• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

AmyR Remake WIP (Beta WAD Available!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Pepper

Since everybody(including me) was flooding the Blaze WAD topic talking about the AmyR remake I'm working on, I'm posting it's own topic, so that the discussion can continue from here.
EDIT: The WAD is finished now, download it here.
http://ssntails.sepwich.com/mb/viewtopic.php?p=259217#259217
Here are some screens of the Beta...
srb20012-4.png

srb20014-2.png

Special thanks goes to:
-nitro_the_hedgehog for making her look much better and changing the way she walks.
-zck2020 for making an excellent character select pic of Amy.
-Ground the Fox for making the tipping frames, and some of the spring up/falling down/gasping frames.
Have any critique or suggestions for the WAD? Then discuss it here.

You are a gifted sprite artist. That said, her shoes need to be pointier, She needs to be darker, and thats about all that needs to be changed. Awesome quality though.

I like the sprites you've done for Modern Amy so far, Dr Pepper, but just in case you think of doing Classic Amy as well, I'm working on that.

Anyway, I think there should be some sort of 'outline' for the pinkish areas, which could just be a very dark pink. If there already is one, maybe you could make it darker?

Monster Iestyn said:
I like the sprites you've done for Modern Amy so far, Dr Pepper, but just in case you think of doing Classic Amy as well, I'm working on that.

Anyway, I think there should be some sort of 'outline' for the pinkish areas, which could just be a very dark pink. If there already is one, maybe you could make it darker?
It could always be a mix of both?

Re: AmyR Remake WIP

Dr.Pepper said:
Since everybody(including me) has been flooding my Blaze WAD topic talking about the AmyR remake I'm working on, I'm posting it's own topic, so that the discussion can continue from here. I might have a Alpha WAD sometime soon, depending on how much extra time I get while working on the Cream WAD Blade and I are busy with.
Here are the current standing frames that I have finished.
AMY2A1-3.png
AMY2A2A8.png
AMY2A3A7-1.png
AMY2A4A6-1.png
AMY2A5-2.png

I already know that I'm going to give Amy a custom pink spin trail, like from SA2, instead a prefcolored spin trail.
Have any critique or suggestions for the WAD? Then discuss it here.
Make sure she has the double jump technique

Is it just me, or is the side frames hair thingy red? and does the back frames hair thingy have a red outline?

Monster Iestyn said:
Don't worry, Monster, I don't want to make a classic Amy, I saw your work on her in the SRB2 Riders topic, she looks cute, btw.
I made some more progress on the sprites. I like the changes you made nitro, so I merged them with my own changes. You can help me if you want to, it is your WAD I'm remaking anyway.
AMY2A1-4.png
AMY2A2A8-1.png
AMY2A3A7-2.png
AMY2A4A6-2.png
AMY2A5-3.png

Some progress on her walking frames. (Haven't added nitro's changes to her head and socks yet.)
AMY2D5.png
AMY2E5.png
AMY2F5.png
AMY2G5.png
AMY2H5.png
AMY2I5.png
AMY2J5.png
AMY2K5.png

I have figured out that if I keep the remake on a side project basis, rather than a secondary project, I can work on Amy and Cream without hindering the progress of either WAD.
spader555 said:
Make sure she has the double jump technique
On the contrary of that opinion, I want to make Amy thok and give her a jump height of 110. Although we can all take a vote on her ability in a poll.

I don't really mind what her ability is. Only Double Jump (Sonic Battle) and Thok (SA2, Heroes) really fit, though.

Why do you even want her to jump so high?

And also, what will her other stats be?

I'll Begin said:
I don't really mind what her ability is. Only Double Jump (Sonic Battle) and Thok (SA2, Heroes) really fit, though.

SA2's Thok is homing and can be multi. Example: Amy Hits Sonic with a homing attack and after that (while still in mid-air) does another Thok, it equals a homeing multithok, same goes for Hereos

Sonicboy The Hedgehog said:
I'll Begin said:

SA2's Thok is homing and can be multi. Example: Amy Hits Sonic with a homing attack and after that (while still in mid-air) does another Thok, it equals a homeing multithok, same goes for Hereos
That's not multithok, and SRB2 already does this for the Homing Attack anyway.

Mkay, well a while ago I edited my last post with some different changes to the image and judging by the imade posted by you, Dr.P, I think you're working with the old image. Click it again and see if you get some more changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back