SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Editing

Old 02-11-2017   #1
Ultimate
a scar in time...

Default Ultimate's SRB2 OST Remake (Boss Theme - Mechalomaniac)

A new track other than Green Flower has been completed, so I've decided to start a thread that's just related to SRB2 stuff in general. I'll be updating this thread instead of posting separate threads for each song. I don't necessarily plan on remaking the entire OST, but I still have a few more songs in mind.
Anyhow, here's my newest track! I hope you guys enjoy it, and please give me any feedback you have! Additionally, feel free to download any tracks and use them in your levels if you'd like. Just be sure to credit me somewhere, and let me know so I can try out your level!

Contents
  • OST Remake
  • Piano Collections

Ultimate's SRB2 OST Remake

01. Green Flower Act 1 Chiptune
-----------------------
This is an entirely new arrangement of Green Flower Zone. I always thought that GFZ Act 1 was a bit too slow, and didn't give me much of a Sonic vibe. I listened to it once, then tried my hand at recreating a version that hopefully sounds a little more like 'Sonic'.

01.5 Green Flower Zone - A New Hope (WIP)
-----------------------
This is yet another entirely new arrangement of Green Flower Zone! It's much more acoustic than the chiptune version. Gonna keep redoing it until I'm satisfied with it. Anyways, this one has no B melody in it, but if you guys want that section, I might add it back in (it's the minor middle section in green flower zone). Please enjoy! And please give any feedback you might have! Still working on the mix, and some of the notes are a bit rough.

02. Deep Sea Zone - Dancin' in the Deep
-----------------------
My take at Deep Sea Zone. It pretty much completely changes the mood of the song, but hopefully you guys still like it! At all times, I kept an element or motif from the original song going on in this version, which I think is pretty neat. Tried to keep it underwater sounding, had a bit of Labyrinth Zone in mind while making this. And of course, Aquatic Ruin. I'm thinking of making a more chiptune version of this as well, to match the Green Flower chiptune version.

03. Boss Theme - Mechalomaniac
-----------------------
This is a remake of the SRB2 Boss Theme. This doesn't necessarily sound all that much like "classic Sonic", which is what I originally planned. It kind of went its own way as I was working on it, and I just went with it. However, as with the other tracks, I've changed the tone of the track quite a bit. It's a bit more energetic. I tried to use all the melodic lines from the original, the bass, the falling motif, and the final raising motif. Enjoy!

Piano Collections

1. Memories ~ Teaser
-----------------------
This is one of the first SRB2 tracks I ever made. It's a very brief, yet sentimental medley consisting of only two songs - Green Flower Zone and Paternal Horn.

2. Techno Hill (WIP)
-----------------------
This is a Techno Hill piano arrangement, with bits of Chemical Plant, Hydrocity Zone, and Flying Battery thrown in. I think the arrangement is overall fairly decent, but the performance is subpar. It was mostly a spur of the moment thing. I plan on making a more refined performance in the future.
When a person reads, that person becomes a musician of literature, playing the piece upon the instrument of his or her own imagination, expressing it through the dynamics and articulation of emotion and experience.
http://youtube.com/philipawalker

Last edited by Ultimate; 02-20-2017 at 01:30 PM.
Ultimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017   #2
who-what-where-whale
who-what-where-whale

The deep sea zone music is groovin'! Keep up the good work!
Old 02-13-2017   #3
KaisoAri
Inactively lurking

Really digging the new Deep Sea Zone music. Definitely would be interested in a chiptune version of it if you happen to do one.
KaisoAri is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017   #4
Ice
Pretty chill guy

Haha the new Deep Sea Zone music makes me think strongly of SRB2's DSZ's four-note rising motif with Aquatic Ruin's chord progression. It sounds cool!
Old 02-15-2017   #5
Ultimate
a scar in time...

Thank you guys! DSZ Dancin' in the Deep is really the first digital song I've made that I feel pretty satisfied with! Glad you guys enjoy it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice View Post
Haha the new Deep Sea Zone music makes me think strongly of SRB2's DSZ's four-note rising motif with Aquatic Ruin's chord progression. It sounds cool!
Bingo! That's dead on. The A section stuck pretty much to DSZ's original chord progression, until the prechorus. Circle of fifths has always been my favorite chord progression, and that is exactly what Aquatic Ruin's progression is! In other words the chorus is exactly that - Aquatic Ruin's chorus/circle of fifths! The B' section pretty much takes that CoF progression, substitutes a few chords, and turns it into a minor variation.

On a different note, I have updated the main post to include the Piano Collections I've been working on.
When a person reads, that person becomes a musician of literature, playing the piece upon the instrument of his or her own imagination, expressing it through the dynamics and articulation of emotion and experience.

Last edited by Ultimate; 02-15-2017 at 07:17 AM.
Old 02-19-2017   #6
Ultimate
a scar in time...

Finished a new track! This time it's:

03. Boss Theme - Mechalomaniac
-------------------------------
This is a remake of the SRB2 Boss Theme. This doesn't necessarily sound all that "classic Sonic-ee", however, as with the other tracks, I've changed the tone of the track quite a bit. It's a bit more energetic. I tried to use all the melodic lines from the original, the bass, the falling motif, and the final raising motif. Enjoy!