• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Mp3 tut?

Status
Not open for further replies.
in a another topic i said:
anyway, the name of the lumps that you use for music are named by the musicslot that they take, E.G gfz1 O_MAP01M, if you make a music wad that has that lump in it, you'll replace gfz1 music, there is also O_MAP02M and it gos all the way to O_MAP09M, there is also empty slots available, like O_MAP06M and O_MAP10M.

Later slots are named differently, super sonic music is O_SUPERS and invincible is O_INVINC, try to avoid using existing slots for new music.
http://www.sepwich.com/foxboy/Srb2World/text/newmapheaders.html

you can find a list there.

And to fix that error just reinstall SRB2, and make a backup of gamedata.dat, unless you want to lose all the secrets that you have unlocked.

and if you are using midis replace tho "O_" with"D_".

Presumably, you already HAVE the MP3, so you just rename it O_[whatever], insert it into a WAD which you create, and load the WAD.

I see... I dont know anything about WADs or anything... Im just wondering where i start.. any program i need? where are these WADs? I just need like a Brief Tutorial Telling me where to start from Scratch :roll:

Well, that depends on what type of wad you're trying to make. If all you want to do is replace music, XWE or LumpMod should work just fine.

Absolute begginer.

1. download XWE.
2. Run XWE.
3. When it asks you for the IWAD/main wad browse for it and select srb2.srb, or type it in.

The step by step.
1. Make a new wad by selecting file>new and then select where to put the wad.
2. select entrys>load and find your mp3/ogg/midi.
3. now rename the new lump, which is your music file, to O_MAPxxM(ogg/mp3) or D_MAPxxM(midi) xx been a number between 01 and 99, or letters between A1 and ZZ.
if you want to replace music name it O/D_MAP01M for greenflower 1, O/D_MAP02M for GFZ2 etc.etc.
4. find your wad and load it into srb2!

Thank you so much!

but questions

1.where do i put the WAD when its done?
2. Culd i have a list of all names of Names like for each level, sound effect, title screen, etc?

1) The folder of your executable.
2) No. But, you can easily figure it out yourself by opening SRB2.SRB in XWE for sounds, and music.dta for music.

Well of course. It just doesn't activate by itself. ;) You need to use the SRB2Net launcher to include the WAD file when starting up the game, or you can do it by using the -addfile parameter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back