[Open Assets] Chaos Control (UPDATED 7/24)

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HellHawkX

Pretty self-explanatory, open the script and change skin name to fit your character, the ability is activated by pressing spin while jumping

The collision detection demonstrated in second picture was made by JTE, and I thank him for letting me use it

RequiresEmeralds - If this is on, then you can no longer activate Chaos Control without the Chaos Emeralds
ConsumeRings - Chaos Control takes away rings upon use
ConsumeRate - Changes ring consumption rate

Attachments

• ChaosControl.rar
    1,016 bytes · Views: 1,608
  • ChaosControlV1.2.lua
    3.1 KB · Views: 1,427
  • srb20047.gif
    srb20047.gif
    2.2 MB · Views: 1,654
  • srb20049.gif
    srb20049.gif
    5.6 MB · Views: 1,502
  • srb20050.gif
    srb20050.gif
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,811
Last edited:
I made a different chaos control ability before this one. I was going to post it, but for some reason, I can't post extensions. I think it's because I'm just a standard user and not a dev or anything.

My chaos control is a chaos blast, and it glides you forwards, at the cost of 10 rings per second.

I made a different chaos control ability before this one. I was going to post it, but for some reason, I can't post extensions. I think it's because I'm just a standard user and not a dev or anything.

My chaos control is a chaos blast, and it glides you forwards, at the cost of 10 rings per second.
I have your wad. Your chaos control is a small edit of Zipper's boost ability from Pinkie.wad that boosts you forward with the exact same ring drain as Pinkie's boost. It doesn't function anything remotely similar to a Chaos Blast either.

As for this, your work is wonderful as always, HellHawk :3

srb20002-1.gif

This is a blast to screw around with. It's a somewhat betraying to simply have Sonic disappear when using it; perhaps you could use a visual effect on him?

UPDATE
The character no longer goes invisible when using the ability, instead he spawns a thok trail behind him, you can easily re-enable invisibility by getting rid of the comment tags in line 23

I also came up with a temporary fix for floor detection until I can get a decent one going

Last edited:
srb20003.gif

From what I assume is used to stop Sonic from Chaos Controlling into instadeath thok barriers, it has the side effect of causing him to bounce away from walls when simply running, thokking, or spindashing into them.

srb20003.gif

From what I assume is used to stop Sonic from Chaos Controlling into instadeath thok barriers, it has the side effect of causing him to bounce away from walls when simply running, thokking, or spindashing into them.

Ah, right, the collision detector checks for player momentum before it bounces you off, it seems I forgot to make it check if you are Chaos Controlling, download the updated attachment for the fixed version.

(11:46PM)Edit:The attachment has been updated again with more bug fixes

Last edited:
I have your wad. Your chaos control is a small edit of Zipper's boost ability from Pinkie.wad that boosts you forward with the exact same ring drain as Pinkie's boost. It doesn't function anything remotely similar to a Chaos Blast either.

As for this, your work is wonderful as always, HellHawk :3

Actually, the only thing from the pinkie wad was the ring decrease, which is what my friend, ManicTH14 added. He's new to lua, and the boost ability from pinkie pie was used in the wad, but as a seperate boost ability, also added by ManicTH14.

The chaos control I made makes an explosion, and launches you forward with a trail (Completely different to the trail in pinkie.wad) and it keeps you in the air at a consistent level. This costs 5 rings every half second. I wrote my script myself, excluding pinkie's ring decrease lua. I am extremely offended that you thought I stole code, I didn't even post the wad on the MB.

Actually, the only thing from the pinkie wad was the ring decrease, which is what my friend, ManicTH14 added. He's new to lua, and the boost ability from pinkie pie was used in the wad, but as a seperate boost ability, also added by ManicTH14.

The chaos control I made makes an explosion, and launches you forward with a trail (Completely different to the trail in pinkie.wad) and it keeps you in the air at a consistent level. This costs 5 rings every half second. I wrote my script myself, excluding pinkie's ring decrease lua. I am extremely offended that you thought I stole code, I didn't even post the wad on the MB.
Mhm. Let's dissect your wad now, shall we?

7Vd8B.png

very friendly comments of course, trashing the people that actually make sprites

7VdfL.png

this code drains about five rings every second, not every half second. was wrong about being a copypaste, you seem to know how to change -1 to -5. good job kid.

7Vdtb.png

hints towards stolen code, your lua doesn't even mention the correct character

7Vdws.png

oh goodie, DIRECT remnants of Zipper's code!

I could do this all day, but I'm sure people have better things to do than to stare at bad/stolen lua code.

7Vd8B.png

very friendly comments of course, trashing the people that actually make sprites.
My honor has been tarnished!...
srb20016.gif

Oh wait, no. It's still here.
ONTOPIC: This ability is so fun to mess around with. Literally 10 seconds in ERZ2. ;v;

Last edited:

I really don't understand why you're trying to seek relevance in a thread that isn't yours.

Mhm. Let's dissect your wad now, shall we?

7Vd8B.png

very friendly comments of course, trashing the people that actually make sprites

7VdfL.png

this code drains about five rings every second, not every half second. was wrong about being a copypaste, you seem to know how to change -1 to -5. good job kid.

7Vdtb.png

hints towards stolen code, your lua doesn't even mention the correct character

7Vdws.png

oh goodie, DIRECT remnants of Zipper's code!

I could do this all day, but I'm sure people have better things to do than to stare at bad/stolen lua code.

Actually, the lua that mentions sonicth, is another character I was envolved in making. I was too lazy to change it.

I already mentioned, that the BOOST LUA is what my friend put in. I MADE THE CHAOS CONTROL LUA!

If you look for the chaos control block, you'll see THE RING THING IS THE ONLY THING COPIED AND PASTED, NOT TO MENTION MODIFIED!

Why can't you just stop raging (Sorry for being a hypocrite), just because I understand how lua works. For all I know at this very moment in time is that you don't know much about lua. You seem to think you can make everything work differently by using different code, which is false. If you knew about programming, you'd know there's only one way of doing things.

By the way, I made my own skate soc, and I've made a walljump lua for an espio wad. Now just shut up, and stop wasting your time cyber-bullying people. I'm sure there's more you could do with your life.

Why do I want to know about your nitpicking, and also bear in mind that the wad is INCOMPLETE!

That's I-N-C-O-M-P-L-E-T-E.
It's also for social uses only. It's not going to be put on the MB anyway.

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

My honor has been tarnished!...
srb20016.gif

Oh wait, no. It's still here.
ONTOPIC: This ability is so fun to mess around with. Literally 10 seconds in ERZ2. ;v;

I don't see what you're trying to say. I improved my soc, also, you don't need to be horrible over skype just because I needed a little help with what the colors were. I didn't know all the functions at the time.

I'm not gonna say anything one way or the other on the debate going on here, but

Why can't you just stop raging (Sorry for being a hypocrite), just because I understand how lua works. For all I know at this very moment in time is that you don't know much about lua. You seem to think you can make everything work differently by using different code, which is false. If you knew about programming, you'd know there's only one way of doing things.
Even if two people write functionally exact code, there are going to be minor syntactical differences (use of comments, variable names, and in some cases different orders of statements are common examples) that make each different.

BUT there is definitely more than one way to code any given function. For example, if you need a count to delay something, are you gonna count down or up? Do you adjust momentum then check, or check then adjust momentum? How are you going to check if something is true this frame, but wasn't the previous frame? (I can think of at least three different ways to do that one.) Hell, Nev3r and I have both written functions that trace an object to HUD coordinates, and those are entirely different implementations that give exactly the same result.

So saying "there's only one way to do things" is a horridly ignorant claim to make. Especially when you're trying to use it as proof that code isn't stolen.

I'll take "taking the bait" for 400, Trebek.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back