SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > SRB2.org > News

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2013   #21
Rob
Administrator

If you're a shitty level designer, sure, that could happen. But in reality, no, it wouldn't.

The area the camera object resides is completely segregated from the rest of the map. You'll never go into that area.
Old 03-05-2013   #22
ŠeltaResero
A.K.A DeltaLink

It's great to see some progress is still being made. It'll be interesting to see how the changes will alter the contest maps for 2.1. As long as there is still internal activity, I'm not really concerned about how long it takes, but I remain hopeful that the net code issues finally get resolved this year. Also, I'm looking forward to eventually testing the net code on Big Endian systems. Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how 2.1 will compare to 2.06 in terms of CPU usage?

Last edited by ŠeltaResero; 03-05-2013 at 06:17 PM.
Old 03-05-2013   #23
TSDude
Lack of tea

Will dark city zone be in this? (or is that a secret...)
Old 03-05-2013   #24
ŠeltaResero
A.K.A DeltaLink

According to the SRB2 Wiki here: "http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Version_2.1" and here: "http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/In_Development", that would be no. It may or may not make it into a later version of SRB2, but it's definitely not going to make it into the upcoming version 2.1.

Last edited by ŠeltaResero; 03-05-2013 at 06:32 PM.
Old 03-05-2013   #25
Boinciel
ヒトデパンと奇妙なジャム
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
The area the camera object resides is completely segregated from the rest of the map. You'll never go into that area.
Correction: it's supposed to be segregated from the rest of the map. You can still noclip into the skybox and see Sonic standing in the skybox from the skybox. You can still make a level that traverses through the skybox area. You can make what you see in the skybox be part of the level. I'm waiting on you guys for crazy skybox shenanigans.

hubjim
Old 03-05-2013   #26
Rob
Administrator

Well, yeah, that's a given, but there aren't a lot of situations where you'd ever want that to happen, normally.
Old 03-05-2013   #27
Boinciel
ヒトデパンと奇妙なジャム
Developer

A level that toggles flipcam 1 to create a cool semi-mirrored floor? A funhouse? Anything that's supposed to mess with the player's expectations, really.

hubjim
Old 03-05-2013   #28
kyllian1212
idk

In the 1st screenshot, there is Sonic and Tails,was that bots?
[22:44] <Mystic> actually, Deep Sea is filled with the tears of kids banned from the forums

Last edited by kyllian1212; 03-05-2013 at 09:32 PM.
Old 03-06-2013   #29
Unknownlight

YES! Looking good! I've been looking forward to this for too long.
Do you have a rough release date yet? Within the year, maybe?
Old 03-06-2013   #30
JTE
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boinciel View Post
A level that toggles flipcam 1 to create a cool semi-mirrored floor?
I don't see how that could work. flipcam only takes effect when you are standing in reverse gravity, such that leaving flipcam on will make it always look like you're facing upright, as if your character and camera haven't even moved or changed direction when the entire level flips over around you. In other words, you never even realize you start ERZ2 on the ceiling...
Old 03-06-2013   #31
Miyosaki
has no wad making skills.

Wow, All the new stuff is looking great! At this point I'm willing to wait as long as it takes, perhaps even more. I really have nothing else to say other then to take as much time as you need on this.
This is what makes your day when your sick
Old 03-06-2013   #32
speed2411
*Speed-Roid*

Amazing, just amazing. You guys are
Doing a fantastic job. The special stages impressed me, those shield graphics are just wow, the sky block blows my mind, the only thing i have to say is why reprogram the slime?

Spoiler:
Clearly, I controlled your mind to make you open this spoiler box. You cant resist my power!! I shall control your mind. ^_^
Old 03-06-2013   #33
Rob
Administrator

It wasn't reprogrammed. Old slime functionality is still there.

Trust me when I say that this makes THZ very, VERY awesome. Historically, I always hated THZ because it felt like an extension of GFZ, except with pain water. It was incredibly dull and I accepted it as something I had to play through to get to the other levels. I actually enjoy new THZ and it's an absolutely amazing difference. It feels like its own unique level now and it's awesome.
Old 03-06-2013   #34
Alex2608

All I can say is this is a great update. I got to admit that with the screenshots of Techno Hill Zone 1, it looks better than ever and definitely doesn't look like a Green Flower Zone 4 anymore. The new slime looks interesting and the shield graphics looks great.

Keep up the good work and hope the net code will be fixed soon
Old 03-06-2013   #35
MascaraSnake
aka SpiritCrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownlight View Post
Do you have a rough release date yet? Within the year, maybe?
First thing you need to know about this game: There is never a release date, it comes out when everything is finished.
Old 03-06-2013   #36
I'll Begin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Nope.

It's actually much simpler than that.

It's a secondary camera object that renders what it sees in F_SKY1. The skybox is actually contained within a whole sectioned-off part of the map.
That's what I thought. Isn't that how they're done in CB too?
Old 03-06-2013   #37
MascaraSnake
aka SpiritCrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'll Begin View Post
That's what I thought. Isn't that how they're done in CB too?
I don't know for sure, but I assume so, because that's the only practical and sensible way to do it.
Old 03-06-2013   #38
Whackjood
The unreliable joodge
Judge

Colour me impressed, you've managed to do the impossible and make Techno Hill Zone look fun. Definitely looking forward to playing that!

Also looking forward to playing that new Hydrocity Zone. I guess SRB2&K did some good in the end after all ;)
Battlenet tag: Whackjood#2732
fake!fake!

Last edited by Whackjood; 03-06-2013 at 01:46 PM.
Old 03-06-2013   #39
Boinciel
ヒトデパンと奇妙なジャム
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTE View Post
I don't see how that could work. flipcam only takes effect when you are standing in reverse gravity, such that leaving flipcam on will make it always look like you're facing upright, as if your character and camera haven't even moved or changed direction when the entire level flips over around you. In other words, you never even realize you start ERZ2 on the ceiling...
I'm clearly making an excuse for you to program a bunch of new useless features! :D

hubjim
Old 03-06-2013   #40
Tsunami Hurricane

I know it may be a lot of work but could you be able to make it so there are multiple md2s and md2s for menus and character specific items?