Windows 7 x64 Graphics Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

PKth22

I found a topic where somebody else had the same problem as me, however, this was for an outdated version of SRB2, and I wasn't sure if a solution had been found yet. The palette randomly gets corrupted every few seconds. Increasing/Decreasing the brightness "refreshes" the palette, but that gets real annoying after awhile. Is there any other solution? Would MD2's work (or whatever the 3D models are called) if the sprites/2D graphics are simply the problem? If so, could somebody show me a more up-to-date tutorial?

I had the same problem on my Windows 7. Just run it in Windowed Mode and it runs flawlessly. I'm surprised that it actually works so well in Windowed Mode.
To get it into windowed mode, just copy and paste this into a batch file and put it into the same folder as the main srb2 exe.
Code:
srb2win -win -width 640 -height 400
You can change the width and height to something different if you want, heck, 1280x800 is quite small for me.

Turn off the rotating slideshow thingy in the desktop. Windows refreshes the pallete whenever it reads an image file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back