Little Big Planet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autosaver

Game Informer Little Big Planet 2 info (you can create any game genre you want)!!! Quote:
LittleBigPlanet 2 Game Informer June 2010 Issue Information

Context about the first LittleBigPlanet

- The first LBP was never intended to be a simple platforming game
- Over 2 million levels available online
- About 56,000 new levels per week on average

LittleBigPlanet 2 Information Starts Here:

- LBP 2 has less of a focus on platforming altogether and it's more of a platform to actually create games with

- There is an all-new level creator and it is not just a tool to create platform games.

- As examples, the game 100% encourages the player to create game types and wants you to make a shooter, a racer, puzzle games, Space Invaders clones, even RPGs

- A player can even customize a HUD. The example given is a health bar for a fighting game.

- A Media Molecule developer has created a fully-functioning Command & Conquer Clone

- Media Molecule loves that a lot of user-created levels in LBP1 were homages to classic games and laments that so many manipulations of the creation tools were necessary to do them. Sackboy won't need to be "hidden behind the curtain" when you make games with LBP2.

- There is a new super-important creator tool called "direct control seats"

- (from previous point) In LBP1, lots of people made rudimentary "hold R1 to accelerate" vehicles. Mark Healy created a car out of rubber wheels and a bottle, then placed a direct control seat in it. He pulled up an interface that resembled a PS3 controller and assigned commands to buttons.

- Example given was assigning Sixaxis tilt for forward and reverse, horn on the X button.

- You are no longer limited to the game's stock sound effects. You can record your own sounds and voices, attaching them to characters or objects. Magic Mouth from the original LBP is gone

- Direct control seat's control scheme is instantly accessible and you can attach it only to the part of the vehicle you want it to control.

- Example was given about the 8/16-bit remakes/tributes having to use the signature gameplay mechanics of LBP. That is no longer true in LBP2. A creator can place a direct control seat on their own platforming protagonist and complete it with a customized control scheme.

- Example of the previous was Yoshi's Island. If a player creates the perfect recreation of the SNES-era jump they can share it with anyone in the community.

- There is an in-game microchip that functions as a calculator and it is a direct response/homage to PSN user Upsilandre (seriously, he's mentioned by name)

- Enemies in the original title could only be programmed with super-basic commands and most resembled marionettes.

- Users will be able to take a template for an enemy called a Sackbot, tweak the AI and dress it in any way they choose.

- Creators can choose the weak points on the Sackbot, determine if it is scared of heights, and even program acting routines.

- A disco scene was set up by Media Molecule and two employees recorded together on a single Sackbot. They moved its arms and bobbed its head in a dancing routine. JUST the AI was copied and pasted onto twenty different Sackbots. Each Sackbot was given its own unique look.

- There are now movie editing options as well.

- Every LBP2 player will receive their own profile on LBP.me. It will display your activity feed as well as previews of their own stages

- There will be user-created integration in QR codes as well. They can be printed on advertisements, business cards, and automatically load a level when held up to the PlayStation Eye. There is no special menu to do this. Any time the PS3 is turned on and running LBP 2, you can wave it in front of the Eye.

- If you are not near your PS3 you can take a quick photo with your smartphone to see an online preview of the level and add it directly to your level queue.

- For creators of multiple levels, you will be able to string your stages together so that they flow from one level to the next.

- Sackbots can be drastically increased or decreased in physical size.
- Sackbots can be controlled by direct control seats as well.

- There is a new gadget (like the MGS paintball gun). It is a big-*** grappling hook.

- Media Molecule says explicitly there are multiple more gadgets coming.

- All DLC from LBP1 transfers over to LBP2. Including downloaded content packs, costumes, etc.

- There is a major overhaul to the story level as well. There's the same 3-plane perspective for the story mode and the levels so far have a similar run-jump-grab platform style.

- Storyline is not country-based like last time, but is based in periods of time
- Here is a list of levels and summaries so far:
(click on the link to see these, they are spoilers)

- Circuit boards (like the calculator) can get extremely complicated and they have a very distinct interface

- Creators can make full-on cutscenes. Camera angles and voice-overs included. Creators can even make little five-minute short films. These levels are clearly marked on the stage select screen so you can tell whether you're watching or playing the level.
Source: neogaf, can't link... too many people cussing out of excitement xD

Holy crap, this will make the first game look like crap! :O
I'm seriously interested in this.

It seems very impressive. If/when it's released, I'll definitely buy it. I'm not much of a creator, but I'd love to see what other people would do with these new options.
My only real complaint is having to fork over another fifty bucks for this, but It'll probably be worth it.

Last edited:
If you don't have the first game. Get the GOTY edition. Its only 30 dollars AND IT comes with 30 dollars worth of DLC. Did I mention that it carries over to LBP2?

By now you’ve probably seen the information about LBP 2 that were revealed in Game Informer and looked longingly at the scans and screenshots, but if you still don’t have enough here is what Edge had to say about the game.
Unlike News of the World preview says the game scheduled for release this Winter.

Changes:
# Huge visual upgrade
# Colour filters for certain areas, e.g. x-ray
# Instead of sliders in lighting and sound menus, they have percentages
# Cutscene cameras are now white… (Seen in a screenshot)
# You can place decorations and stickers on your planet

New features:
# Bounce Pads
# New hazard: Laser
# You can make Sackbots harmful (electrify, fire etc.)
# You can grapple Sackbots
# It is possible to record something and apply it to a sackbot
# If you program a sackbot to follow you, and then jump into a vehicle, the sackbot will catch up and jump in with you.
# You can use direct control seats with Sackbots
# Direct control does control momentum, so no unwanted shooting up into the air
# You can program sackbots to hang off things
# Level Linking ‘Badges’
“Place the new level-linking ‘badge’ in your level and you can seamlessly transport players to another. Useful for building multi-level games as well as for collector types to create level hubs for great levels that they’ve found”
# Photos on lbp.me will be the ones posted on the level itself
# Usernames on lbp.me will be PSN names
# There will be a facebook-style ’stream’ (possibly lbp.me) which will show highscores, hearted levels etc for each player

New tools:
# Grappling Hook
“A powerup in the mould of LBP’s MGS DLC, the grappling hook is thrown out with R1 and attaches to any grabbable [so sponge etc] surface until you let go in the same way a grab would usually work. You can reel it in and out by pressing up and down on the stick, and also swing, your tether flexing with a satisfying ‘boing’.”
# Microchips: Once you place them, it projects a space in which you can build logic etc. When you are done it minimizes the logic and store it inside one little microchip
# New torch/flashlight lighting object (Just looks like one, sackboy cannot actually hold it)

Extra round:
# So far it is 4GB extra content (will get bigger). Meaning it is too big for a patch.
# If they were to make it as DLC it would be VERY expensive DLC.

lbp2b_516x516_111781a.jpg

MUST BUY....

The features it offers at the moment sound pretty damn impressive. I might actually look into this when it comes out, but it's getting another console which I need money for that too.

LBP and this would be the only reason I'd consider getting a PS3. The game just looks really cool.

Don't get the first one unless you get the GOTY's edition.

As all LBP levels are compatible with the next game.

Don't get the first one unless you get the GOTY's edition.

As all LBP levels are compatible with the next game.

Erm...I'm a little confused by what you mean...However, I do have the original not GOTY edition...so from what I am reading; If I got GOTY version, All LBP1 Levels can be played in LBP2 right?

No, I'll clear it up for you.

EVERYTHING from LBP1 works with LBP2. So you really don't need LBP, just sell it for credit for the second game.

The GOTY edition contains DLC. The DLC in the game is worth over 30 dollars. PLUS, the DLC will transfer over. So you really aren't losing any money.

Everything transfers over, even if you have the original version. GOTY just offers over 30 dollars of DLC that also transfers over.

DEBUT TRAILER
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oy_a3oCDzRA&feature=player_embedded#!

Nobody commenting on the music? I think the guys at Media Molecule have pretty damn awesome tastes, since in the first game there was some "The Go! Team" and the music from this trailer got stuck in my head the whole day.

Other than that, you guys are getting too hyped. This looks cool and all, but you guys should wait a bit more.

I read this in Game Informer, and as a huge fan of the first game, this sequel actually looks BETTER than the first game! I can't believe it was actually possible for LBP to become even BETTER than it is now. Media Molecule will surely compete against Nintendo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back