• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Need some help with editing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys I gotta question. I've been reading the turorial on level design and made it though most of the steps so far. however, the zip file that contains srb2 configuration data dosne't have the gfx wad that I need. any way i can get ahold of it or is it possible I can use something else?

you can just select srb2.srb as the IWAD.

Just move Doom2.wad to another location and reselect srb2.srb.

sence this is semi on topic... *ah-hem*

I beleave the gfx.wad holds all pictures, ect. that wil show up while adding a thing or editing a floor pic. the game itself works ok, but i'd like the gfx.wad so I can see more of the different floors and walls than typing out floor and wall names from the tutorial and having no clue about anything else.

please someone just post the GFX.WAD!! I really need it. and dont you dare say 'srb2.srb is better' because i tried using it and it WONT WORK. i need a .wad file!! :cry:

THANK YOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!~~!!~11!!one!! :D :D :D

also, srb2.srb doesn't work for me for some reason. ah well.

Yep, the gfx.wad worked. hooray!

The problem with using gfx.wad is that it was made with 1.08's textures, so you won't see anything made after that. Otherwise it works just fine.

Mystic said:
The problem with using gfx.wad is that it was made with 1.08's textures, so you won't see anything made after that. Otherwise it works just fine.
that's the first time i've seen you not lock a topic :eek: :lol: :lol: :eek:

Which just goes to show how much you know about the community. A large amount of Mystic's posts aren't to lock a topic.

Mystic said:

Prehaps someone should make a new gfx.wad. The stupid wad author says 'please use a valid file name' when i selected srb2.srb in the past. then i changed srb2.srb into a srb2.wad file. the same message showed up. also in doing so (stupid me) my game data was blown to smitherines and i had to re-install the game. oh well, time to get all the chaos emralds again :P

ZTaimat said:
Prehaps someone should make a new gfx.wad. The stupid wad author says 'please use a valid file name' when i selected srb2.srb in the past. then i changed srb2.srb into a srb2.wad file. the same message showed up. also in doing so (stupid me) my game data was blown to smitherines and i had to re-install the game. oh well, time to get all the chaos emralds again :P
Apparently, making gfx.wad took forever, and the person who made it is no longer in the community. There is pretty much no chance of that. I don't see why it would be doing that, though. srb2.srb is the IWAD, meaning it should be given to WadAuthor instead of doom2.wad, not added like gfx.wad is, but it should still work being added, unless AJ is doing more insane stuff to that file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back