Vertical texture offset with lower unpegged

Status
Not open for further replies.

DooMAD

So I've just started messing about with SRB2 editing after numerous years of mapping for Doom.

I notice a common theme in maps of using GFZGRASS as a middle texture along the edges of sectors. The only problem being that the linedefs all need to be lower unpegged to stop the grass texture sticking to the sky. This makes it problematic to adjust the vertical alignment of lower textures:

srb2editor.gif

The wall on the right has the correct vertical alignment for the lower texture, but the middle texture grass is floating off into the air. What's the best way to avoid this?

There isn't a good way to avoid this. Potential solutions include making a specific texture so it aligns properly naturally, or using FOFs and texture offsets to create the same effect. You can see the FOF/texture offset approach done in the upper area of MAP98 in the IWAD.

Ah, okay. Thanks. I had a suspicion that might be the case. For the most part, I'll probably just take the lazy way out and change the height of the sectors to multiples of 128 so that the default texture fits naturally, heh. Then save the FOF trick for trick for situations where it's really needed and not have a map full of control sectors (one of my Legacy maps went a little overboard with the 3D stuff, heh).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back