SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Archived > SRB2 Forum Archives > Archived Announcements

Old 12-02-2007   #61
HP-administraitor

Hey, I think this new ban button's Pretty useful, but...-if it hasn't happened already-Shouldn't there be like, a confrimation sign? Like, (Are you sure that you want to ban so and so)? I just think that if any mod or admin, accidentaly presses the ban button on somone, They'd be screwed. Bleh, If this already happened please tell me, so I can go and spit whatever drink I have in disbalieve, (Agh. Grammar!) Or somthing.

WRYYYYYYY!
Old 12-02-2007   #62
jamgames

welll this is handy....and YES, i'm the idiot that got banned 4 or 5 days ago XD

anyway this looks very handy handy confirmation buttong does look useful.

Vari: shut it!!!!
Old 12-02-2007   #63
CobaltBW
I do things sometimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP-administraitor
Hey, I think this new ban button's pretty useful, but - if it hasn't happened already - Shouldn't there be like, a confirmation sign? Like, "Are you sure that you want to ban so and so"? I just think that if any mod or admin, accidentally presses the ban button on someone, they'd be screwed. Bleh, If this already happened please tell me, so I can go and spit whatever drink I have in disbelief, or something.
Grammatized. ;P

If I'm not mistaken, the administrators generally include a ban reason before they ban a person, so, to accidentally ban someone, they'd accidentally have to type a ban reason first without realizing they clicked the wrong button.

Also, moderators cannot ban users, only administrators can.

Check out my soundcloud profile for music stuff
Old 12-03-2007   #64
HP-administraitor

Ahh. Thanks. Megh, I really gotta Mind my grammer, or I'll Get BANZ0R3D myself! >.< Well, Back on topic. Meh, Now that this new button has come, I can't wait to see the sparks fly with all the noobzorz going "LOLOLOLOLOOLLO HOW DU AH SHOOP WHOOP I AM DESEPERATEZORZAGA!!!!!!111!11"

And if I ever become lored hokag- I meeean.... uuh, An administraitor, hehehehe, THEN I'll give them a run for there money!

WRYYYYYYY!
Old 11-25-2008   #65
UltimaXtreme
RENEWAL

As long as it's not a "Bans right on the button's press" style thing. If I were an Administrator, I would have been marked as Admin Abuser, because my mouse acts retarded a lot and clicks stuff no matter what. But only for a split second. Either way, I'm screwed if I mess up my spelling on here... Holy !@#$, I don't have a single Spell-Check line on here. Check out the proof

Quote:
<HellHawkX> depends
<Inkoishi> you really can shit
Old 12-08-2008   #66
Fawfulfan
The Tortured Planet guy

This can only be good news for those who follow the rules, and bad news for n00bs.
Old 12-08-2008   #67
Shadow Hog
Administrator

Um, it's been this way for an entire year.
Old 08-03-2009   #68
MilesRoseTheFox

Will I get banned if I do not talk on forums much?I tend to not to because somehow I always get yelled at saying I double posted when I never double posted,on ever single forum I have ever joined -_-.I do not know why.So if I end up double posting by mistake tell me,because I do not want to get banned over it like the last two forums.
Old 08-07-2009   #69
Fyrus

1. No. Lots of people rarely talk. That'd be a pretty harsh ban.

2. This topic is about 2 years old. Might wanna check the dates before you post.
Old 08-07-2009   #70
MilesRoseTheFox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrus
1. No. Lots of people rarely talk. That'd be a pretty harsh ban.

2. This topic is about 2 years old. Might wanna check the dates before you post.
Yeah,I should ^^;
Old 08-20-2009   #71
Ankoctoaragon

only a little wish, please don't ban people because of gramar and punctuation(I don't know if you still doing this) because you must know that some people doesn't speak a correct english because that is not his mother language, and I think that the comunity have a great number of members.
Old 08-21-2009   #72
Mystic
チェン!
Administrator

I personally find foreign speakers tend to fare better than native speakers of English assuming they were actually taught the language. The issue is that a lot of people simply don't care about typing at all because they're used to text messaging or other hard to read forms of communication and they're just lazy.
Old 08-21-2009   #73
Cue
ALAM STOP BREAKING THE S

Agreed, Mystic, those who try when English is not their native language will often actually try harder to get it right.

The others just don't bother.

Also, may I please note that punctuation is a universal thing, recognised between all cultures, and therefore cannot really be excused with "sorry, I'm not English."
<@Mystic> That's a good idea, Cue.

Last edited by Cue; 08-21-2009 at 12:02 PM.