Introduce Yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, my name is XanthicDragon, somebody who is definitely obsessed to the brim with dragons.
Something about them I can't explain. I just love them.

The basics: My name is Christian Donovan, 13 year old teenager who spends his life sitting in front of a computer (what a coincidence) and plays games. I am extremely deft with the keyboard, I can usually get wpm's of 60-80, my grammar competence is very fluent to that of a post-graduate. I tend to lurk around on roleplay servers, as roleplaying is my hobby and the hobby that I have the most time enjoying and the most time mastering.

Anyway, getting back into topic here, I usually just come onto the forums to look for the latest wads and mods, you know, basic things.

I joined SRB2 around the time 2.0.6 was released, so about 2-3 years ago. I was young around the time, about 9 or 10. I was very salty back then, and I would usually ragequit whenever I failed at match or anything in between. I recently came back to this game, went on a break, and then decided to come back to it again.

I have a few aliases for you to get to know me better.

1. Raphael (Simplistic name, but I used it for a couple months.)
2. Soni~ or Sonikku (Both names I often use.)
3. *Ristar* (Ristar the Shooting Star was my old account in actuality, and now that I've grown up to become more intellectual and less gullible, I figured I could go for another shot on the forums, and here I am.)
4. XanthicDragon or Xanthic (And then we get to the names I use.)

I hope that I can become friends with most people on this site.

Thanks again in advance!

Hello everyone. My name on this message board is Srb2 player, you can call me by my nickname Sonic Prower. I did post on this thread introducing myself but it's been quite some time since I've been on here. I don't remember the exact year I've been playing SRB2, I think the first version of SRB2 I played was the one where you could collect easter eggs and go to Red Volcano Zone by jumping on the house near the beginning of Greenflower Zone Act 1. One of the reasons I loved playing SRB2 was because of the mods, SRB2 is one of the few fan games to have a bunch of mods to my knowledge.

I'm a huge Sonic fan, my first game I ever played was Crash Bandicoot Warped but my first Sonic game was either Sonic Advance or Sonic Adventure on the Dreamcast and not on the Gamecube. I also like to watch anime, one of my favorite anime series is Macross, not Robotech.

Last edited:
Surprised to see this place still alive

I haven't been here since 2009. I was an annoying 13 year old brat back then. I mean, I used my real name with no capitalization (Speaking of which, if anyone knows how to change that I'd be glad to hear) and had a freaking meme for an avatar.

Now as a 20 year old going through college with a CIS major, I started feeling nostalgic and decided to go looking for some of the old communities I used to frequent. Most were long dead. I was surprised to see that this one wasn't.

Man, I still remember 1.09.4, the endless floods of wads from back when the community was super active (and standards were lower), the How Do I Jump subforums...

You know, I'm pretty sure those times were actually kinda terrible now that I think about it. But everything looks better when it's nostalgic.

So yeah, I'm back for now. We'll see if I stick around.

(Speaking of which, if anyone knows how to change that I'd be glad to hear)

Just send a PM to one of the admins (the people with purple-colored nicks, not me), and they can change your name for you.

That said, welcome back! It's nice to have returning users as well as new ones. =)

Hello, My name is Boo, I am 13 (thirteen) years old, I like Games and Sports Like Football, and i just signed in Today at SRB2 Message Board.

"You found me, PeekaBoo!"

Last edited:
Hello, I am the MisterZ, I'm not a sir, but i am educated, I have 12 years and i'm Youtube, my old account was removed, but how do not want to be excluded from the community because it is very cool to play online, download new content, but i have problems, like the Prime 2.0 is monitoring me, I can not put any sentence with incorrect punctuation, meaningless phrase, do not ask for things, etc.
Previously I was known as MaykeAdventures, i don't want trouble, but I want to join the community.

Last edited:
I personally think a re-introduction is needed. I want to present the amount of personal progression I have made thanks to the people of this community, by showing my old introduction po-- It appears that I have deleted that post... Well... I guess I should speak of how much I've matured.

I'll be honest, my 13/14 year old self when encountering the MB was pretty awful. I mean I had average vocabulary, I was a fanboy of everything I saw, and I had no proper patience and passion to make anything myself. I even tried to release Duon.wad, a horrible recolor of a character called Greeman, who at the time, was the best "stickman" I could use for a base (then I got an infraction for stealing someone's wad and not even crediting them). Hell, back on #srb2fun, my awful attitude led me to getting on the a-kick list. Yeah, I was so horrible the Honorable Mystic and Rob didn't want to see my name or ".-." emote anywhere on that chat.

Since then, after being looked down upon some of community and almost suffering from tons of depression for personal and social reasons, I stopped caring so much about others' opinions and insults and even went out of my way to try and do better, except I was still lazy. Enter the SRB2 Riders mod, a huge port project that I've been working on with MotdSpork, Hitcoder, and friends since the "beginning" of 2.1. I was still looked down upon for not doing anything with that port or making the gameplay any better. At that time, I was pretty shit at lua (not much of a difference now) I still suffered from sadness and stuff like that. Though as time moved on, I experimented a lot more and became a little more genuine with what I tried to do with scripts.

I graduated from High School on June 17th, 2016, and over the summer into fall, I feel like I have improved as a member of this community. I built up the feeling of persistence and came at situations a little more maturely. I even went out of my way to build my own levels and make my own custom scripts. I feel right at home with the big names of SRB2, and wish to help anyone in need of some type of assistance.

tl;dr Hello fellow SRB2 Members, I am no longer Duon The Adventurer, I am Sapheros Lucidus, I love SRB2 and wish to provide whatever I can to make not only my SRB2 experience, but your SRB2 experience better.

Hi I am painyatta! I am a piñata and I like to give people cavities and hit people with my lollipop of evil! That's right I am a villain, but I am now mostly reformed! I just love candy and someday dream of ruling it all! Oh and I like Sonic the hedgehog, and candy!!! Give me your candy and we can be friends! Oh and I also have a McDonalds toy and an action figure because I am that awesome, and also appear as a comic book villain who wishes to liberate all piñatas from evil children who hit our kind blindfolded!

Last edited:
My name is Nothing. I did make a srb2 account with my icloud email, but then I immediately forgot about it. So I had to wait until I was 13 to get a gmail account.
I mostly ask questions or give my opinion on things.

ಠ_ಠ http://mb.srb2.org/showpost.php?p=785497&postcount=1459
I am sorry for the foul language, but what the fuck did I just read?
Seriously, painyatta's message is very juvenile.

Don't worry. The person who made this account only made it to make this weird post.

Last edited:
I'm Bluesfire. Been playing since 2006. Random fact about me : My username comes from a game of SRB2 I played a long time ago, back then I used "Electro" or "Electro2" as my IGN, but one day I teamed with a guy named "Redsfire" and he was a red tails. So I played as a blue tails and went as "Bluesfire". It's just stuck since then!

Redsfire, if you see this, we need to play a game!

I'm Awesomekid and my real name is Anthony Conner Speegle and I'm 12
I'm a kid that likes to be awesome
But I'm a nice guy I won't be mean or ban people I don't let my awesomeness consume me

So I'm MORATORiAS, formally known as Indy94 around here. Real name's Indy, I'm now 18 (was like 9-10 when I started coming here or somewhere around that range). I was on this forum for years when I was in elementary and middle school, then decided to come back and see how SRB2 was going. I'm a music ed major at Georgia Southern and I actually have somewhat of a life now.

Edit: I just found my old account and started looking through it and now I'm sure I have like six forms of cancer. Holy shit I was annoying.

Last edited:
Porky the hedgehog is now on the fourms!

Hello all! You might not know who I am unless you've played my sugoi server but my username on the master server is usually "Porky The hedgehog~" I'm not trying to make this a useless fourm/thread but I just thought having a welcoming thread would be fitting. Hoping that I fit into the community well and I'm not a pest or a bother. Goodbye all!

Edit: I just found my old account and started looking through it and now I'm sure I have like six forms of cancer. Holy shit I was annoying.

I feel that. I wanted to keep using my account from 07, but then I realized the username was cancer. Only had one thread and it was cancer as well. Glad I decided to make a new one. Lol

Hello from the real world.

Or, well, the world of Commander Keen :P

I'm keenmaster486 and I've been lurking for many years here. Played SRB2 since Demo 1.08 or so, and I'm really glad to see all the new development going on! I may or may not stay active but we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back