• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

The Rise of Baconman Vol. 2 (work in progress announcement)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zck2020

This topic will show the progress I am making on the second volume of The Rise of Baconman Vol. 2! This topic shall also answer some questions you want to ask. 'Nuff said, Screenshots:

This will replace the ring toss sprite
bluethingun8.gif

These are the new chaos emerald sprites (don't ask why I decided to do this)
chaosemeraldsir1.gif

This replaces the eggmobil missile sprites
missilefa4.gif

Baconman texture samples
texture1ol4.gif

texture2ml2.gif

-Enjoy.

Cory the Hedgehog said:
Also, the missile replaces the entire Eggmobile?

...no...why would I do that? Anyway, Baconman was created fat because bacon comes from pigs, pigs are fat. Plus, he's the twin brother of Eggman. Any family of Eggman would be fat. lol. And the missile replaces the eggmobil missile. Not the eggmobil itself.

Maria wasn't fat! She was cute too. Also, his name's Eggman because he's shaped like an egg, so I only see it to fit if he was skinny, like a strip of bacon.

Chao Freak 1 said:
Also, his name's Eggman because he's shaped like an egg, so I only see it to fit if he was skinny, like a strip of bacon.

Actually... Robotnik is his name. Eggman for short.

Anyway... version 2 should be great.

zck2020 said:
...no...why would I do that?

You would get more people to like and get it. Also, as Chao Freak 1 said, Maria isn't fat and in SA2, neither was Prof. Gerald. So, to make this as good as you can, you should make him taller and skinny. Maybe with a green coat as some said before...

You get fat from eating fatty foods like pigs, and/or not exercising. Between most likely not eating as much as her male relatives, and running around the ark with Shadow at mack speed, of course she's thin.

And those sprites are _REALLY_ blurry.

Cory the Hedgehog said:
zck2020 said:

You would get more people to like and get it. Also, as Chao Freak 1 said, Maria isn't fat and in SA2, neither was Prof. Gerald. So, to make this as good as you can, you should make him taller and skinny. Maybe with a green coat as some said before...

Actually, that sentence was a response to your questioning if the eggmobil would be replaced by a missile.

BlueZero4 said:
Are we going to see ANY levels? x.x'

No we aren't because I can't even make a working box for a level in SRB2 Doom Builder.

On Edge said:
And those sprites are_REALLY_blurry.

That's because I resized the sprites before I uploaded them onto www.imageshack.us.

Cory the Hedgehog said:
zck2020 wrote:

It would look awkward seeing a tall and skinny guy in a fat and short Baconmobil.

zck2020 said:
BlueZero4 said:

No we aren't because I can't even make a working box for a level in SRB2 Doom Builder.
You don't make BOXES. >_>. A map won't work with 1 sector. At least 3 sectors makes it work properly, but 2 will at least not crash the game.

Either way, as I said in your last topic, SOCcing is going to be the way to go if you are going to make your mod rise above a "sprite replacement pack."

So, essentially you can add SOCs to your enemies/bosses, or you can go with what BZ4 said and make some levels. Preferably both, but either one will get the "your mod is a sprite replacement" people off your back.

on Edge said:
You get fat from eating fatty foods like pigs, and/or not exercising. Between most likely not eating as much as her male relatives, and running around the ark with Shadow at mach speed, of course she's thin.
fix'd and

Quoted for Truth!

I'll Begin said:
zck2020 said:
BlueZero4 said:

You don't make BOXES. >_>. A map won't work with 1 sector. At least 3 sectors makes it work properly, but 2 will at least not crash the game.

My point was that I suck at making levels. (It was a joke.) But I really do suck at level making.

Dude_ said:
Where's volume one? :/

Well, actually volume one doesn't have "volume one" in the title. It's just called "The Rise of Baconman!". It's located in the mod section.

GRRRRR!!!!11one

Ay, this'll be cool, zck. Why don't you soc the ring throwing sprites to have aftershadows that stay in place via ReallyFastRunning in Sonic Advance 3?

It was A_setmine or something.

I would try it myself buuuut... *points to avatar*

Re: GRRRRR!!!!11one

Blizzard T. said:
Chao Freak 1 said:
Hey! Don't diss macs! They are by far better than windows! You should be proud for running a mac!
Opinion = fact now?

Why, yes, of course! Why did you ever possibly think otherwise!?

It seems he did try Mac, and it sounds like he didn't like it, something I don't blame him for. Really, saying "Don't dis macs." is rather ridiculous. It's like saying "Only my opinions can be right."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back