mt_Srb2City.wad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warpshade

Usually lurks somewhere.
Srb2City.wad, this is the match variation of it, which may become part of a level pack/mod at some point in the proceedings, but that's a pipedream for now.

NEW (WORKING!) Download Link: http://www.warp.tinad.net/srb2/download.php?id=mt_Srb2City.wad

Screenshots:

srb20001.png

Park overhead shot

srb20002.png

Inside the store

srb20004-1.png

Warehouse 1 Interior

srb20005-1.png

Main Street

srb20006-1.png

Interior of military installation

srb20007.png

Exterior of military installation

All screenshots taken with Sonic

Rate/Review/Comment!

Last edited:
That's what the second person who joined said, but then we played it a little and we had a good time.

Just because a wad looks nice and more scenic than formal, doesn't mean that it isn't match. You could hangout anywhere really, but play match only in certain places.

A simple, small map counts as a match map, like Mystic's THUNDER CITADEL map. In a large map like this one, it doesn't count as a match map, as people will get lost, mostly from sight-seeing. I also see it as an RP map.

It's not that big. There are 5 *ahem* sub-areas, and you can move around them easily.

Also, in regards to 'sight-seeing', are you saying that this is an rp map because there's something nice to look at? Should I replace all my textures and remove the socs in an attempt to be duller? I could do it, but I wouldn't enjoy playing it anywhere near as much.

This actually looks really well done. I will download it and see if it is as good as it looks.

Edit#1 I actually like what things you have done with the level. But please make some of the buildings more interesting. I think this level would do better as a tag level or a hide and seek level. Hope you make it a whole lot better. (Note: Add more rings)

The reason why people are saying this is like an RP/Hangout map is because parts of the map look like they were made simply to be looked at, instead of being built with match in mind.

Also, its slightly reminiscent of SA City, which might be part of your problem. :|

(Or a good thing, depending on your point of view... :) )

To solve your problem, open up some of the cramped areas, like the warehouses, add lots more rings to the areas outside the military complex. The park, houses, etc had absolutely no rings that I could see...

I would also suggest adding more weapon spawns in more open places. I only saw one rail ring in my quick run-through.

The map looks great and was made quite solidly. It just needs a bit of retooling to make it more suitable for match.

*EDIT* This map has similar issues as my Dark Town level. This was Ritz's comment on my wad:
Ritz said:
First of all, this map places too much of an emphasis on graphical details, and it lags me out in software mode. You really shouldn't waste so many FOFs on superfluous things like faucets and headlights. The layout is completely nonsensical in regards to match mode; the countless obstacles make fluid movement difficult, and the buildings are too cramped to be of use in a heated match. The object placement isn't all that bright, either.

Not too bad of an attempt, but next time, build a map with match mode in mind, not the scenery. While you're at it, don't overdo the scenery, either- all those little details like bathrooms and cars aren't necessary, and they aren't much to look at, either.

Not all of this applies to your map, but you might want to think about the concept behind it while you improve your level. *END EDIT*

Thanks, I'll add some more rings/weapon rings now.

Also, the weapon count (excluding those in the store) is 4 rail, 2 bomb and 2 infinite at present

I must of missed the store ones. If you feel that the weapon count is sufficient, then of course, its your call. I only spent about 2-3 minutes playing through the map. :|

No problem, but I'm still adding maybe a bomb or two, in slightly plainer sight.

Also, the ones in the store are inaccessible, they're inside a glass box and are thusly uncounted in the above statement.

NEW DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.supersanctuary.net/srpgp/ffh/download.php?file=b5e04e1cfdde57230229d8e2b42df2fe

EDIT: Just had a netgame with some people. While at first it was a bit 'ooh, shiny', everyone started to play a competent match game and had a generally good time from what I could tell. The idea of roleplaying was only suggested once by.... Marquis C. McKennis.

Chaos Zero 64 said:
A simple, small map counts as a match map, like Mystic's THUNDER CITADEL map. In a large map like this one, it doesn't count as a match map, as people will get lost, mostly from sight-seeing. I also see it as an RP map.

It'd count, if you had 20-somthin players. Not even Mystic gets that many, I think.

I saw the improved version. The extra rings was all it really needed. I should host this sometime... :)

Warpshade said:
No problem, but I'm still adding maybe a bomb or two, in slightly plainer sight.

Also, the ones in the store are inaccessible, they're inside a glass box and are thusly uncounted in the above statement.

NEW DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.supersanctuary.net/srpgp/ffh/download.php?file=b5e04e1cfdde57230229d8e2b42df2fe

EDIT: Just had a netgame with some people. While at first it was a bit 'ooh, shiny', everyone started to play a competent match game and had a generally good time from what I could tell. The idea of roleplaying was only suggested once by.... Marquis C. McKennis.
I know, because I was there under the screenname of "BlackZero."

I liked what I saw on the screenshots, so I'll get it and check it out.

EDIT: I tried to play it, and it said that there was a monitor error from monitor 1 to monitor 3, then the game shut down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back