SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Editing

Old 02-28-2017   #1
ZeroArmsWind
Default A little problem with sprites.

Ah... You'll see... This will be short:

I'm currently working on a character wad, but when i got to try out the first sprites (specifically, the standing ones) i noticed that they were misplaced. With that i mean that the sprites were in a weird position, and i could only see the top of them, since they appeared at the bottom of the screen. Now, i would like to know if this will fix itself once i finish each and every sprite, and if not, then what can i do to correct this. I attached a picture of the problem and also the full sprite (which still lacks some shading and detail). I must also mention that i'm working with SLADE.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20002.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	124.4 KB
ID:	9847  
Attached Images

ZeroArmsWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017   #2
Rumia1
Backseat Developer

I think you have set the sprite offsets incorrectly or you haven't at all, try selecting the problematic sprites and in the preview area there should be a button in SLADE labeled "Modify Gfx Offsets", press that and set it to "Automatic Offsets" and "Monster".
Rumia1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017   #3
ZeroArmsWind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumia1 View Post
I think you have set the sprite offsets incorrectly or you haven't at all, try selecting the problematic sprites and in the preview area there should be a button in SLADE labeled "Modify Gfx Offsets", press that and set it to "Automatic Offsets" and "Monster".
Oh, thanks. It worked perfectly. I don't remember reading about such thing in the Wiki, or maybe i just didn't notice it, but it won't cause anymore trouble. I guess i will give you credit for that.
Old 02-28-2017   #4
Rumia1
Backseat Developer

Glad to help!
Rumia1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017   #5
ZeroArmsWind

Now, i'm getting another error. I'm trying to replace the thok trail sprite with a star trail, but it doesn't show the sprite. And then it prints an error message in the console about invalid sprite frames. I don't know how can i fix that, since i have already tried various things. What should i do?

(I know, i'm kinda hopeless)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	srb20003.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	188.1 KB
ID:	9851  
Old 02-28-2017   #6
Monster Iestyn
Friendly Neighbour-Hood

Are your star trail's sprites between a pair of lumps called "S_START" and "S_END" in your WAD?

That's an uppercase i, not a lowercase L, for the record.
Monster Iestyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017   #7
Sapheros
That guy that ports

In the future, I would suggest opening a wad character like Jasper to see what the creator did compared to you, custom sprites outside of the player's sprites should be enclosed in a S_START and S_END marker.
Old 03-01-2017   #8
ZeroArmsWind

Uhm... i'm feeling dumb because i don't know the basics of programming... Now i'm getting this... (Must note that the part about the missing '}' is something i solved instantly and is not something i need help with.) :
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	srb20004.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	9863  

Last edited by ZeroArmsWind; 03-01-2017 at 01:31 AM. Reason: i forgot a small detail, one part of the problem i show was obvious, so i must make note that i have already solved it.