SA1 or SADX?

SADX. In my opinion about SADX, not only I like it because of nostalgia (that's like the tiniest part of my opinion lmao), but because, even if I played and completed it multiple times, it's still fun to play the game. It's the perfect 3D Sonic game for me. Fun levels, fun playstyles. Except Amy, Big and Gamma of course. I would have say that they are okay if they would be more fun. SA1 graphics are definitely better than SADX's ones, but SADX has the best controls (plus the Free Camera thing).
I'm trying to complete SA1 rn and the controls feel.... weird. When I hold forward, I'm starting to turn left! It also has those (a bit) long loading times what I did not except. Plus the cutscenes can't be skipped. I didn't really care about the Mini Game Collection (and TehRealSalt is right, you could just boot up an emulator for those old goodies), however I always played SADX's chao garden more than SA2's. It was so fun using Fusion's Chao Editor with it.
I also like SADX's models, but SA1's models are daaaaaamn gooood. I am okay with both versions graphics, but SA1's is better than SADX.
TL;DR SA1 for visuals, SADX for gameplay. So if I would want to play the actual perfect version of SADX, I would play it with the Dreamcast mods (just remove Big, then make Amy & Gamma more fun and give Metal Sonic an actual good moveset instead of Sonic's lol). Better visuals, while still the same good old controls.

The PC version of SADX with BetterSADX and the Dreamcast Conversion is the best way to play the game imo. I hate SADX's lack of lighting and its washed out textures and missing effects and the Dreamcast Conversion fixes all of that. The original game had so much more color and personality in its environments. I also like SA1's models a bit better but it's much less of a sticking point for me than the other stuff.

Last edited:
Honestly modded SADX PC is the better choice.

But I would like if it got a Classic Sonic mod plus a mod that makes you only play as Sonic so you don't have to play as the other 5 characters to see the end of the game.

i have to admit i prefer SADX over SA1. i do believe that its very buggy, and also the dreamcast textures and lighting are a lot better, but i much prefer the DX models, i dont think mission mode is that bad and the fact theres an actual game gear emulator in the game is awesome. and also nothing beats that loud menu screen. Classique(tm), you might say

and also no offense but the dreamcast chao gardens suck. i like the race lobby but the garden themselves are kinda bad lol

As it has been said time and time again, the way to go with Sonic Adventure is to buy SADX on Steam and mod things to your liking. The only thing that the GameCube and Dreamcast versions have over the modded PC version is the ability to own a physical copy that matches the rest of your collection.

SADX for sure, all the added content and mods the community made for the game makes it so much better. BetterSADX is a godsend for any Sonic Adventure enthusiast, not only does it improve and fix so many issues both the original game and SADX suffered from, it also restores a lot of the features that were cut from the DX version and makes it the definitive way to play Sonic Adventure in my opinion.

Which one is better? The Dreamcast version of Sonic Adventure or the posterior console version of the same game called Sonic Adventure DX Director's Cut?

This is hard to decide, but I'll go with SADX.

The 2 are mostly the same, but one has a difference in graphics.

SADX is better ! why
-better models and textures
-better graphics
-released on multiple platforms
but SA1 still one of best sonic games !

never played the dreamcast version. but i grew up playing SADX so its better, i guess? nostalgia is whats talking for me here.

I watched Cybershell's video, and changed my opinion. I even went and read the "Ultimate Guide to SADX Sins" page. I've liked SADx for a while now, but I have changed to SA1 for the Dreamcast. Better lighting, and less glitches. Also better transparencies.

So... SA1.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back