah, teams = no)

You're asking for people to make characters, SOCs, maps, and even models for you. Uh, yeah.

Ash said:
Editing Description said:
This forum is for the discussion of editing Sonic Robo Blast 2. Post your works in progress or screenshots here. Do not ask for "teams" to make your mod for you.
Light Dashed showed proof about work being done. So shut up :P

Er, I may help in mapping if you think my level editing skills are good enough.

Ash said:
Editing Description said:
This forum is for the discussion of editing Sonic Robo Blast 2. Post your works in progress or screenshots here. Do not ask for "teams" to make your mod for you.

I believe that was worded so that people who are able to do a bit of the work on their own could ask for a "team" to help them out.

Anyways, the high speed racing mod has been done quite a bit, but I suppose with Riders being ignored, Emerald Racers being dead, and Jman Kart being... Jman Kart, I think it's perfectly acceptable.

I would love to post a "YOU GOT BOOST POWER" image, but I'm afraid you don't have any boost power.

The concept soc isn't bad, but the actual concept is. F-Zero is a high speed racer that not only takes you to speeds of 1000km/h, but it actually feels like you're going fast too. This can simply not be done in SRB2. All it feels like is that you have no control over your character.

I swear, this feels like you're just making an F-Zero mod for the sake of making a mod of something that hasn't been done. Go ahead and prove me wrong, but I don't think this mod is going to take off.

I dunno, it might be possible to have SRB2 with the too fast feel. That's if you can make the camera shake around a bit once you reach a certain speed.

I'm really not concerned with the thing looking like F-Zero, but more of it actually playing decently. I don't think LightDasher has released any maps for a reason.

Lol, I'm working on a Big Blue circuit for the contest, when it's done, if you like it, you can use it (also I'll try to help with some maps when I get some time)

*screenshotorsomethingcomingsoon*

Don't worry guys I'm just finishing Mute City, and when that's finished, I'll need someone to get the boost pads working =P

Screenshot of my unfinished Big Blue circuit.

bb1zf9.jpg

1 question about the maps: What are you looking for? GBA-SNES style maps or GC-N64 style?? (in SRB2: thokfest or 3-D thing with obstacles?)

N64, =P I'll post a screen of Mute City in a minute as soon as some else has posted so I don't double post because I can't be botherd to edit this post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back