Laggiest game you've played

Status
Not open for further replies.
SRB2 is the laggiest game ever.

For those who say SSBB is the laggiest you just have bad connection. I've been playing Wi-Fi until now with no lag at all.

AshuraXDemon said:
For those who say SSBB is the laggiest you just have bad connection. I've been playing Wi-Fi until now with no lag at all.
Have you ever played anyone from Japan? The connection's just fine if it's in your region, but lags like crap against worldwide opponents, for reasons that are plastered all over the Smash Bros. Dojo.

That's because the wifi system for Mario Kart is different compared to SSBB or SRB2. Mario Kart is a lot less dependent on user interaction, so when a player lags, instead of freezing the entire game to allow all players to catch up to the game, it sends a user or its surroundings on "auto-pilot", so to speak. In reality, you and the Japan folks might be receiving a lot of lag from each other, but it'll appear they're just driving an even mileage in a straight line, because that's what the game assumes the players will be doing during lag.

THE MORE YOU KNOW *

Silent_Snipe said:
I like this topic, i use it as a guide of what not to get *stabbed*
I have the feeling that the lagginess of a game in the most cases depends on the Computer (or on the server it's hosted on *cough* ) anyway. I mean, you could buy the best game in the world and it would be like a slideshow on a Win 95 PC!

Tec_Weed said:
I have the feeling that the lagginess of a game in the most cases depends on the Computer (or on the server it's hosted on *cough* ) anyway. I mean, you could buy the best game in the world and it would be like a slideshow on a Win 95 PC!
My specs are pretty good but its mainly the laggyness online that i look out for.

Tec_Weed said:
Not all Win95 PCs are crap, I've seen one play RTCW real fast. >:D It all depends on the system's capabilities and the OS.

Dr.Pepper said:
AshuraXDemon said:
Have you ever played anyone from Japan? The connection's just fine if it's in your region, but lags like crap against worldwide opponents, for reasons that are plastered all over the Smash Bros. Dojo.
Yeah actually my friend went to Japan for vacation we thought it was going to lag. But it ended up that it didn't.

Dr.Pepper said:
Not all Win95 PCs are crap, I've seen one play RTCW real fast. >:D It all depends on the system's capabilities and the OS.
just sayin'... course it doesn't always depend on the operating system, there's just that unfortunate rumor about win95 PCs, that they're commonly not anymore ahead of their time.

Worst LAG eva

Using ssntails's Genecyst in DosBox playing any game with only 3000 cycles!

And in response to the talk about Win 95 being crap, I used to install MS DOS 5 or 6.22 with Windows 3.11 on my 2.4ghz P4 PC. That IS FAST

Penopat said:
Anything on Vista.
(I lol'd so hard, it hurt. :P)
Second'd, Vista requires far more power than most people actually need in a computer just to run itself, it's ridiculous. I hope M$ addresses that with Windows 7.
Tec_Weed said:
just sayin'... course it doesn't always depend on the operating system, there's just that unfortunate rumor about win95 PCs, that they're commonly not anymore ahead of their time.
Meh, Win95 mainly just lacks the same hardware and software support Win98 does, so don't expect Flash, Java, Voodoo graphics cards, 120GB hard drives, your favorite thumb-drive or a USB 2.0 joypad to work on a Win95 PC. :P I actually still have my old Win95 PC, there's nothing else like having a 195MB HD, 256 color graphics, a 35mhz CPU and 24MBs of RAM to work with, it's hilarious.

my win 95 laptop broke down =(
wow, until I got it I didn't even know there actually WERE win 95 laptops XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back