SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > SRB2.org > News

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2013   #241
gregory_house
ʇxǝʇ pǝddᴉlɟ ɹɐoɯ ɥʇᴉʍ ʍou

Quote:
The netcode is 'fixed' in the sense that it is working about as effectively as it does in 2.0.6.
While I agree that this is probably good enough for a release (I'd certainly download and play it myself), 'as effectively as it does in 2.0.6' is far from being 'fixed'.
I'd say 'playable without too many problems' instead.
Old 05-20-2013   #242
speed2411
*Speed-Roid*

As long as it is playable, then I'm happy. :D

Spoiler:
Clearly, I controlled your mind to make you open this spoiler box. You cant resist my power!! I shall control your mind. ^_^
Old 05-21-2013   #243
Zwataketa
Plays with a keyboard

So we might have to wait two years for 2.1 to come out? (I read one of the posts in this topic and it said that.) Sorry if this is a stupid question that hasn't been answered, but I seriously don't know.

Also, even if it requires some minor edits, will wads from 2.06 work? And will we be able to update them a bit more (like with second abilities by pressing spin in air or etc.?)
Old 05-21-2013   #244
Monster Iestyn
Friendly Neighbour-Hood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Do not take anything anyone says as fact unless they are staff. There is absolutely 0 confirmation on the game getting released this year.
And also, same goes for the game getting released in 1 year, 2 years, 10 years, 1500 years, or whatever random dates people are coming up with now. There is 0 confirmation for any release time whatsoever.
Old 05-21-2013   #245
speed2411
*Speed-Roid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Iestyn View Post
And also, same goes for the game getting released in 1 year, 2 years, 10 years, 1500 years, or whatever random dates people are coming up with now. There is 0 confirmation for any release time whatsoever.
But there WILL be a 2.1? Right?

Spoiler:
Clearly, I controlled your mind to make you open this spoiler box. You cant resist my power!! I shall control your mind. ^_^
Old 05-21-2013   #246
Monster Iestyn
Friendly Neighbour-Hood

...uh, yes, there will be. I'm just saying even the devs don't know when it'll be released.
Old 05-21-2013   #247
kyllian1212
idk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Iestyn View Post
1500 years
But we'll be dead alerady in 1500 years...

yes this is an horrible not funny joke
[22:44] <Mystic> actually, Deep Sea is filled with the tears of kids banned from the forums

Last edited by kyllian1212; 05-21-2013 at 07:58 PM.
Old 05-21-2013   #248
TSDude
Lack of tea

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed2411 View Post
But there WILL be a 2.1? Right?
That's a bit of a weird question if they are showing you 2.1 previews in this topic. So, yeah.
Old 05-21-2013   #249
Larztard
Yeah...

This thread is going nowhere with the same questions being asked over and over again...
Old 05-21-2013   #250
speed2411
*Speed-Roid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSDude View Post
That's a bit of a weird question if they are showing you 2.1 previews in this topic. So, yeah.
I meant "are they going to continue, as in is it conformed?" Are they going to stop process all together if the CAN'T continue?

Spoiler:
Old 05-22-2013   #251
Blazing Inferno

Even if SRB2 was discontinued, I'd assume that the latest build would be released to the public in case someone else wanted to continue it.

Personally, I think that we shouldn't "get our hopes up" for 2.1 until a release date is confirmed.
<Vivid Sniper> oh snap
<~Nina> LOL
Old 05-22-2013   #252
Larztard
Yeah...

Quote:
I meant "are they going to continue, as in is it conformed?" Are they going to stop process all together if the CAN'T continue?
Yes, why wouldn't they continue? If they encounter a problem that is unfixable, they will probably find a way around that problem. Plus, the SRB2 Developers are not quitters. They will stop working on SRB2 once SRB2 is completely finished.

Final answer, yes. They are going to continue. Also, 2.1 will come out once they feel like it's ready for a release. You will just have to be patient like everyone else.
Old 05-22-2013   #253
speed2411
*Speed-Roid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by larztard View Post
Yes, why wouldn't they continue? If they encounter a problem that is unfixable, they will probably find a way around that problem. Plus, the SRB2 Developers are not quitters. They will stop working on SRB2 once SRB2 is completely finished.

Final answer, yes. They are going to continue. Also, 2.1 will come out once they feel like it's ready for a release. You will just have to be patient like everyone else.
I have been on Srb2 since version 1.0.8... I think I am patient. :D
As long as Srb2 does not die, I am happy. 2.1 will need to be PERFECT! I doubt they will let me down.

Spoiler:
Old 05-22-2013   #254
Unknownlight

Quote:
2.1 will need to be PERFECT!

No offense, but thinking like that is just going to get you disappointed.
Old 05-22-2013   #255
Iceman404
Tyler52 Forever

You know, if the thread seems to be dying you're not required to keep it alive with the same questions asked a billion times before hand. This is likely an indicator that there's nothing else really worth discussing, its already ran circles around itself multiple times.
Old 05-22-2013   #256
Jayoshi
Younger than SRB2

I think that this should be closed as well.

All my reasons why are already stated. This is becoming too circular.
Old 05-22-2013   #257
TSDude
Lack of tea

Yep, this should be closed as the questions are starting to be repeated, and I fell into the trap of questioning something that was questioned before.
Old 05-22-2013   #258
MascaraSnake
aka SpiritCrusher

Here's a tip: If a thread is becoming circular and repetitive, don't prolong it even further by stating how circular and repetitive it has become. Let it die its natural death, and then maybe somebody who has a question that hasn't been asked before can still use this thread. Since that's clearly not happening here, I'm gonna go ahead and lock it.

To reiterate: Yes, 2.1 will be released. No, there is no release date yet. Nothing has changed on that front, and nothing will change until the devs decide that it's ready to be released. You'd think people would know this after almost four years of waiting for 2.1. If you want reliable information about 2.1, read this article and ignore anything else that people tell you (unless they're devs).
Closed Thread