[13:12] <SSNTails> MP3 support was never made special
[13:12] <Senku> Though I barely use it anyways
[13:12] <Callum> Without a plugin, Senku
[13:12] <SSNTails> it just happens that you can feed FMOD any of its formats
[13:12] <Callum> Can you force SRB2 not to play MP3s? <3
[13:12] <SSNTails> I only coded it with OGG in mind
[13:12] <Lightkey> okay, got rid of fullscreen *phew*
[13:13] <SSNTails> lol probably
[13:13] <SSNTails> is that to cut down on noobs?
[13:13] <Flame> Oh wow
[13:13] <Callum> DOOOOEEET
[13:13] <Callum> YES, IT IS
[13:13] <SSNTails> post in the 1.1 thread
[13:13] <Callum> Ok :D

OK, but just MP3, I know module support isn't very good (through the times I tested it everything was perfect), but don't remove them, they take up less space and making looping in them is easier (from the sequencer viewpoint, that is). At least you don't have to find out the exact spot where it loops and check which sample is it so you edit the comment tag :P

Just keep WMA support, though it's probably not supported in the first place, I know it works 'cause I've tried it with my SADX music DTA.^_~

How about a freakin' sweet fade-in/fade-out effect when you get too close to the camera instead of you just cutting to a transparent Sonic? It's probably not worth the time and effort, though.

Having death pits as just a flat land with a black texture and special effects, there should be a way to make it seem like you keep falling and falling untill you die.

Sik said:
OK, but just MP3, I know module support isn't very good (through the times I tested it everything was perfect), but don't remove them, they take up less space and making looping in them is easier (from the sequencer viewpoint, that is).
Yeah, don't remove the module support. I'm not asking for a better compatibility, just keep it... :<

Guys, just keep suggesting stuff. I predict that at page 100, the topic will be locked (it's only a guess) and no more suggestions will be able to be submitted, so try to make them good ones! I've run out, except for:

Trigger Linedef Executor: Ring Shot (Continuous) (Might be unnecessary considering shot rings move quickly...)
Trigger Linedef Executor: Ring Shot (Each Time)
Trigger Linedef Executor: Ring Shot (Once)

Also, the ability to be able to have thrown rings have the same properties as a pushable object or player would be cool. Example: Teleports for Red Rings? Come on, how many awesome level designs could you make with THAT? Let me just go on saying; a lot.

Trigger Linedef Executor: Number of Players (Once)
Trigger Linedef Executor: Number of Players (Each Time)
Trigger Linedef Executor: Number of Players (Continuous)

It counts all the players in the sector or just on the floor, depending on the sector type you used. Good for coop.

1. Users have to allow HTML in their profile to enable the HTML in someone's else post.
  2. Even if phpBB shows the checkbox, HTML has to be enabled per-user or usergroup by administrators. It's normally disabled by default.
So HTML must be triple enabled, and forget you can do that :P

EDIT: it seems HTML works in the review (at the bottom, when you make a post), but doesn't in the normal mode. Odd :&

Knuckles should have Super, Tails not. That's how S3K used to work.

By the way, add another multiplayer mode, hunt. There's a ring limit, and the first in reaching that value wins. To make things easier, the yellow shield should be forbidden in this mode, and if you get hurt, you should lose only 10 rings. If you die (crusher, pit, drown), you retain the rings except for 50, as a penalty. Rings must respawn for this mode to work.

It's an interesting mode, believe me :)

Ok, I'm not sure if this is already in SRB2, so shoot me if it is.

The ability to change MainCFG Category commands in a normal SOC when it is loaded up by a level. Useful when you want custom credits, instead of loading up a seperate WAD file.

The "TITLESKY = lump" command in the MainCFG Category options. Useful for changing the TITLESKY without loading up a seperate WAD.

(hehe, I want to eliminate tbe_eme.wad in my mod :3)

A new flag for mods, so those that shouldn't be used in the master server can prevent SRB2 from hosting if you try to advertise the game with the mod loaded.

It would be kind of neat to be able to send a player to a certain level if he loses a life as a Level Header option. It can be abused and I know it can be cheap but implemented correctly it could make a boss fight somewhat interesting. It could also be used to emphasize a little nonlinearity or for bonus levels.

An Emerald collection mode. In any match level, an Emerald is placed in one of the chosen parts. Then, the players have to try to find it. Depending on your time, you will earn a certain amount of points. This is a 3, 5, or 7-match mode, so who-ever earns the most points within 3, 5, or 7 matches wins! And there is an Emerald radar. And chatting is disabled for obvious reasons, and the game ends after five minutes. Those who don't make it get a Time Over.

Change the way Chaos Emeralds work for CTF.

Each base would share the emeralds, and you could steal emeralds form the other team by capturing the flag. If you got all 7 emeralds, everyone in the team could go super sonic, but it would be a slightly weaker version.

Make all the flats available as textures and vice versa. The lack of matching textures and flats is ridiculously annoying.

Not sure if this has already been suggested, but...

The axis transfer item is what shapes the track for NiGHTS mode, right?

I'm thinking that if the same sort of stuff was applied to 2D mode, 2D levels could be that much cooler. Like a 2D circuit course.

on Edge said:
Code:
[19:52] <JEV3> it would be nice to have shortcut keys for each ring
[19:52] <Prime_2> heh, yeah
[19:52] <Alam_Debian> so, should we put key binds to select a kind of weapon, look to the 1,2,3,etc?
[19:52] <JEV3> I think cycling through them can get a little annoying
[19:52] <Alam_Debian> *like

Kaysakado said:
A console command to switch between the weapons so you don't have to rapidly mash the key you set to switch. You could just set a bind and only have to press the key once.

Already suggested.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back