2.1: It's happening! Release details!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh gosh. I've been watching this thing since like demo 4 which was back in like 2002, maybe? (My name has changed like four times.)

Thank you SRB2 for eating my life!
How can a silly fangame be so addicting?
It's been fun.

srb2jesus.jpg

Blame JTE for making this.

It's a base-game thing. Lua cannot mess with custom player-colors. (If I remember correctly, JTE made it so that the palette goes from full-range color to less and and back for the pulsating). Inu did all the Lua stuff you see there for fun though.

Last edited:
So I need to torrent it if I want to get it day 1?

............Bah. You're making me do it. And I hate torrents usually. XD Well done, you have hyped my enough to torrent it.

I have no idea how to download BitTorrents, I think I will wait until the normal Download comes, I'm guessing that will only be a day or two after launch, I only started SRB2 back in 2007 so I can't say that I want this version as much as some people, but I'm still very excited!

Last edited:
My torrent client is ready for the weekend. 2.1 is looking more and more exciting with each new bits of information.

lua_super.gif

lua_rocket3.gif

Inuyasha and JTE have fun: Part 3.

(Mostly Inu though)

More increminating proof!!

I like the HUD pretty much, however I'd prefer if it was optional like a .wad or built in the game (Enable/Disable Advanced HUD) because I think some people will still use the old one.

Fun Fact: In 1.09.4, there were tons of usable wads and 90% of them were recolor/overpowered versions of Sonic, Tails and Knux (R.I.P. Thunder the fox). When 2.0 arrived, most of those got abbandonned and even more got rejected due to being recolors. People grew lazy and only most popular .wads got released. Now, 2.1 is about to be out and there is already tons of project with luas and custom abilities for characters.

I like the HUD pretty much, however I'd prefer if it was optional like a .wad or built in the game (Enable/Disable Advanced HUD) because I think some people will still use the old one.
The hud, SA-style monitor effect, and wisps are demonstrations of Lua scripting, and in particular Lua's new HUD library. None of them reflect changes to the vanilla game.

Last question im gonna make: Is the Rocket Wisp LUA thingy going to be released along 2.1? At least it should appear in the releases section.
Just sayin'~

See you all guys day of release.

YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS! ABOUT DARN TIME! I'm so hyped for this, hyped probably isn't enough to explain how hyped I am! I will for sure download 2.1 the VERY FIRST MOMENT it comes out. Thank you SRB2 gang! It took you WAY to long but hey, you did it anyway! So I loves you! :3

Hyped I am. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back