R_AddSingleSpriteDef: No patches found for the BUBLA0 frame \

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joat

Gum Phoenix
My Bippo Bop mod was working fine seperately, but when I compiled it all into one file, I got this error. BUBLA0 is the standing frame for Bop. Since Bop is the second character in the mod, might this have to do with the fact that I placed more than one character in a single WAD?

An important update:

It turns out the above problem was caused both by my having accidentally pasted a sprite set twice and my not having S_START and S_END around the sprites. However, I have a new problem. The game works fine up until I enter a level, but then I get barraged by console messages saying that an object of type 0 with invalid sprite data was detected and removed and the characters do not show up.

So in the end, the question is, how do I compile multiple character WADs into one mod? It’s lookiing more and more, though, like this cannot be done.

Last edited:
Just tested, and it can in fact be done. Place the S_SKIN for the first character, then all of its sprites, and then put a blank lump before starting the next character.

I actually didn't know about this, and it's going to be helpful.

Not sure I quite understand what you mean by a blank lump. I have my mod in this order now, but it doesn’t work:

[Music]
[Level scripts]
[Level pics]
[S_SKIN1]
[S_START]
[All the sprites]
[Marker lump UNTITLED]
[S_END]
[S_SKIN1]
[S_START]
[All the sprites]
[Marker lump UNTITLED]
[S_END]
[S_SKIN1]
[S_START]
[All the sprites]
[S_END]
[Maps]
[Maincfg]
[Name/face/character select pictures for all three characters]

Last edited:
XWE calls it a marker. It's just a lump with nothing in it.

Don't put anything between the sprites and the S_SKIN. The sprites HAVE to be the first thing after the S_SKIN. OBJCTCFG and such lumps can come either after or before everything else.

Before placing the next S_SKIN, place a marker lump after the first set of sprites. I did it with Tails and Knuckles and it worked fine.

Alight, I tried everything up to and including wiping the WAD and pasting the lumps of a single-character WAD that I know already works, and it now gives me the error that this thread is titled after. Same lumps, different name. The only possible thing that could be going on is that I have a corrupted file on my hands and need to start over. More updates soon.

EDIT: Even THAT isn’t working! Maybe there’s something wrong with the copy and paste function or something.

That seems to have done it. The latest version is already released, but now I can have it compiled when the next release arrives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back