SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > SRB2 Discussion

Old 04-15-2015   #4781
Mystic
チェン!
Administrator

There has never been any serious discussion about slopes in vanilla at any point. Dunno where you got that idea.

tl;dr: No.
Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015   #4782
Zwip-Zwap Zapony
Please just call me Zappy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
Dunno where you got that idea.
He got the idea from FuryHunter working on making vanilla Sonic Robo Blast 2 use (a greatly optimized) OpenGL as the default renderer, and Sonic Robo Blast 2 Community Build has OpenGL as the default renderer, with slope support (both rendering, collision, and speed/jump/spin manipulation depending on angle), so FuryHunter has been asked if slopes was to be a supported feature, although I don't remember if FuryHunter has answered that.

TL;DR: There has been one or two questions about including slopes in vanilla in the recent time. (But no serious discussions.)
Zwip-Zwap Zapony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015   #4783
Trolo Bobo
Get "N" or get out!

I don't know if it was suggested before, but can you make the " Total Play Time" counter add your time spent with wads too? I know it's something really minor, but it would be nice to see it.
Old 04-15-2015   #4784
toaster
トースタちゃん
Developer

Furyhunter was actually actively interested in slopes in the software renderer. That lasted two weeks and he is now a broken man.

(granted, the opengl renderer isn't any better but at least he can outright replace that)
<MonsterIestyn> watch porm to keep warm
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015   #4785
Prisima the Fox
*inaudible crawling noises*

A LUA hook that would allow the game to send and recieve http requests, for use with online databases and leaderboards.
Old 04-17-2015   #4786
SmashBro30
Former Player

Another suggestion: You can control NPCs wihout controlling your character. (CONNPC)
Old 04-17-2015   #4787
Mystic
チェン!
Administrator

Okay, I don't understand what the hell you're even talking about here. We don't have any NPCs except Tails following Sonic, and you CAN control him without controlling your character using the player 2 controls.
Old 04-17-2015   #4788
Sapheros
That guy that ports

I think he means playing as different characters like LOZ Four Swords and others, which would include making more bots (something no one can code)
Old 04-18-2015   #4789
VirtualBlitz546
The infractions whore ;)

I love how I got temp banned for just a comment.

I HIGHLY suggest that Mystic and Rob quit their jobs and be normal users like everyone else... For real...

Edit: And yes, I dared post this crap on Suggestions.

(VirtualBlitz546 received an infraction for this post: Act like a mature adult. Use some common sense when posting.)

Last edited by VirtualBlitz546; 04-18-2015 at 06:32 PM.
VirtualBlitz546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015   #4790
Shadon
Just kind of an asshole

I suggest you calm down before making your posts brah

Anyway, I asked in the other topic but I don't know if it was answered, if we're moving strictly to openGL at some point, won't that require some overhaul of the .gif making system? If I remember correctly, I thought it was only functional in software mode?
Shadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015   #4791
TOGM95
What am I again?

Could you add D3D support w/ MD2 as well? Don't know much to say, I'm not that "ideal" guy.
Really, D3D runs very good on these games and having OpenGL as the only one to use MD2, I would like you to add D3D with the properties of OpenGL.

And remember:

IT'S ME. (or IT'S HIM whatev.)
TOGM95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015   #4792
RedEnchilada
happy, pretty, lovely!
Developer

OpenGL's performance problems are the result of a poorly coded backend making it very CPU-bottlenecked, not of OGL itself's performance. Adding D3D support would be extra work for something that only benefits one OS. Just wait for the OGL revamp to be finished and it'll run much better.
Old 04-20-2015   #4793
Sapheros
That guy that ports

Is there a way for opengl to support older Graphics cards? I have an Intel family chip set G33, and the fastest I can play in opengl 640x800 is around 25 fps and lower.
Old 04-20-2015   #4794
Furyhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duon the Adventurer View Post
Is there a way for opengl to support older Graphics cards? I have an Intel family chip set G33, and the fastest I can play in opengl 640x800 is around 25 fps and lower.
Are you using MD2s? MD2s are a massive, enormous CPU performance bottleneck because of the way the renderer is implemented right now, and has nothing to do with the speed of the GPU.
Furyhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015   #4795
Sapheros
That guy that ports

Well, that is pretty much the case, I mean I can run software like golden. But I love to use md2s sometimes when playing srb2, but sometimes levels like CEZ2 lag the game to hell, even with the models off, probably due to the level's size.
Old 04-20-2015   #4796
EternallyAries
That Aries Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duon the Adventurer View Post
Well, that is pretty much the case, I mean I can run software like golden. But I love to use md2s sometimes when playing srb2, but sometimes levels like CEZ2 lag the game to hell, even with the models off, probably due to the level's size.
I don't know if it's your graphic card entirely. (Even though it is a integrated Intel Family graphic card) Have you tried closing down all your background processors then try running SRB2 in openGL? Sometimes that will do the trick for old computers.

You might wanna upgrade your computer or get a new laptop if your using one. (Most likely you are) Because from what I checked, that card is from 2007.
Old 04-21-2015   #4797
Mystic
チェン!
Administrator

Suggesting such things while he's using MD2s is like worrying about the aerodynamics of a cardboard boat. Sure, it might make tiny, undetectable difference somewhere, but considering how much MORE of a difference MD2s are going to make on his performance, it's rather pointless.
Old 04-23-2015   #4798
glaber
Emblem Radar Ready

If possible in the SDL build, Music fade control or music volume control via console commands or other method.

This way you could have points in the game where the music fades out or fakes fading out. An example of such a point where this could be used is Metal Sonic's Zoom tube to the boss arena.
glaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015   #4799
Aegix
Generally Friendly

Legit suggestion for the next version:

Could the Emerald Hints be unlocked a tiny bit sooner? Like, maybe 5 or 10 emblems sooner?

Because I remember it being really tricky for me to get juuust enough emblems to unlock it. Once I did, though, hunting for hidden Emblems became a ton more fun as I had hints to decode.
Old 04-30-2015   #4800
TehRealSalt
/me FLEX ᕦ(◉ᴥ◉)ᕥ
Developer

<MotorRoach> Is nobody gonna render a proper ring?
<TehRealSalt> Yeah, why hasn't a new ring been made
<MotorRoach> I would, if I even know how to render things properly into sprites
<MonsterIestyn> because nobody has done anything but ask why one hasn't been made?
<MotorRoach> The model itself is easy as shit
<TehRealSalt> considering the tools to do it right have been around since forever

Petition to render the regular rings in a cleaner style on par with the Match rings
TehRealSalt is offline   Reply With Quote