• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Koopa Troopa character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting a custom koopa Troopa character however like most of my art, it is out of accuracy to the original design. No shading has been added because I can't do shading unless it has good accuracy first. So if anyone can tell me how to improve this sprite. I'll thank them for their help. And please refrain from using pejoratives when giving comments. I took hard care into this.

KOOPA1.jpg

A bit of shadoing would be nice, plus his face is quite fat, which makes the eyes smaller when they are now in next gen koopas slightly bigger. Other from that, nice start off.

Hmm, the shaping needs work. The eyes are too far apart from each other. Make them bigger and closer together. The beak also doesn't seem to have the right shape to it. The lines around the tummy of his shell are too flat, which means they lack depth. Perhaps you need to compare it to a few references.

I've made his eyes larger and more closer together. I also made the beak slightly wider than last time and I've nudged some of the fractions of the lines down a pixel

koopa_sprite.png

If the beak is still inaccurate just tell me. By the way the shoes and the hands arn't complete yet. Because I have a problem with the shoes facing slightly forward but at an angle. And the fingers are a bit complicated.

Funny, this morning I was thinking of making a Koopa Paratroopa wad.

Anyways this looks good can't wait for release.

Because this isn't one of those generic recolors you n00bs love so much.

This looks pretty good, I think the head should be somewhat smaller though..

Smaller? Smaller?! This is Mushroom Kingdom! The head is supposed to be large like that!

Also, the eyes are still not close enough, I think you need to connect the white areas of both eyes. There's too much flesh in between.

Why the hell do you think it needs a super form?

Not everything needs a super form.

Super forms are only interesting when they add to a character, not thrown in because it's cool. Seriously, if every character had a super form, it'd get real annoying, real fast. (Though, to be fair, most ones currently seem to. D:)

again.jpg

I'm not going to make a super form for Koopa Troopa. However I might make Paratroopa as well as the normal Koopa (Although Avi said he was going to make one himself).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back