SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Archived > SRB2 Forum Archives

Old 11-03-2007   #201
JEV3
There and back again~
Developer

I like that, and it could have similar effects to the spectators, except that the glaring checho message isn't there and they aren't invincible. It could last for a short while or disappear when shot.

EDIT @ On Edge : Not if it only hampered the visibility and didn't completely destroy it. Like with Spectators... (Ghost powerup <.<) Though I don't really know how it would work in a netgame. Its practicality can only be guessed at...

~The Greatest Adventure: Ballad of the Hobbit
Old 11-04-2007   #202
Armand
Armix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armand
Make translations of the game possible without using the wad system or modifying the source code... :)
I saw one month ago, that the story and all the menus were written into the exe. In fact, there are not many things to translate, but it can be useful to people who do not understand english well...

Instead of making "srb2win-en.exe", "srb2win-es.exe", "srb2win-fr.exe" etc... I think it should be easier to include these into a single exe.
Maybe not ?
Old 11-04-2007   #203
Kaysakado

You would have to use the WAD system or modify the source...
Old 11-04-2007   #204
SSNTails
What part of 'RETIRED' don't you understand?

1.1 makes it easier to do translations.

In fact, I had Sik start on some Spanish stuff.
Old 11-05-2007   #205
I'll Begin
💪🐑

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senku_the_swordshog
[color=red]OH YEAH COMPANION CUBE[/color]
The thing to the left of the orange Sonic.
About time someone put one of those in SRB2. ^_^
Old 11-08-2007   #206
Chaos Knux
Daww, a mother and her foal

Default New parameters for S-SKIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senku_the_swordshog
jumpheight max should be 200, obviously it'll probably get abused but it's still give more of a change to characters wads.

I don't know if I or anyone else has suggested this yet or not but.. abilityitem rather than just thokitem. That way your object spawns when you are using your ability. Maybe even a abilityitemtime = number in tics, and a abilititemnum = the number of times your object appears.

Thok - Spawns like it normally does unless abilityitemtime or abilityitemnum are edited.
Fly - Every abilityitemtime it'll spawn while in your flying frames, not tired.
Glide (Climb is uneffected)- See Fly
Double jump - works like Thok
SS Float - See Fly
Walker Hover - See Fly
Swim - See Fly
I have seen the use of these parameters and recommend they be implemented.

Discuss. Now. [size=0.0001]or not I don't care[/size]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derpy Hooves; Today, Tomorrow, and Forever
SUPER NARWHAL, MY MUFFIN!
Old 11-08-2007   #207
Sik

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSNTails
In fact, I had Sik start on some Spanish stuff.
And me waiting for you to tell me when to start! Argh! *starts working on* I just wanna warn you I don't plan to use the same length this time and that I plan to expand strings as needed, OK? So adapt SRB2 for that.

Source of my avatar: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/427405
Zen forums: http://zenforums.ipbfree.com
Old 11-12-2007   #208
Cheese
the Food

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRB2Wiki
1.1 will have polyobjects; Floor Over Floors that can move in any direction and rotate. SSNTails has bragged about how they are better than ZDoom's, and left hints about them possibly being used as mine carts. He also noted that OpenGL will be at a supreme disadvantage with the advent of this, as he's not bothering to code in OpenGL compatibility.
This probably isn't the place to put this, but I'm pretty sure I saw some posts about this in the suggestions, and this sort of does relate to SRB2 1.1 suggestions. But anyway...

If OpenGL doesn't totally work, wouldn't this make it so those of us who have a G3, G4, or G5 Mac not be able to run it on our Macs? I know a couple of people who don't have an Intel Mac/PC (or at least don't use Intel their Intel Mac a lot).
Old 11-13-2007   #209
SSNTails

Probably.

But by the time 1.1 comes out, you probably still won't be using that mac.
Old 11-13-2007   #210
Kaysakado

Maybe you could install Linux to be able to use OGL?
Old 11-20-2007   #211
JEV3
There and back again~
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSonic64
Add
Code:
noskip = 1
function to go in in the cutscene area so impatient players can't skip cutscenes.
If I was playing the level several times, (which should be encouraged), then I would probably have a right to be impatient unless it was an exceptional cutscene that I actually WANT to watch over again. Thats the reason why it would turn out annoying...

Also:

Quote:
... It would be to ditch some of the Sonic 2 Race things, which defeat the purpose of racing in the level if since only one actually has to do with racing.

It could be:

Score - *already implemented*
Time - *already implemented*
Best Starpost Time - Would record the best time from one starpost to another of a higher value...
Slowest Starpost Time - Same as before but with the longest...
Damage Taken - Lower values are better; grades like matches...

Or something like that, it would effectively place emphasis on racing but not just on getting a real good time.
I'd just like to bring this to surface, because last time it was buried by the INTSCREEN discussion.

Old 11-20-2007   #212
Kaysakado

K, what about in netgames, the host decides whether cutscenes are skippable using a console command? And if you have a cutscene in-game, the first time you see it, you can't skip it, unless the SKIPPABLE variable is set in the cutscene block.
Old 11-21-2007   #213
JEV3
There and back again~
Developer

D'oh, here we go again. -_-

I think that it would be a good idea to just give the players the option to see the cutscenes. I think one of the worst things about modern games is their tendency to force the story on the players. I don't want to be forced to sit through a story I can't stand to play a game I enjoy, I'd rather just go through the levels with emergency info so things make sense.

Old 11-21-2007   #214
SSNTails

That was pretty much the reason we dropped the between-zone cutscenes.
Old 12-10-2007   #215
Chaos Knux

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBMB
How about putting metalsonic.wad, metalknuckles.wad, and the tailsdoll-senku.wad into the game as unlockables by doing something with the character they are a robotic version of, like if sonic colllects all the <insert>, it unlocks metal sonic, and with knux metal knux, and tails doll for tails.
What was I thinking? Yes, we can do that. Let's use the coins from Sonic R!
Quote:
Old 12-14-2007   #216
JEV3
There and back again~
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senku Niola
In Xmas mode water FOFs should be turned into solid blocks with ice friction and the flats should change depending on what they are, if it's water it uses a normal ice one if lava or something else it uses another new flat or something.
I don't think that is really necessary as some levels would look worse with all liquid frozen over (not to mention impossible to go through). For example, Midnight Freeze Zone heavily depends on the water as a hazard, if you make it solid there goes the difficulty. (and if you want a Vanilla-SRB2 example then the corresponding circuit zone will do :p ) And imagine trying to go through Deep Sea Zone or Sunken Plant Zone with all the water blocks solid.

HOWEVER, I would like to see a more complete graphics replacement for Christmas. The fire theme textures may look kind of cool if set to a blue to contrast the lava (lava can't be changed because of the colormap) ala Lava Reef Zone 2. It also might be neat seeing a desert level replaced with snow. (Desolate Twilight with frosted walls and yellow sand would just look...)

However, I wouldn't change all the factory textures, the SA textures, or the DSZ textures for example because they look better when accompanied by wintry themes. CEZ grass textures also may look better if not FULLY converted... (ie: patchy snow)

I am actually trying some of these out myself, but it would be neat if there were plans to make the official Christmas secret more complete.

Old 01-05-2008   #217
CobaltBW
I do things sometimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesword221
I don't know if anybody said this yet but I think we should have a radar in match and ctf.
A thing-type radar seems practical. Due to the complexity of sector mappings, we really wouldn't be able to go much farther than radar that detects more than players and rings.

Check out my soundcloud profile for music stuff
Old 01-05-2008   #218
Mikesword221
The man with no plan.

Yay I'm a genius.I am so smart I am so smart smrt I mean smart.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arf
<Arf> Hiking is for pussies
<Arf> coding is the new REAL MEN job
Old 01-06-2008   #219
Jazz

A speech bubble sprite that appears over players heads while typing.

Invulnerability (but cannot shoot) until a player moves upon spawn in Match/CTF to prevent free kills at round start or on idlers.

And variables to turn both these things on and off. -_-
Old 01-06-2008   #220
Chaos Knux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz
A speech bubble sprite that appears over players heads while typing.

Invulnerability (but cannot shoot) until a player moves upon spawn in Match/CTF to prevent free kills at round start or on idlers.

And variables to turn both these things on and off. -_-
Don't forg-*hit by redring*-et to invicibler-*hit by railring*-izify people who are typing *hit by auto-infinity-rail-bomb-ring* messa-*hit by [color=red]W[/color][color=yellow]O[/color][color=blue]P[/color]*-ges. If ya catch my drift...*point-blank rail'd*
Quote: