Is it possible to minimize the window of SRB2

Status
Not open for further replies.
In windowed mode? I don't think it is. Obviously, Alt-Tab will minimize the game in full screen, although it can be kinda weird and quirky about it sometimes.

Press the Windows key on the bottom left of your keyboard.

CTRL+ALT+DEL works too... but...
Edit: Ooo Alt+Tab.

The game would be possible to minimize regualarly if the menu had more advanced mouse support.

But yeah, Alt+Tab is the best way.

Alt+Tab seems to work for me, if not just press the windows key on the keyboard (assuming you use windows).

I think you guys might want to put this topic in the suggestions topic...

This game really does need a windowed mode...

I say this because sometimes it seems like, especially in the console, the game screen stretches past my monitor screen. Is this a resolution problem?

I thought asking here would be better than starting a new thread...

But it does need a windowed mode, I usually do multiple things on my computer anyway.

You guys should also clear up what these options are.
They are commands that you can add at the end of a shortcut.
Create a shortcut by right clicking on srb2's folder. It'll prompt for a file. Select srb2win.exe.
In the little prompt box you should see the path to srb2win.exe. After the path, type in -win and the other commands people have suggested and finish the shortcut creation wizard. You should have a shortcut the executes srb2 with the parameter -win, which will start srb2 in windowed mode.
You should learn quickly the difference between an ingame option and a command like that, because usually people don't delve into the topic deep enough.

You guys should also clear up what these options are.
They are commands that you can add at the end of a shortcut.
Create a shortcut by right clicking on srb2's folder. It'll prompt for a file. Select srb2win.exe.
In the little prompt box you should see the path to srb2win.exe. After the path, type in -win and the other commands people have suggested and finish the shortcut creation wizard. You should have a shortcut the executes srb2 with the parameter -win, which will start srb2 in windowed mode.
You should learn quickly the difference between an ingame option and a command like that, because usually people don't delve into the topic deep enough.

Thanks... I would have never figured that out on my own, I'm not very good with computers.

How will I know when people are talking about this type of command?

Edit: Also it didn't work for your instructions, it just makes a new folder.

Last edited:
Try making a batch file.
Or downloading a SRB2 Mod that needs one and change it to what you need.
I believe Eggmanway5 has some...but I dont remember well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back