SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Off-Topic > Video Games

Old 01-07-2010   #41
Piggybank

First played: Sonic 3D Blast (PC)
First owned: Sonic Advance

Due to how mediocre 3D Blast was (to me, anyway) Sonic never took off in my life when I was around that young age, especially with me being a big fan of Nintendo at the time. It was only till a few years later did I finally get hooked to the series when my cousins allowed me to borrow their barely-touched copy of Sonic Advance.

Good thing they never ended up caring for the game that much, because it's been many a year and I still have yet to return it. :)
Piggybank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010   #42
sonicfreak94

The first Sonic game I ever played... It was either Sonic 2, Sonic and Knuckles, or both at the same time. >.>

First owned game was the above =P
sonicfreak94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010   #43
Simsmagic
i am a wizard

First played was Sonic 2 I think at a friend's house. I was addicted to that and Sonic 3, though I wasn't too into 1 at the time. First owned was probably Sonic CD for the PC, and I never was able to get past the Collision Chaos Boss back then.
Simsmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010   #44
Kaysakado

One of these: http://info.sonicretro.org/Sonic_Action_4_Pack

Can't remember which =(
Old 01-07-2010   #45
Scizor300
footure semen

Sonic Adventure DX...

Jesus Christ, this is generic for the people of my age.

<+Scizor300> i got kicked from #srb2fun from enraging rob with terrible christmas songs
<+Scizor300> my life is complete
sciz 4 stjr: i'm gonna make america cool again
Scizor300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010   #46
ZDGamma

I say this a little of topically but i noticed something:
A lot of people discovered sonic games via Sonic 2 Genesis/GG.
ZDGamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010   #47
:SonicMaster:
<0>_<0>

Sonic Spinball. I still haven't beaten the game yet, because I put it down so many years ago. The Sega Genesis, which is 15 years old, still works (after my father serviced it, lol), and the cartridge (which happened to be my very first video game, therefore also being 15 years old) works, too.

Last edited by :SonicMaster:; 01-08-2010 at 12:08 AM.
:SonicMaster: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010   #48
Jacy
What a crafty miner...

The first Sonic game I played was Sonic 1 for the genesis. I beat the game when the rest of my family couldn't get past the 2nd boss.
Old 01-08-2010   #49
Senku Niola
Drifting Golden Swordsman

First PLAYED Sonic game I believe was Sonic 2 over one of my VERY old and not seen in years friend's house.

First owned was some cartridge for Genesis that has Sonic 1 and 2, Mean Bean Machine, some bike game, and I don't remember if there was any other games.
Senku Niola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010   #50
Bobinator
My thoughts on your posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chao Freak 1 View Post
Mine was this. :3
Woah, I actually had that, too! I think I got it from Wal-Mart, it must have not been as rare as I thought. I also remember this one Sonic bedsheet I got from Big Lots, once. Classic Sonic and everything. I'm pretty sure this was post-Adventure, too, which is curious.

Anyway, my first Sonic game was the PC port of CD. I remember it was on my 6th or 7th birthday, at Pizza Hut. I also recall I ate too much I threw up.

I remember more things about my childhood than I really should.
Angle up and leave the ground!
Also, check out The 90's Time Machine!
Bobinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010   #51
MascaraSnake
aka SpiritCrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawfulfan View Post
Believe it or not, SRB2! I've always been more of a Mario guy myself, but since SRB2 I've gotten into Sonic a lot.
Exactly this.
MascaraSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010   #52
Flame
"It's ok, I like you too!"

Either Sonic CD (PC) was my first or Sonic 2 on the genesis was. It's hard to date back since both games had interested me into the SEGA series when I was in elementary school. I had to always love getting a chance to play Sonic CD during my free time nonetheless.
 '---" -(_ /._)--'(_\_)

Last edited by Flame; 01-09-2010 at 08:08 PM.
Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010   #53
Miyosaki
has no wad making skills.

My first one was Sonic the hedgehog for the genesis, after that I've been a sonic fan, I still have the case in my room =D
This is what makes your day when your sick
Miyosaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010   #54
Razer112

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. I remember my dad trying to beat that Darn Security hall level in under 5 minutes. I also remember my frustration trying to beat King boom boo, and on the level select, confusing The Ark with Mission street just because of the cutscene. (That was when I couldn't even read.)

Although my dad Borrowed his friend's gamecube when this happened, so my First Sonic game to OWN was SADX.
The main part I remember the NiGHTS pinball which amazed me when I first saw it. It was awesome, I used to remember me and my sister debating over NiGHTS' gender, and here's how I thought the Cards were like:
NiGHTS: The Hero
Reala: The evil counterpart
Claris: NiGHTS' friend
Elliot: NiGHTS' other friend. (I used to think he was a girl!)
Nightopian: Same thing as a chao.
Wizeman: Some Evil King.
Puffy: Wizeman's Queen.
Gillwing: Wizeman's Pet.

I don't really have any other memories besides NiGHTS pinball.
Razer112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010   #55
Inferno

My first Sonic game ever was Sonic the hedgehog 3. Not 2 or 1, 3. And its my personal favorite game ever from sonic. My second game was Sonic Battles for GBA.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010   #56
Wombatwarlord777
"...What?"

My first was Sonic 2. But the game that caused me to get excited about the series was Sonic 3.
Wombatwarlord777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010   #57
Virt
Trollerskates

Mine was a little McDonald's Happy Meal of Tails. He moves up and down and grabs rings. When I got it I was like, "Who the heck is that? What's he grabbing; Onion Rings?!" I was close, heh heh.
Old 01-25-2010   #58
JEV3
There and back again~
Developer

I forgot about the bath bubbler, I had that too! (YES! I know I'm the sixth person to say that...)

Okay, before I get into this, let me just say that unless you want to count educational games like Busytown and the like, my first GAME was Sonic 3. It was the pack-in and my parents bought Marsupalami, and my attention went straight to the awesome cover art of Sonic 3. The rest.... is history!

So..

First game - Sonic 3 (see above)

First game beat - Sonic and Knuckles (my parents had to call in to figure out Carnival Night Zone... I beat the game without ever knowing that the above-ground area was more than a boss, I can't tell you how excited I was to find out otherwise as Sonic)

Most Wins - Sonic 3 and Knuckles (at times, I'd pick it up in the morning and have it beat by the afternoon... because any time we played Sonic 3 vanilla the saved games were lost, I had to do this often.)

~The Greatest Adventure: Ballad of the Hobbit
JEV3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016   #59
ManimiFire
Meow Motherfuckers.

Mine was Sonic 3D Blast if I remember right...
Old 10-08-2016   #60
chase

First game I played was the original Sonic 1 on a genesis. The babysitter I was dropped off at when I was really young had one with that and Gunstar Heroes I believe.
chase is offline   Reply With Quote