Small 2.1 Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
A week ago:

Interestingly the icon shields are going a là S3&K icons: what I see is what it has/does. If whirlwind shield monitor has a whirlwind icon, then I could guess:
- Attraction shield => magnet icon;
- Armageddon shield => bomb or nuke icon
- Force shield => a shield? meh...
- Elemental shield => a slime/chemical bubble

If not going so, I leave it as suggestion.

Now:

<-- click on meeee for more info

Bingo!!!

EDIT:

Although, the elemental icon looks like the... Earth. :/

Last edited:
Urgh, if there's gonna be a new GFZ texture, will that mean a new PNAMES? I'm not looking forward to converting Tortured Planet...

PNAMES and TEXTURE lumps are not necessary anymore, actually. You're going to need to do some updates regardless, but they're the kind of updates that you won't have to keep doing every update we make.

How would you make textures using multiple patches in the new system? Is there even any need for patches now?

Also while we are at it, can there be some way of having the animated lump be in the IWAD instead of the code so that it can be easier to add more animated stuff?

There is no need for patches anymore. We haven't finished with the new implementation of the ANIMATED lump, so I can't answer that question yet.

Wait, so the 1-up monitors are no longer representing the character's faces? *sadface*

Nothing's changed here, you know. Characters still have their own 1up monitor sprites. I just didn't bother hunting around for them when assembling the image.

How come the speed shoe has a shoe buckle on it. SRB2's sonic doesn't have it. (at least, doesn't show it on the sprites.) It just feels like it shouldn't be there...
As well as the white bottom thing... It should be all red. (in my opinion)

Last edited:
I smell somebody who's afraid of change. Better monitor sprites are something else than a change in eye color.
I never said I didn't want the sprites to change. In fact, I think the old sprites needed a little revamp. I just don't like how they stray away from the S3&K style.

Uh, SRB2's old monitors were based off of Sonic 2, not Sonic3K.

Also, these monitors are based off of the ones in Knuckles' Chaotix, so they are still kinda old school.

I kind of agree with SpeedGod, actually. The monitors look nifty, but totally out of place for the SRB2 drawing style. They look like the sort of thing that you'd find in GraphicX8000.wad...very neat, but more of an alternative to the normal look.

OH AND PLZ BRING BACK THE SILVER RING BOX! *stabbed*

PNAMES and TEXTURE lumps are not necessary anymore, actually. You're going to need to do some updates regardless, but they're the kind of updates that you won't have to keep doing every update we make.
And what kinds of updates would these be, exactly?

Last edited:
What I mean is that every time we change the game you won't need to go in and change your PNAMES anymore.

How come the speed shoe has a shoe buckle on it. SRB2's sonic doesn't have it. (at least, doesn't show it on the sprites.) It just feels like it shouldn't be there...
As well as the white bottom thing... It should be all red. (in my opinion)
Sonic isn't the only character in the game. Knuckles and Tails, yeah they are without the buckle, but it could be for other characters. Besides, its just a sprite. Not much to worry about.

---------- Post added at 06:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 AM ----------

Uh, SRB2's old monitors were based off of Sonic 2, not Sonic3K.

Also, these monitors are based off of the ones in Knuckles' Chaotix, so they are still kinda old school.
This is the same kind of thing, moving from new versions/games. Most likely remakes, then changing the sprites. Yes, it would make more sense if this was done in the demo, demonstration, SRB2 1.09.4's monitor sprites into STH2, then 2.0.X to STH3. But, its just a new thing. Just like moving from STH2 to STH3. It makes a LOT more sense.

I sort of agree that the monitors don't fit with the srb2 style. I think this might have to do partially with the type of shading it uses. I think it would benefit from SSNTails type of shading or style.

I don't know if I like the colored squares around the icon either, though I can see how they would help identify the boxes from farther away.

Yeah, maybe the sprites in the monitor (like the shoes and stuff) Look pretty old and sacred, maybe need to get fixed, but they're still cool to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back