Recording SRB2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fraps stopped working for me in SRB2 when 2.0 came out, though I haven't actually TRIED to get it working again.

Last edited:
Dxtory. It's pretty much Fraps except less bad with more features. The English translation isn't completely spot-on (Japanese-made), but it's still usable and highly customizable.
He stated it don't work well in SRB2.

Also, while Dxtory is a very good option, SRB2 isn't exactly read as a target for Dxtory to hook.
Is cam studio good for this? I haven't tried it yet... But I heard it works.
Not really...

Another option could be Camtasia Studio. It's a little more pricey than Fraps ($50 compared to $40). I have both programs and they seem to be comparable. Camtasia has some features I wish Fraps had, but I find Fraps easier to just start and go. Good luck!
Camtasia Studio really isn't an option either. Yeah, it has a video capture in it, but that uses it's own crappy codec, which is none too impressive. It's some I'd treat more as "Baby's first Non-Linear Editor" than anything else.

Try Hypercam 2 then. =D
No.

Sad to say, if Fraps has a hard time coping on your system, you need an upgrade. My suggestion, is (assuming this is a desktop) get a new video card. Fraps encodes while it records, chugging the system and putting a strain on your GPU. The GPU can cope better and provide you more graphical fidelity if you have a good graphics card. Mine's an AMD Radeon HD 6670. I can get mid settings at 720p (Shadows low, of course) with 2x AA and AF. Overall, a decent $60 buy, especially when I'm running 2 monitors.

If it's a laptop, sadly, upgrades are out of there. Sorry, man.

Honestly Fraps is great. I don't have an issue with performance (at the very least, it'll bring it down to around about whatever I'm recording at for any game I've tried). Though last time I used it in SRB2 2.0.6, it kinda just... didn't record. I got a white screen on the video.

Fraps does not record video for me. Only audio... I tried everything to try to fix it, but Fraps doesn't generally give you many settings to change.

I apologise for bumping this topic, but I can't remember how long the limit is. But I just wanted to say, I found a new recording software that is amazing on SRB2. It's called "Action!" and it's by a company called "Mirillis".

I think it was something like $30, can't remember, but I originally got it for other games, but recently decided to try it in srb2, it is probably your best bet. I would personally say it's better than fraps, it's almost as customizable as DXTory, but it lacks HD quality.

It does have nice quality, but not quite as good as DXTory.

Anyway, I think the admins should and will close this topic after this post. Thanks for all the help everyone.

~~HitCoder/HitKid61~~

Hey guys just updating this as discretely as possible, with the knowledge noobs with this issue may stumble across here.
If you have this issue I'd highly recommend trying OBS ( www.obsproject.com )
Works on every platform, and has a lot of support (open source, just like SRB2! :D )

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back