SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Archived > Outdated Releases (2.0.X) > Miscellaneous (2.0.X)

Sonic Palette Blast 64 - A Showcase & Resource Pack! [Palette] Details »»
Sonic Palette Blast 64 - A Showcase & Resource Pack! [Palette]
Version: Release 1, by D00D64 (A "rather brash" indivisual) D00D64 is offline
Developer Last Online: Feb 2017

Version: SRB2 Rating:
Released: 02-03-2014 Last Update: Never Installs: 0
SOCs Re-Useable Content Sprites/Graphics

After making my GameBoy palette, I found myself messing with palettes a lot more. I was planning of releasing them all in one big Zip to use as a resource pack of different palettes. But then I started messing with palettes more, and then decided to make a palette for every level in Single Player!

Sonic Palette Blast 64 is both a zip of palette resources, and a showcase wad of them all! There's quite a lot of them, but each level tells you which palette it's using, so its easy to look up something if you want it. Even if you aren't using the palettes for a specific project, you can still load it up and play the whole game with it, or even use them with other mods!

So whether you want a different look for your maps or want to see how others change with different colors, give it a go! You're bound to find something ya' like!

The full set contains:
  • Sonic Palette Blast 64 - This is the showcase wad. The maps themselves are unchanged, and admittingly, not every palette is a winner, but this is an easy way to see them all! All the Single Player stages (Greenflower to Egg Rock) and Special Stages are palette swapped!
  • Pal-Per-Wad Package - Contains every palette as an individual wad for each one! Use them as you please, no permission required! May also contain one or more extra palettes that go unused or replaced later on.
  • New New Monitors - Since the palettes are gonna mess with the shield monitors, the 2.1 monitors are packed into this wad for you! They don't require color to figure out what they are! Shields remain unchanged however, so you have to remember those, sadly. This wad isn't necessary, but highly recommended.
oh hey 2000th post

Download Now

File Type: zip SPRB64-SpRelease-v1.zip (29.8 KB, 247 views)
File Type: zip SPRB64-PalPerWad-v1.zip (331.4 KB, 260 views)
File Type: zip NeoNewMonitors.zip (14.5 KB, 187 views)

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20160.png
Views:	482
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	3674   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20159.png
Views:	434
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	3675   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20165.png
Views:	467
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	3676   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20167.png
Views:	438
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	3677  

Show Your Support

• The author of this addon has given explicit permission for its content to be re-used and/or reproduced.

Comments
Old 02-06-2014   #2
Whackjood
The unreliable joodge
Judge

Well this is certainly something new and interesting. I can't remember seeing any wads that took full advantage of the editadable colour palette before, so with any luck aspiring level makers will have some use for these.

I know at the very least I got a few ideas from playing around with these palettes.

Some palettes are clearly better than others, but even the worst work nicely as a demonstration so I'm okay with that.

And sorry this has been sat in releases for 3 days untouched, I've been busy lately and haven't read the forums properly for a few weeks. REGARDLESS, welcome to releases~
Battlenet tag: Whackjood#2732
fake!fake!
Old 02-08-2014   #3
Larztard
Yeah...

I'm glad to finally see this on the MB now. By the way, is it possible to add more colors to the SRB2 palette or no?
Old 02-08-2014   #4
Monster Iestyn
Friendly Neighbour-Hood

...no, it's not possible to add more colors the way SRB2's palette works. You can replace any of the 256 colors within the palette already, but you can't add any more to it.
Old 04-26-2014   #5
Maximus Universal
Uhh

Will this work with srb2 2.1?
Old 04-26-2014   #6
D00D64
A "rather brash" indivisual

Maybe if you don't use NeoNewMonitors, it'll be fine.
Quote:
<SpiritCrusher> But I wouldn't say "dead Jew child" is incorrect
<SpiritCrusher> Nobody would doubt that it's a dead Jew child