• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Werehog! NOT A RIP OR A RECOLOR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got that i got s_skin1 done and objectcfg done now i need to make better sprites who has a BETTER spriting tutorial then the one XSpeed GodX did?

Moderator Notice:
Constructive criticism please. "This sucks" is no appropriate.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to be very blunt here. This looks terrible.

The minute I looked at this, I thought it was a Joke WAD, but here are some things you could do to not give me that impression.

- Way, Way too damn small. Make it at the least 70x70 for each sprite.
- It's blatantly ugly as hell. Try drawing over Sonic's sprites and improving from there.
- Don't post progress if you anticipate the reception to be bad. (I've done this with my characters a few times too.)
- Learn shading, I recall there being a shading tutorial so- Oh, here it is...

I heavily reccomend improving your sprite before posting any more progress, at least to the point of it being distinguishable as the character you're trying to make.

You can still do the same, just slower.
The Speed Breaker said:
i need to make better sprites who has a BETTER spriting tutorial then the one XSpeed GodX did?
I don't understand why, WE have to get tutorials for you when you can easily look it up yourself.

You can still do the same, just slower. I don't understand why, WE have to get tutorials for you when you can easily look it up yourself.

Probably because he can't find them. Regardless it isn't difficult to bring up another window or tab and search for one.

*couple of searches later*

http://www.associatedcontent.com/video/14529/creating_a_pixel_art_sprite_in_microsoft.html?cat=2

This is the only thing I can find thats close to what he's asking for. All I had to do was switch up the search engine and it took me no less than 10 seconds. It's not the best tutorial but it will give him some in site on how to make bases for sprite characters...

EWW TEH SMELLY WEREHOG!!!1!!one!!!shift1
Um... yeah.... er... *Decides not to say anything*

There's some critics and comments:

1. If you can't use MS Paint try using anything OTHER than paint ( like Photoshop, etc. ) You might able to do it better....
2. Try using Touchscreen mouse, it can be easier to make drawing.
3. You can draw it yourself with pen, then SCAN it....
4. You might want to FIX the abilities, speed, etc.

I'm not really a good drawer myself, but I'm trying to improve my drawings....
And the picture is (no offense) I call it.. uh... unknown?

Sorry if this offend you.. I only give you tips to make you better....

-Confession-

-.-' I was late 30 seconds when I'm typing.. lotsa ppl already posted.. =P

Is it a rip? No.
Is it a recolor? No.
Is it good? HELL NO.

It's like a 3 year old drew this. I swear, this looks like it would fit on a piece of paper drawn with crayon than in SRB2. Everything is ugly and out of proportion, it doesent fit SRB2's style, and it's just so unappealing and repulsive, nobody would use it anyways. It's disgusting and unsalvageable in all possible ways.
it may be horrible, but dont kill the person for trying XD

you'll (maybe) get it someday, just keep tryin n find a way to make it epic.

Maybe if we help with the heel can be a little better because I was rendered but not the maximum.

If you are able to gradient the colors and make it more symmetrical, you could have a shot. Don't let other post's pessimissim get you down. Just work at it and you could have a good character when your done

I'm not one of those guys that says "THIS CHARACTER IS HORRIBAL", I actually liked Sonic Unleashed and Werehog. It plays nicely, fitting for a Sonic game or not... ERR, on topic though, this character won't play well on SRB2, I mean, Wii has this motion controler, so it's cool, but SRB2...

Don't let other post's pessimissim get you down. Just work at it and you could have a good character when your done
It's not pessimism. The art is just terrible.

I'm not one of those guys that says "THIS CHARACTER IS HORRIBAL", I actually liked Sonic Unleashed and Werehog. It plays nicely, fitting for a Sonic game or not...
That's not even what people are annoyed with. They're annoyed with the art.

ERR, on topic though, this character won't play well on SRB2, I mean, Wii has this motion controler, so it's cool, but SRB2...
I don't see what motion controls have to do with it. I don't see how SRB2 missing out on mindless waggling is any sort of a bad thing.
The only problem I see is how he could make this an interesting and fun character to bother using.

Oh, ideas! He can give him the ability to cling on edge of platforms, making him unique, it'll also let him a suprise attack advantage in match.... Well, if such thing is possible to make... As a SOCing beginner, I can think of some stuff that just MIGHT work if you wrap 'em together... Nah... Nevermind, I got nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back