md2 dont load

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Cat

I did a direct copy paste of the md2.dta from one folder to another but it does not work. I am in opengl.

Now that we´re already on the MD2 and OpenGl thing. I´d like to ask, how are you suppoused to turn on OpenGl? I saw LoganA´s topic, I know it´s broken and all, he said that the command to turn it on was typing ¨OpenGl¨ in console, wich as you may know, won´t work up for me, bla bla bla. Computers have never been my stuff, I´m always doing something for important (or entretaining). and since I prefer Doom 2 over SRB2, I ain´t got a clue.

I did a direct copy paste of the md2.dta from one folder to another but it does not work. I am in opengl.

The file should be named md2.dat, not md2.dta.

Also, remember to set gr_md2 1 in the console.

Last edited:
Simple.
Have a copy of MD2.dat in your main folder and MD2 folder.
Run SRB2 in OpenGL.
Type in the console "gr_MD2 on"
And that should do it if your MD2s are set up properly(which is something I am NOT explaining).

It can be hard or easy to get MD2 to work to me its pain in the A$$ lol.

You will need some file to get it to work here a fill step on how to get it to work.

Step 1: Make a TxT and name it md2.dat.

Step 2: Put this word in the txt [PLAY PLAY.MD2 3.0 0.0.]

Step 3: put it in your Srb2 file.

Step 4: make a new file and name it MD2 all caps. then put it in your SRB2 file.

Step 5: Now put all your MD2 files in your new MD2 file.

Step 6: Start up SRB2 in the net program with open GL on.

Step 7: Now in the console type gr_MD2 on.

Thats should be all you need to do.

Good luck Werehog.

Now that we´re already on the MD2 and OpenGl thing. I´d like to ask, how are you suppoused to turn on OpenGl? I saw LoganA´s topic, I know it´s broken and all, he said that the command to turn it on was typing ¨OpenGl¨ in console, wich as you may know, won´t work up for me, bla bla bla. Computers have never been my stuff, I´m always doing something for important (or entretaining). and since I prefer Doom 2 over SRB2, I ain´t got a clue.
I think you misunderstood what he said. When he said to type "-opengl" in the console, he didn't mean the SRB2 console. He meant add it as a parameter in a batch file that gets loaded up through the EXE console.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back