Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Off-Topic > Video Games

Old 07-29-2016   #21
Fres
Some aspiring cartoonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MosaicMario View Post
Score is 92716 .-.
9/27/16

Some kind of release date? I have no idea.
It's actually the Sonic Boom: Fire and Ice release date.
Old 07-29-2016   #22
MosaicMario
Possessed User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fres View Post
It's actually the Sonic Boom: Fire and Ice release date.
I knew that there was something suspicious with the score. Thanks for letting me know.
Old 07-29-2016   #23
Hatninja
Here and there

I quite like the more serious tone they seem to be going with. It reminds me of a bit of everything before colors.

Last edited by Hatninja; 07-29-2016 at 05:45 PM.
Hatninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016   #24
CobaltBW
I do things sometimes

yeah i don't get why people complain about serious plotlines. sonic 3 & knuckles took itself seriously and you don't see anyone bitching about it.... it's all about execution.

Check out my soundcloud profile for music stuff
CobaltBW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016   #25
waito-chan
i'm bae

OK, so I'll get this straight. I watched and rewatched the trailer, I thought and re-thought it. And I think I have a theory. But first, let's talk teaser.

Spoiler: Teaser stuff

First, let's say that the robots are very similar to the Death Egg Robot however I do NOT think that they are being controlled by Eggman, Instead, I believe that they are being controlled by a bigger threat, such as the Deadly Six, but it's unlikely.

After that, we see Sonic spinning right onto the ground - oh, I should mention that I don't think that was the Drop Dash, because I have a better thing for that ability. Get this. After Sonic Generations, a new timeline was created, and 2 started to exist in the same universe. One, where Sonic didn't meet with his older self in the past, and went through the 3D era normally while becoming FAST. Another one, where Classic Sonic saw his older self, and started practicing to become as good as he is. He never went through the 3D era (and as such only met Tails, Knuckles, Fang and Amy, which never went thourgh her modern change) and instead mastered 2D platforming and skills, and became extremely VERSATILE. That's the Sonic Mania timeline. It's also where Knuckles teams up with fang to be tricksters, and not becomes a dumb fella with no sense of adventure and conical depression. lol.

The 2D part of the teaser showcasing Modern Sonic has led me to think of some possibilities for his gameplay:

1. Modern Sonic will have 2D sections and will be able to switch between lanes, maybe with his Quick Step, or by the use of springs (similiar to how Kirby uses a warp star to switch lanes in his games).

2. He'll only have 3D sections, but the 2D perspective was a hint at Classic Sonic's appearance.

3. It's a preview of Classic Sonic's gameplay: he was able to master 2D platforming, so he's able to switch lanes at will, using the background as his advantage. I think this is the one that makes the most sense, since it follows my theory the best.

Next, therer's Classic Sonic boosting. Well, following my theory, I'd say he was able to master his Peel-Out technique in a way that he can activate it while walking, hinted at by the sound made, similar to that of the Peel-Out charge in Sonic CD.

Now, let's get deep.

Spoiler: Sonic Resistance theory

Now, the phrase Join the Resistance has led to many speculation, but I think it means something else. Union. The resistance is the union of all. Good and evil. Past, and future. Exactly what the Sonic Mania trailer said.
Boom Sonic fits in this, obviously. And while people wouldn't like to see him in a game, I'll just break it up: Sonic Team is best team. They wouldn't be so stupid as to put him there for no reason. Boom is coming back, to fit as the one from another universe, who's there to help save the world from the threat which could potentially wipe his world out. Oh, His World. Reminds me of '06. And past and future do too. Shadow and Silver... Iblis. The teaser showed fire, Iblis showed fire. Maybe Iblis is back. Maybe the Time Eater brought him back. Whew, this is getting nice...

Now, it's the union of good and evil, too. Think about it. If there's a bigger threat, even Eggman would chicken out of the base and join the blue hedgehog's team. Maybe he and Tails could team up to create machinery for detecting safe territory, and protecting it. Teaming up reminds me of Heroes. Oh, yeah. Remember the teaser spoiler? Those words I capslocked... FAST and VERSATILE define Modern and Classic Sonic. The word that defines Boom is STRONG, because of his combat experience. Speed, Fly, Power. Yeah, C-Sonic can't fly, but it fits, doesn't it? The one and only, the TRUE TEAM SONIC.

And that's the end of my theorizing. I guess I did a pretty good job. But I still can't figure out how could all of this happen and not being a Generations 2. Well, I guess it'll be a "brand new exprience", as Yuji said. Heh. Oh, and about PS2017 being released on the NX before a Mario game thing... let's just say Sega does what Nintendon't.

Last edited by waito-chan; 07-30-2016 at 12:55 AM. Reason: forgot some stuff
waito-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016   #26
Potatosack
Gets down to buisness*

I heard 'Join the resistance' and my mind instantly jumped to the idea of a sonic MMO

...take it away
Potatosack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016   #27
Katwover
typicality nonsensical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatosack View Post
join the resistance
<Katwover> it honestly looked like shadow 2 at first to me

Obviously it's not, but this has this edgy-serious tone that made me think of Shadow the Game the moment I saw a dark figure looking at ruins and then lol, jk it's Sonic
Old 08-29-2016   #28
Shane
Has no life for Hardware.
Developer

A Sonic MMO, so that finally, all of your Original the Characters could be in an official Sonic game!
Old 09-01-2016   #29
KobaBeach
ASK ME ABOUT ASM HACKING

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobaltBW View Post
yeah i don't get why people complain about serious plotlines. sonic 3 & knuckles took itself seriously and you don't see anyone bitching about it.... it's all about execution.
The thing is, Sonic 3&K is basically 2D Sonic with an actual plot, while lategame!SA2, Shadow and 06 are all shit edgy fanfiction written by a 14yo

I understand people wanting to go back to actual storylines (I can relate), but I'd rather not see any edgelord shit ever again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
A Sonic MMO, so that finally, all of your Original the Characters could be in an official Sonic game!
worst end

Quote:
Originally Posted by MosaicMario View Post
Spoiler: Off Topic
old post, i know but dont do this pls
Old 09-01-2016   #30
MosaicMario
Possessed User Title

Default I'm a free spirit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobaBeach View Post
old post, i know but dont do this pls
I do whatever I want to do as long as it does not come into conflict with the forum rules ;P
Old 11-05-2016   #31
Phantom-blade
Ayayayayayayaya!~

There has been an announcement for a new character for PR2017. What do you think? Hopefully it's not a fucking hedgehog, but I doubt it.
Phantom-blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016   #32
Chaotic Chao 3
Sir Dope Tails

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom-blade View Post
There has been an announcement for a new character for PR2017. What do you think? Hopefully it's not a fucking hedgehog, but I doubt it.
Hopefully it isn't something crappy like this.

Spoiler: Death Image
*snip*

Last edited by Chaotic Chao 3; 01-02-2017 at 12:40 PM.
Chaotic Chao 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017   #33
Boo
Crimson Knuckles

Wow, Epic debut trailer, lets see what eggman will come up this time.Or something more evil approaches.
Sonic 2017 will come out this year?
Il be waiting then.
Old 03-17-2017   #34
YevaEA
Christmas is no longer here

Rename the thread plz

Here's a livestream of the panel showcasing all the other juicy details, like the instrumental of the main theme, the basic plot overview, a quick alpha/beta demo of a modern styled level running on their new engine, and all the other Mania announcements they covered as well.

Last edited by YevaEA; 03-17-2017 at 01:05 AM. Reason: Info update
YevaEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017   #35
STHE123O
Little Monster

The game looks promising so far! 3 gameplay styles, new Hedgehog engine, Sonic and "his friends" on the good side. I hope we get to see more characters other than Tails, Knuckles or Amy though...
STHE123O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017   #36
Sockwarrior
hi

I gotta say, the gameplay is looking pretty snazzy so far. Though, I do have one minor gripe which is the fact that it looks like they're adding wisps to the game. If that's actually the case, I really don't see any reason for there to be a wisp mechanic shoehorned into this. I just have this gut feeling that it'd be like Lost World, where they would just kinda "be there" instead of contributing much to gameplay with the exception of a few levels.
Old 03-17-2017   #37
RomioTheBadass
Right there, Criminal Scum!

So it's Sonic Generations 2.
Dear god, 0:00 to 2:15 must be one of the cringiest things I ever seen.

EDIT :
Trailer : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ws3JuE7Is7I
30 Seconds Gameplay : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCBIiPphdhM

Last edited by RomioTheBadass; 03-17-2017 at 03:51 PM.
RomioTheBadass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017   #38
viniXD

Default The name of this game

is SONIC FORCES ( is official )
viniXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017   #39
Shadon
Just kind of an asshole

It's Sonic Colors/Generations again.

That is a good thing. Critics like those and they sell well
Shadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017   #40
YevaEA
Christmas is no longer here

I just don't undertand why ring energy isnt good enough for boosting, but bringing back wisps sounded like a good idea. Maybe I need to wait until we get more info like any possible opening cutscenes or demos at E3.
YevaEA is offline   Reply With Quote