[Open Assets] SRB2 - Community Build! - Full color Edition! (PNG)

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this sounds weird, but what about a Translucent Transparent FOF at opacity #255 sloped at the edge of those slopes? I hope you know what I mean when I say that. Maybe that will be able to slope the side texture, but I'm not sure.

Actually, all attempts to adjust middle texture's height to accommodate FOfs have failed. We've all cut through walls to make breakable blocks through them and sometimes the areas within are part of a structure that our heroes can run about on top of. So, their running around on top of a FOF we made on top of the hidden area.

where the wall is breakable and middle textures lower unpegged on top are interrupted, I've have not yet been able to get these middle textures to the top of any FOF.

They look fine in 3D mode (where I usually adjust them) but during test runs they rest on the floor or the ceiling, depending on where you pegged them. After saving and closing the map, the textures return to the floor or ceiling the next time the map is loaded into the editor. I suppose this qualifies as another bug... I'll start a new thread when I get some caffeine into my brain:D

I've yet to create a sloped FOF bearing a middle texture but it never hurts to experiment!

Last edited:
Opps! I thought this was for all reports on current releases. My mistake. Well I don't know anything about moving posts around (if that's possible at all) I'm also pretty apprehensive about just re-posting this in another thread.

I throw myself and this thread at the mercy of the moderates. Do what you will.

Opps! I thought this was for all reports on current releases. My mistake. Well I don't know anything about moving posts around (if that's possible at all) I'm also pretty apprehensive about just re-posting this in another thread.

I throw myself and this thread at the mercy of the moderates. Do what you will.

Yeah, the Bug reports forum is pretty much for Vanilla SRB2 only. =P

I'll get to moving this thread now...

EDIT: There, done!

Last edited:
I know this sounds weird, but what about a Translucent Transparent FOF at opacity #255 sloped at the edge of those slopes? I hope you know what I mean when I say that. Maybe that will be able to slope the side texture, but I'm not sure.

Well I ran a thought experiment (not an actual experiment, but thinking through the process) and there are a couple reasons why this wont work. First, side textures are tiled normally weather the top of a sector is sloped or not (same goes for FOFs). Secondly, tagged sectors drawn exclusively for FOFs are not sloped in essence. So any middle textures take the shape (sloped or not) of the underlining sector. A flat sector tagged for a sloped FOF will draw a flat middle texture. Thirdly (and this is something that needs to be addressed anyway)

Middle textures' Y offset can not be adjusted.

Again, I found a problem in which middle textures are either stuck to the floor or ceiling of the drawn linedef, depending on where their pegged. In any and all cases, all efforts to adjust a middle textures Y offset have failed.

EDIT;
I discovered the pattern of the nonsloping middle textures concerning weather or not they hang over the slope or disappear into it.
I believe in thorough bug reports (it helps if y'all know everything I know)

Anyways, I found that it depends on the nonsloped height of the sloped sector. Let me explain.
Lets say you have 3 sectors in a row, the 2 on either side are at different heights and the middle is smoothly sloped between them.
The middle sector is going to have one of its linedefs set 186, or what have you. Lets say, at first it's the line that joins it to the lower sector of the 3. The slope sector's height now has to be set to that of the higher sector. It is this height that determines where the nonsloping middle texture will rest. In this case it will hang over the slope.

If you rearrange the slope to slope from the higher sector and set its height to that of the lower sector, its nonsloping middle texture will disappear into the slope.

I'm sure y'all know a hell of a lot more than me but I hope we can learn from what I've seen:D

Last edited:
What are you talking about? If you adjust a middle texture's offsets it floats. That's how you get grass borders on FOFs.

What are you talking about? If you adjust a middle texture's offsets it floats. That's how you get grass borders on FOFs.

I agree in how that's how it's supposed to work and I didn't have this problem in the first SRB2DB. However, that's not what's happening in my current cases. I haven't yet been able to make anything like a grass border around FOFs. All my textures are stuck to where their pegged.

EDIT: After a few more experiments I've actually noticed that there is no setting offsets for textures at all. X, Y, front, back, or middle. Changing the offests by number doesn't yield any results. Changing offests in 3D mode only looks like it's doing something but when maps are tested all textures sit, with no offset.

I know there aren't allot of people working on CB but is this information going anywhere or to anybody at all?

Last edited:
I agree in how that's how it's supposed to work and I didn't have this problem in the first SRB2DB. However, that's not what's happening in my current cases. I haven't yet been able to make anything like a grass border around FOFs. All my textures are stuck to where their pegged.

EDIT: After a few more experiments I've actually noticed that there is no setting offsets for textures at all. X, Y, front, back, or middle. Changing the offests by number doesn't yield any results. Changing offests in 3D mode only looks like it's doing something but when maps are tested all textures sit, with no offset.

I know there aren't allot of people working on CB but is this information going anywhere or to anybody at all?

Yup, the slope system definitely has a few quirks in it, I may fix it if I have the time and patience. Haven't touched SRB2 code in months, it's a very scary thing *shudders* Luckily I think my coding ability improved enough so I can actually code now :P

So yeah, let's optimize/fix/modernize/update this thing!

...what else needs fixing again?

Kalaron, I'd really like to see the bots smarter, using guns, playing coop levels and race alone and really playing Tag, CTF and Hide and Seek.

And for some reason when I play this with my cousin in exe mode LAN I can not Add active bots, because if I add the game a synchronization error of not to join again.

And lastly, please update the exe to 2.1 when it is out.

Sorry for the large message and the lot of requests is that I'm very glad you're back :D

I wanna play as that Rosy character (Classic Amy with hammer jump), but her ability doesn't work, and for some reason she can't reach full speed. And only in this mod...
Homing attack doesn't work either...any other abilities broken? =p

Also, I can't wait for slopes to completely work. I wanna run loops. =)

Last edited:
Hmmm... It seems that the game crashes when it loads DSZ2 because of the colormap limit.

Whenever I start up SRB2CB, the game is HORRIDLY slow. It only goes at 1-2 FPS. OpenGL is probably very slow..... Is there any way I can speed it up?
(I need it to be running at full speed. If not, I might delete the entire mod from my computer.)

Whenever I start up SRB2CB, the game is HORRIDLY slow. It only goes at 1-2 FPS. OpenGL is probably very slow..... Is there any way I can speed it up?
(I need it to be running at full speed. If not, I might delete the entire mod from my computer.)

It's because maybe your computer doesn't support OpenGL, or your graphics card isn't powerful enough.

Okay, there's no way that the next version of SRB2 can't feature at least some of these modifications. This is freaking incredible.

My only complaint so far is your annoying change to Analog Mode. Why does the camera flip automatically when Knuckles glides backwards?

Oh, and the player takes damage whenever the skin gets changed. What the heck?

So that's why I get murdered every time I change skins..
Anyway, this is really good. I had a blast once I found out what you meant when the game ties skins to MD2s. Also, this plus Jeck Jim's MD2s plus bots equal one epic-ly fun time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back