Super SRB2 Kart Z =NOT EXACTLY CANCELED=

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new brick textures for the stands were a great addition.
I can't wait for you to get this out of IRC and into the mod by default to replace the shitty pipe speedway we have now.

Last edited:
I don't like how, at the moment, the Mario Kart banners used purely for Finish lines is now used all around that curve, looking quite out of place too. I'll try whipping up an SRB2 Kart banner for this purpose.

Wipe-Out sector: (Force Banana-Peel effect, for oil slicks and anything else)

Linedef Type 434, "Award Custom Power".

You'll need two executes tied to the same tag.

For one, ACP's X-length needs to be 57; this is the pw_ number for the spin-out.
Y-Length is how long to spin out for, default in-game banana length is 275.

Second one's ACP X-length needs to be 68, with a Y-Length of 3. This tells the thing to actually initiate the spin-out.

Also, be sure to set both execution linedefs to "Each Time", or else anyone hitting the wipe-out sector'll spin indefinitely within the sector.

(The Banana Peel sfx is automatic, so you don't need a Play-SFX executor)

EDIT: Next release version will fix the current problem wherein star and megashroom can still slip on a wipe-out sector.

Last edited:
Though, if you wanted to use that as an oil slick, there's a problem; oil slick works by turning while ON it. At least in Super Mario Kart. Driving over it in a straight line, IIRC, did nothing to you on oil slicks.

Though, if you wanted to use that as an oil slick, there's a problem; oil slick works by turning while ON it. At least in Super Mario Kart. Driving over it in a straight line, IIRC, did nothing to you on oil slicks.

If you wanted realism, banana peels "should" work that way as well. But they don't.

Aww yeah, now I don't have to play SRB2riders just for Kart Mode anymore

Water no longer slows you down. (Underwater themed kart levels are go!)
And with that, they're soon to be some Mario Kart 7 courses soon.

Since Custom Characters are now possible, I decided to drop the assets for kart making.

Pipe Frame Sprites

NewerPipeFrame.png

This is the current Pipe Frame sprite. While Iceman404 is making new ones, its his 7th revision of the things. It could take months for him to actually get around to finishing it, so for now, this Pipe Frame sheet is the standard.

Pipe Frame "Character" Wad (Currently using outdated wheels)

28TXD.png

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7986587/kc_PipeFrame.wad

Originally made as a joke wad, this wad can be very handy as a starting point for a character wad. The stats are completely neutral, so tweak as you wish. Though, if you want an example with an actual character in it, you can always use the new Sonic sprites.

For a guide on the details behind character creation, such as stats and sounds, check here:
http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/User:Monster_Iestyn/SRB2Kart/Character_WAD

Last edited:
...Wait, what happened to SRB2 2.1 then? =V

Just pointing this out.

Wow I didn't even mean to do that. Stupid 1.09.4-isms (also minecraft).

Also, I love the new kart sprites, but it'd be nice if they were tilted up slightly so they align with the floor.

Last edited:
I still say those kart frame wheels are poorly shaded to the point of looking like octagons.

Anyway; Update 12.01.28.

Geez, Boo Lake is downright sunshine and rainbows. You can hardly tell its dark, and the cheetos lighting from the ghosts is just ridiculous. Couldn't you take the Ghost Valley 1 colormap and use a yellow colormap for the boo lights?

I still say those kart frame wheels are poorly shaded to the point of looking like octagons.

In response, I made new wheels.

NewerPipeFrame.png

Please use these instead for now. I may make better animations later, but don't hold your breath.

EDIT: I updated Sonic to have the new wheels.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7986587/SonicNewPipeFrame.wad

It also fixes a bug where it was missing a frame.

Last edited:
So. Not only did you make the shell bigger when I purposely had the new sprites shrunk, but you stripped 3/4's of it's new frames and forgot the new icons. You also forgot the latest banana sprite (it has a leaf stem in the latest sheet I showed you) and ITS new icon.

Edit: You also didn't remove that SILLY palette code from vanilla where shells are just recolors. Make them their own sprites, the great colors from the sprites I made is practically ruined.

Last edited:
He didn't strip the frames; He didn't ADD them. I can't soc new frames in, the frames for shells are hardcoded. Only he can add all of them. ZarroTsu got real lazy with them. The Red Shell is also auto-recolored instead of properly hand-recolored, making it look like shit.

When can we expect these to be fixed, ZarroTsu?

Well, I had a pretty good netgame (despite 200-400 australian ping) just now and I got to spend some quality time with Z Kart, and I have a few questions/statements

1. what do the stats mean
2. Wouldn't it be better to either make Amy and Cream's fur change colour or make an entire character change colour (using the old starcolour endcolour code) when they have a star? That way it'd be easier to tell when other players are invincible.
3. Similarly, due to Software Mode's terrible depth perception, it'd be nice if mega mushrooms made you noticably bigger instead of just 2x
4. Lyrical Sonic R > karaoke versions
5. Do you think it's possible to make star and mega mushroom music not interrupt and restart the track music?
6. And finally, it'd be nice if there was an option to override the sped-up final lap song and substitute it for a completely different one.

Last edited:
1. what do the stats mean

To be honest, aside from the self-exlanitory Speed, I couldn't tell you. Handling and Recovery have quite a few odd extra effects not marked anywhere else. If the discarded Help screen would instead say what they do instead of some ugly clown picture, they're would be an easy way to convey this in-game.

3. Similarly, due to Software Mode's terrible depth perception, it'd be nice if mega mushrooms made you noticably bigger instead of just 2x

The problem with this is that Mega characters would also be faster and have bigger step-up, which may cause problems...

4. Lyrical Sonic R > karaoke versions

I was forced to do that. I wouldn't have been allowed to use the track otherwise.

...Tune 719, right? Try 718 instead.

2. Wouldn't it be better to either make Amy and Cream's fur change colour or make an entire character change colour (using the old starcolour endcolour code) when they have a star? That way it'd be easier to tell when other players are invincible.
5. Do you think it's possible to make star and mega mushroom music not interrupt and restart the track music?
6. And finally, it'd be nice if there was an option to override the sped-up final lap song and substitute it for a completely different one.

THESE PLEASE.

For 5, you can easily reduce track volume and just place star and megashroom SFX. make it so other players can hear it if they're close, too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back