SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Archived > Outdated Releases (2.0.X) > Miscellaneous (2.0.X)

GraphicX8000v5_5.wad - [Version 5.5 RELEASED!] Details »»
GraphicX8000v5_5.wad - [Version 5.5 RELEASED!]
Version: 5.5, by SonicX8000 (Graphic & Sprite Modder.) SonicX8000 is offline
Developer Last Online: Mar 2017

Version: SRB2 Rating: (28 votes - 4.54 average)
Released: 08-16-2009 Last Update: 07-11-2011 Installs: 63
SOCs Sprites/Graphics

Version 5.5 released, now file size friendly.

(Version. 5.5)
*File Size is MUCH less than v5, it's barely over 1MB now compared to 16MB.
*Chaos Emeralds and Hidden Emblems now animate.
*Support for XSRB2 has been dropped, however it can still be added, if anyone still uses XSRB2 these days...
*The Special Stage Token has been given a extra free frame so it doesn't use TOKEA0 anymore. This means it no longer bugs out when this file is added via the SRB2 Launcher.
*Some changes to the HUD, the Rings, Item Boxes and other stuff.
---
(Bugs)
*Collected Hidden Emblems don't become translate when already collected. This may be due to the Extra Frames making it visible. Only fix I know is to make the Emblem use only 1 frame unless someone knows a fix for this.
*1up Boxes for Tails & knuckles still use their default 1up Boxes but you already know about this since v2.
--------------------------------------------------
(Item list)
*Pending...*

(In-game screenshots)

*Rings and checkpoint*
---

*Special Stage Token*
---

*Special Stage*
---

*Emerald results*
---

*Match/CTF Stuff*
----------
If there's any bugs, please let me know.

Download Now

File Type: zip GraphicX8000v5_5.zip (184.5 KB, 2382 views)

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

• This addon may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without the author's permission.

Comments
Old 07-28-2012   #322
rocky
Just being himself

Anyway, really like this new version but I only have one thing to ask.

It is possible for you to change the background from the image " You Got Them All"? I don't know if that is appliable in your modification.
Old 08-02-2012   #323
SonicX8000
Graphic & Sprite Modder.
Judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky View Post
It is possible for you to change the background from the image " You Got Them All"? I don't know if that is appliable in your modification.
Yes, I can change it, but... the question is though... what to put to replace it? At the time it was those 7 colored sparks which were the emeralds but it felt cheap. Same thing can go with the sky in the Special Stages but I think I have a idea for that.

Also... the emeralds along with their animated frames. *More like Jolly Ranchers.*

Last edited by SonicX8000; 08-02-2012 at 11:47 PM.
Old 08-04-2012   #324
Effigy The Fox
Is mostly dead by now.

I am very impressed with this. The whole new layout makes it feel like a new HUD system(I'm not sure if that was right.) I did have an idea for a thing like this but I know that I'll save that elsewhere.

"Anyone seen my teeth? I need my beer so I can punch me some good for nothing vermins in this stinking hole."
Old 08-08-2012   #325
Chengi
Temporarily Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicX8000 View Post
My god, those look sexy. Although they don't compliment the Super Sonic transformation sequence you showed us earlier; or are you changing that as well?
Steam
Tumblr
Old 11-05-2012   #326
SonicX8000
Graphic & Sprite Modder.
Judge

Nope, this isn't dead, just haven't been working on it lately so anyway... this will be the current HUD also I kinda redid the Emeralds. *By the way... that sphere in the Score Area is suppose to be a bumper, because well... Bumper = Points, no? I could just change it into a star or something.*

I added the Time Stone there just to compare emeralds and such.

Ok... I really need to pick a HUD and stay with it. How many HUDs have I gone through by now... I lost count.

Last edited by SonicX8000; 11-07-2012 at 03:48 AM.
Old 01-17-2013   #327
SonicX8000
Graphic & Sprite Modder.
Judge

Not much, but eh...

Last edited by SonicX8000; 01-18-2013 at 01:37 AM.
Old 01-17-2013   #328
D00D64
A "rather brash" indivisual

Okay, I really feel the HUD is currently taking up way too much space. It feels so huge and it's REALLY distracting. It ends up taking a big 1/6th of the screen and isn't subtle enough to phase out so my eyes just draw to it. The big ugly black borders really add to this issue.

I'm also not fond of the icons for each item; they don't look like they share any connection spritewise, as they all look like you ripped them from different games. The Bobbin used for the score has too few shades of white used and the shine on the red is too close to the white of the rest of it, the clock is really simple compared to the other items and sticks out the most, and the Ring could really use some kind of outline or something because it just doesen't look good when it's in a static pose placed right on the screen with nothing behind it.

And as for the life counter, it's also inconsistent with the above HUD items. Why does the character head get a white outline but not the ring? Why is the X so thin? And if you were going to give big ugly black borders around the items, why didn't the life icon have it anyway? Not event he text for the character name is consistent with the HUD text!

I'm also not too fond of the use of Time Stones over the Chaos Emeralds. Whenever I look at them, I just think Time Stones. It's really obvious to anyone that finished a Sonic CD special stage and, again, looks out of place. It's appearance doesn't really seem to mesh well with SRB2's art style or even your other graphics. And why does the emerald shard almost look like a whole emerald? It's supposed to be a shard of a BROKEN jewel.

I honestly much prefered this HUD over the current one. It abused the gradients to shit and I really hate that, and I prefer the S3&K Bobbin you're using over the S1 Bobbin used here, but I like how the border also circled the item and how much nicer the timer and ring looked, and that because it was silver/red bordered with black, it was easy to see in both light and dark areas where the hud started and ended. The lives counter remained unchanged and that pretty much remained unchanged forever, and maybe the Chaotix text is overdone and REALLY doesn't look good gradient, but I still prefer it over what you're going for now.
Quote:
<SpiritCrusher> But I wouldn't say "dead Jew child" is incorrect
<SpiritCrusher> Nobody would doubt that it's a dead Jew child
Old 01-18-2013   #329
Icee
The one and only...

Quote:
Originally Posted by D00D64 View Post
Okay, I really feel the HUD is currently taking up way too much space. It feels so huge and it's REALLY distracting. It ends up taking a big 1/6th of the screen and isn't subtle enough to phase out so my eyes just draw to it. The big ugly black borders really add to this issue.

I'm also not fond of the icons for each item; they don't look like they share any connection spritewise, as they all look like you ripped them from different games. The Bobbin used for the score has too few shades of white used and the shine on the red is too close to the white of the rest of it, the clock is really simple compared to the other items and sticks out the most, and the Ring could really use some kind of outline or something because it just doesen't look good when it's in a static pose placed right on the screen with nothing behind it.

And as for the life counter, it's also inconsistent with the above HUD items. Why does the character head get a white outline but not the ring? Why is the X so thin? And if you were going to give big ugly black borders around the items, why didn't the life icon have it anyway? Not event he text for the character name is consistent with the HUD text!

I'm also not too fond of the use of Time Stones over the Chaos Emeralds. Whenever I look at them, I just think Time Stones. It's really obvious to anyone that finished a Sonic CD special stage and, again, looks out of place. It's appearance doesn't really seem to mesh well with SRB2's art style or even your other graphics. And why does the emerald shard almost look like a whole emerald? It's supposed to be a shard of a BROKEN jewel.

I honestly much prefered this HUD over the current one. It abused the gradients to shit and I really hate that, and I prefer the S3&K Bobbin you're using over the S1 Bobbin used here, but I like how the border also circled the item and how much nicer the timer and ring looked, and that because it was silver/red bordered with black, it was easy to see in both light and dark areas where the hud started and ended. The lives counter remained unchanged and that pretty much remained unchanged forever, and maybe the Chaotix text is overdone and REALLY doesn't look good gradient, but I still prefer it over what you're going for now.
I see what you mean DOOD. And I agree with the inconsistency and that the Emeralds look to much like Time Stones. And the black borders could use a touch-up. I'd say they might want to shrink the hud by 25%, so it dosen't take up so much space also. But on a positive note, the items look alright and moving away for the Chaotix text is a good call.
Icee, that's me. The one and only...