SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > SRB2.org > News

Old 04-02-2017   #41
SANICBOOM644
Blue Hedgehog Acceleration

Would the loops be implemented into the single player levels? One of the best places to put it in is the waterslide in DSZ2.
SANICBOOM644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017   #42
toaster
トースタちゃん
Developer

The loop is real, but a bit hacky - relying on gravflip to function. We just put it in the post for fun. The more important information conveyed in that link is that we've got wall transfers working, so that purple temple SUGOI level's quarter pipes are no longer suffering to play (if ported forward).

Also what are you talking about, of course Big is real. He's real and he's my friend.
<MonsterIestyn> watch porm to keep warm
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017   #43
elvinkonohana
Known as Elvin The Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
The loop is real, but a bit hacky - relying on gravflip to function. We just put it in the post for fun. The more important information conveyed in that link is that we've got wall transfers working, so that purple temple SUGOI level's quarter pipes are no longer suffering to play (if ported forward).
So i guess loops are a new thing and a bug fix...

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
Also what are you talking about, of course Big is real. He's real and he's my friend.
Well in that case...

elvinkonohana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017   #44
救世主 Messiah
I'm very detail. wuf!

Will this new version have any new zones?
Since ACZ and RVZ will be complete.
救世主 Messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017   #45
Monster Iestyn
Friendly Neighbour-Hood

Quote:
Originally Posted by 救世主 Messiah View Post
Will this new version have any new zones?
Since ACZ and RVZ will be complete.
Likely not. As well as finishing ACZ (no not RVZ, that's being saved for after 2.2), we've been improving or even remaking most of the existing levels in SRB2.
Monster Iestyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017   #46
FuriousFox
AKA FuriousFox
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomioTheBadass View Post
Even the loops ? lol.
The top half of the loop has reverse gravity. The gif is real, but if you stopped moving half-way through, you'd be able to stand on the ceiling.
FuriousFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017   #47
救世主 Messiah
I'm very detail. wuf!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Iestyn View Post
Likely not. As well as finishing ACZ (no not RVZ, that's being saved for after 2.2), we've been improving or even remaking most of the existing levels in SRB2.
allright! Hey Monster Will the meadow match change anything? Or have they decided to leave it the way it is?
救世主 Messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017   #48
Sketch

I've always hoped Amy was added as a 4th playable character, but Big's inclusion is not only an amazing choice, but also will add a new and much deeper layer into the story, with the dissapearence of froggy, this new story mode will surely make people tear up with such a revolutionary story.

But honestly I still hope that Amy is added as a 4th playable in the future, even if some might see it as a pipe dream. Also, loops. Loops. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSS. I just can't. People said it was impossible, but here we are. But, I'm guessing you can only really go through the loops like how was shown when rolling, as it would be very hard to make new frames for every single loop angle.
Sketch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017   #49
Nomekop

Considering that April Fools has ended, are we going to get a version of the post that contains all the true information? Then again, there is only one thing, other than Big, that really needs an answer on if its in 2.2 or not.

Are we getting Saph's Sonic 3 shields?
Nomekop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017   #50
MK.exe
aaaaaaaaahahahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by 救世主 Messiah View Post
allright! Hey Monster Will the meadow match change anything? Or have they decided to leave it the way it is?
The textures will get a visual update i assume, idk about level design
MK.exe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017   #51
Simsmagic
i 2 i

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriousFox View Post
The top half of the loop has reverse gravity. The gif is real, but if you stopped moving half-way through, you'd be able to stand on the ceiling.
the sonic 06 style of gravity, nice to see stjr taking cues from the real sonic games
Simsmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017   #52
toaster
トースタちゃん
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomekop View Post
Are we getting Saph's Sonic 3 shields?
I'll note that if we were getting all three (which there's no evidence for as of current, but c'mon) they wouldn't be Saph's work. Their existence as unused constants in the code (partially completed and then dummied out during 2.1 development) was the whole reason he made them happen as an addon, so. At the very least, it makes mods using them easier to port forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK.exe View Post
The textures will get a visual update i assume, idk about level design
This is incorrect! I think I've said a few times that we are deliberately including the retro Greenflower textures, flats, and sky in order to ensure that map stays as dated as the day it was born, because I am evil and nobody can stop me. Muahahahaha, etc.
<MonsterIestyn> watch porm to keep warm
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017   #53
RomioTheBadass
Right there, Criminal Scum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriousFox View Post
I thought about that too, I thought it's some kind of new effect you guys added which auto-flips player gravity again when they're not fast enough.
Old 04-02-2017   #54
Boinciel
ヒトデパンと奇妙なジャム
Developer

The loop that causes you to gravity flip halfway through is more like a couple of halfpipes glued together than anything. It's not going in the main game.

hubjim

Last edited by Boinciel; 04-02-2017 at 09:23 PM.
Boinciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017   #55
glaber
Emblem Radar Ready

At this point, I'm satisfied knowing that quarter and half pipes will work correctly rather than trying to hack one together.
glaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017   #56
Fodder
SRB2 = Sonic OVA?

To be honest, the idea of slopes just seems like a gimmick to me. I see somewhat limited potential in slanted floors. What am I missing that everyone else is getting so hyped about?
Old 04-02-2017   #57
RomioTheBadass

Who's hyped heh.
Old 04-02-2017   #58
glaber
Emblem Radar Ready

it may just be slanted floors, but they add so much more to level design, and help greatly in letting players know there's a safe way down.

Plus they were a feature that were missing for about 20 years
glaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017   #59
RomioTheBadass

Not to mention they where a big part (not so big but still) of Classic games and really helped speeding up the gameplay, which is what Sonic 4 failed at.
Old 04-02-2017   #60
Larztard
Yeah...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fodder View Post
To be honest, the idea of slopes just seems like a gimmick to me. I see somewhat limited potential in slanted floors. What am I missing that everyone else is getting so hyped about?
Overall design wise and aesthetic wise, it brings so much more to the table than compared to flat surfaces. If you want some good examples on what I'm talking about, play through SUGOI or even mess around in Thokker for a bit.