EXE Mod features that could get into vanilla SRB2

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the hell? Why limit it even more? It's not doing anything wrong right now. Especially since no one wants to search for their favorite color and be halted every 5 seconds. And hardly anyone uses the console for those simple things.
I mean, if they put back in the change color while moving thing, maybe if your moving it could make it where you can only change color every x number of tics and leave the instant color change function the same if you are standing still...?

What the hell? Why limit it even more? It's not doing anything wrong right now. Especially since no one wants to search for their favorite color and be halted every 5 seconds. And hardly anyone uses the console for those simple things.
Oh, that explains all those ea... wait, hardly anyone doesn't do that.

I say, the more options in a game, the merrier! I say we should approach these requests with a 'why not' rather than a 'should'.

Maybe we could incorporate the boss health counter in Inuyasha's xsrb2 or whatever it's called?

I doubt that will be added, since SRB2 is meant to follow the classic Sonic formula. Adding a health bar would kinda defeat that purpose in a sense, since none of the classics had any health bars.

A better idea would be to include it as an option, but that's just me.

I doubt that will be added, since SRB2 is meant to follow the classic Sonic formula. Adding a health bar would kinda defeat that purpose in a sense, since none of the classics had any health bars.

A better idea would be to include it as an option, but that's just me.
True, just like it's an option to have milliseconds on your HUD timer.

And the rendering fixes that SSN said were poached, and Ezer asked about. I'm curious. Answer the question plox?

The problem is that if we wanted to surprise the player by adding a boss that takes more than 8 hits, like Sonic 2's final boss, we'd lose out on the surprise if you could see the opponent's health.

The problem is that if we wanted to surprise the player by adding a boss that takes more than 8 hits, like Sonic 2's final boss, we'd lose out on the surprise if you could see the opponent's health.
Or increase it with a hidden HP bar.

Different team colors other than blue and red. (lavender team woooot!) For the longest time I thought Vanilla SRB2 was some kind of different SRB2 thats why I did't even touch this thread until now. Isn't this the same thing as the suggestions thread though?

Isn't this the same thing as the suggestions thread though?
Just to make sure: This topic doesn't "work" like suggestions thread where you can suggest anything you want. This topic is like "suggest features that already exist in other EXE mods and you'd like to see them in the official/vanilla SRB2 EXE."

Last edited:
More colors, especially black.

that is all
I agree with this except the part about black. I like black as well, but I think dark colors wouldn't be added due to unfairness in match and such when in dark areas.

I agree with this except the part about black. I like black as well, but I think dark colors wouldn't be added due to unfairness in match and such when in dark areas.

That also applies to other colors that are still in the game, given the right enviroments.

That also applies to other colors that are still in the game, given the right enviroments.
shhh, don't tell mystic

(The whole reason it was removed was because of the match map Iron Warehouse, which doesn't exist anymore. Yet Green still has a great advantage in maps which use GFZFLR02, ie. about half of them)

Honestly, green doesn't have a huge advantage in such maps because almost all the time you're facing horizontally and the wall is a different color than the ground, so you're still perfectly visible.

The real problem is that a lot of our maps have similar wall colors as floor colors, especially any map that involves gray (such as maps with metal or CEZ textures) making it so that you blend in with both the floor and the wall. Black goes a step farther in that it blends in with the natural fog that software uses to make areas dark.

Just to make sure: This topic doesn't "work" like suggestions thread where you can suggest anything you want. This topic is like "suggest features that already exist in other EXE mods and you'd like to see them in the official/vanilla SRB2 EXE."

Ok I see. So is there an EXE mod that has different team colors because I would use it in a heartbeat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back