PETA - A crazy organization?

Status
Not open for further replies.
why aren't they targeting the chinese store right around my house....
people order fried chicken all the time there...-.-

MetalGear said:
why aren't they targeting the chinese store right around my house....
people order fried chicken all the time there...-.-

Well, PETA wants to deal with big companys. Not little small ones. I wonder if people are PETA eat meat.... O_o

I think most people would agree that campaigning for animal rights is a noble cause. I'm absolutely for that. Regardless, I distance myself from PETA because I think they've lost sight of their original goals and gone through a sort of motive decay. Sure, a lot of the things they protest are genuinely animal cruelty, but the majority is simply criticism of people who don't show the utmost respect to animals. Criticizing the president for swatting a fly is asinine, and likely just a publicity stunt.

What PETA does amounts to demanding reparations on behalf of animals. I have yet to hear about them doing anything to genuinely improve quality of life. In fact, whenever I do hear about PETA, it's just somebody in the organization raising a stink about a celebrity, or it it's not that it's animal rights activists criticizing the organization for missing the point.

Did you ignore Torgo's post, Marsh?

Anyway, competing for animals rights? These guys don't do that. They instead choose to make total asses of themselves and tell people that eating meat is evil, simply because it was an animal at one time. Their logic makes no sense. People and animals have ate other animals since the beginning of life. One irritating organization will not change the laws of nature, and at some point they are going to have to get that through there rather thick skulls.

Fyrus said:
Did you ignore Torgo's post, Marsh?

Anyway, competing for animals rights? These guys don't do that. They instead choose to make total asses of themselves and tell people that eating meat is evil, simply because it was an animal at one time. Their logic makes no sense. People and animals have ate other animals since the beginning of life. One irritating organization will not change the laws of nature, and at some point they are going to have to get that through there rather thick skulls.

couldn't have said it better myself .

Ahem!

Colosseum Rules said:
#5) This should go without saying, but add something to the discussion, if you can. Random nonsense will not be tolerated and WILL get you banned from the entire board. Quoting another user and just posting "QFT" or "^ this" will not be tolerated, either, although it will not cause a ban, unless you do it constantly. Also, all such posts will be deleted on sight.

Don't do that again please. Thanks.

That has nothing to do with it, Glaber. There is no point at all to just say "I agree" with nothing else to add. This is the Colosseum for a reason.

"Scalded alive"? Wtf, they aren't cookeed alive, PETA are indeed morons.
And animals kill animals, is that animal cruelty?

I'm not sure if this little bit of information ever hit this topic, but according to the Center for Consumer Freedom (http://www.consumerfreedom.com/news_detail.cfm/headline/2807) PETA along with other tax-exempt non-profits economically supports terrorist organizations such as the Animal Liberation Front and Earth Liberation Front, which together have committed over one thousand crimes. (whee, way to restate the main premise of the article!)

And also, Ingrid Newkirk, PETA's leader, was quoted from USA Today's September 1991 issue as saying “Probably everything we do is a publicity stunt ... we are not here to gather members, to please, to placate, to make friends. We're here to hold the radical line.”

So yes, I do believe that PETA is indeed a crazy organization and refuse to support them in any way.

That has nothing to do with it, Glaber. There is no point at all to just say "I agree" with nothing else to add. This is the Colosseum for a reason.

So who's supporting PETA? I thought the Colosseum was for debates, not General Disscussion. I know you were speaking about rule 5, but still. no debating is going on in this topic.

Last edited:
Quite honestly, PETA is a very broken, rabid version of the SPCA, who does animal treatment and cruelty prevention right. I don't really think anyone outside of the PETA can possibly agree with them.

Argh i hate PETA, they argue that eating and killing animals is wrong, yet that is how humans have survived for the last coupla thousand years. If I was in a situation where I had to eat a certain animal before it ate me, I would be the one to get it first, I would not wait for it to maul me. And if PETA were to come to me about it, I WOULD SHOVE A ****ING KNIFE INTO THEIR THROATS! They are just abunch of morons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back