New Item "Capsules" *Fixed* (BetterBoxes.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrimsonGodX

As a part of NextGen Team...
I needed to make some new item boxes for the wad project.
I decided to go ahead and release these now because, well... they're done. ^^
This wad replaces all the old "item monitors" to the newer
"item capsule" look. It also repaces the sound effect for
"popping" them. If you want to use them in your wad, you
are more than welcome, just be sure and give me some credit.
I hope everyone enjoys my first wad release.
Screenies:

Get it here:
> http://www.sendspace.com/file/klto53 <
*Note: The actual monitors should look slightly better in the game.
EDIT: There was an issue with the new "pop" sound effect which caused loud static upon destroying an Egg Capsule. Silly me forgot to save the .wav in Doom Wave format. It's fixed now.

Re: New item "capsules" (BetterBoxes.wad)

CrimsonGodX said:

I dont Think Rgx will be happy that you released these :o

Re: New item "capsules" (BetterBoxes.wad)

Flame_the_hedgehog said:
CrimsonGodX said:

I dont Think Rgx will be happy that you released these :o

:? Well, I'm not really upset. SF94 has a point though, it is his and he made it, but still I don't think you should've released it....

Super mystic sonic said:
I swear these are differen't from Blaze's, though...
Oh, that reminds me... If you haven't already, go ahead and download this and use the sprites in the NextGen wad. It would be alot easier then sending you another PM. These fix the "item box residue" issue. Also, these are just temporary for now. The actual item boxes used in the NextGen project will be different and exclusive. I've already spoken to RGX on this matter and he is fine with it.

Ritz said:
I don't like them.

Wow, what's with all the random suspensions lately? First Bigboi, now Ritz...
Dont ch'ya think you should, you know, tell them what the hell they are doing wrong before you jump the gun? Seems you guys are a bit hasty to abuse the power, no?

Just my two cents.

OMG! Spazzo, that is sooo off-topic random. Besides, everyone who gets suspended knows why. That doesn't mean we all have to know aswell. It is fairly obvious anyway with all the tension that's going around in the Sonic NextGen: The Results thread. I would also like to say, does anyone have anything positive to say about my first wad release? I swear, some of you are simply rude. I know some of you don't like me for whatever pre-conceived ideas you have in your head, but constructive criticism and blatant negativity are two different things.
Crims Rants: 1:03

I should also add, you would expect more from people who have been around the forum for awhile.

Honestly, I'm sure nobody cares if it's your 1st attempt, or your last. Alot of people here have seen everything there is to see for SRB2, and the word 'originallity' is scarce.

Advice:

1) If you don't think something you made is very good, don't post it.

2) If you spent under an hour on something, don't post it.

3) if a level you've made takes less than a minute to get through, don't post it.

4) If someone tells you they don't like what you've produced, don't have an angry rant. It'll most likely get the topic locked early, and make your reputation go down. alot.

*digs around in the logs*

Ritz's account has been disabled for unconstructive criticism (November 19, 2006)

Bigboi's ban has been implemented. 1 week ban. (November 18, 2006)

ZTaimat said:
Honestly, I'm sure nobody cares if it's your 1st attempt, or your last. Alot of people here have seen everything there is to see for SRB2, and the word 'originallity' is scarce.

Advice:

1) If you don't think something you made is very good, don't post it.

2) If you spent under an hour on something, don't post it.

3) if a level you've made takes less than a minute to get through, don't post it.

4) If someone tells you they don't like what you've produced, don't have an angry rant. It'll most likely get the topic locked early, and make your reputation go down. alot.
Interesting, but I do have a response for this one. First off, I would like to make clear, that I did not claim this wad as anything original. I mean, how original can you be with new item monitor sprites? I'm quite aware that nobody cares this is my first release, but I'm certainly not going to stop wadding, soccing, editing, or anything for that matter because of negative reviews. (Even, if they were to be constant.) I am happy with what I've done, (a simple sprite replacement) and that's all that matters to me.

In detail:
1) I don't think this wad is amazing or anything, I mean... it's just new item monitors. If you anyone expects more out of this, I suggest they read the description more closely.

2) I spent more than an hour on this. I made absolutely sure there weren't any problems or missed sprites.

3) If you were expecting a level out of this (example or not), again I suggest reading the description. (I'm sure this was only an example.)

4) This wasn't really an angry rant. I want to make it absolutely clear that I was just pointing out that constructive criticism is welcome, but being a jerk isn't helpful at all. Take a look at who is suspended now. Enough said? Finally, I don't give a darn about my reputation on a Sonic forum. If I don't care about my reputation in society, a Sonic forum is certainly not going to put me in a fetal position. All that aside, thank you for some constructive criticism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back