Suggestions

Being able to get emblems in splitscreen would make sense, honestly. Both players are using the same savedata, so there's no danger of desync there... it's just a question of how difficult it is to implement.

Sea Egg's problem isn't the clones, it's the punishment for guessing wrong when you haven't figured it out yet being too harsh. We're aware of the problems with that boss.

My concern with Sea Egg is that the water pool is still really brutal, independent of the clones themselves. I think an easy fix would be to add a few rings on the bottom as health insurance, and change the blue springs to yellow so there's less transit time to the surface.

Also, I think for some of these bosses that only let you hit them once every ten-fifteen seconds, eight health is kind of dumb and tedious. Besides, there's really no entertainment value to CEZ3 once you get the pattern down because there are no tricks and tools you can use to speed up the process.

Last edited:
also make the (fake) clones disappear when hit, That would at least make it a bit easier than the Final Boss.

Could we get an Analog Control Toggle key bond to something like the Right Shift Key for 2.2? It really breaks the immersion to go through menus to turn it off when I don't want it to be on, and vice versa.

Last edited:
Could we get an Analog Control Toggle key bond to something like the Right Shift Key for 2.2? It really breaks the immersion to go through menus to turn it off when I don't want it to be on, and vice versa.

This can currently be achieved by setting up an autoexec.cfg with a command like
Code:
bind shift "toggle analog"

Btw, I had another suggestion... It is about the bot system that exist in SRB2.
I mean, now it looks like we can only use bots in single player for as a helper in the actual story right? Then, what about there will be a way to modify the spawn of the bots via lua and not via code::block, dev c++, etc. And then, there will be a way to make actual bots that can race you, fight you, and even that will play CTF. I mean, my aim for it is to make bots for SSB, but that would be cool if all the coders could modify bots in race, match, ctf via actually lua...

Btw, I had another suggestion... It is about the bot system that exist in SRB2.
I mean, now it looks like we can only use bots in single player for as a helper in the actual story right? Then, what about there will be a way to modify the spawn of the bots via lua and not via code::block, dev c++, etc. And then, there will be a way to make actual bots that can race you, fight you, and even that will play CTF. I mean, my aim for it is to make bots for SSB, but that would be cool if all the coders could modify bots in race, match, ctf via actually lua...

That sound like a great idea! Think of all the possibilities; Sonic vs Knuckles Fight, Tails vs Sonic race, Heck, maybe even having the ability to play with more than one bot! (only there is no third/forth controller, so controlling the third/forth bot would be impossible)

Speaking of bots, why not have a Sonic Advance 3 Character Pairing System. The only difference would be that the bot would have no effect on the player's game play, and there would be a "None" option for bots.

Pretty sure that can easily be done already with BotSkin.lua, minus the "None" option.

I know, But I'm thinking it can be done from the character select screen.

Here's how it would work:
  1. Select The Player's character. (Exp: Sonic)
  2. Select "None" or the Bot's character. NOTE: this cannot be the same as the player's character. (Exp: Any character but Sonic, as long as Sonic is the Player)
  3. Play the game!
Also, for this to work correctly, remove the Sonic and Tails character choice.

Add Super Knuckles in normal gameplay, in S3&K you could turn Super Knuckles, no Super Tails is understandable but Super Knuckles should be a feature (this could be added in a mini 2.1.18 update)

there should also be a "momentum mode" for 2.2 where you could have the option to have a setting in which, when enabled allows you run down a slope you gain more speed

and bring back the 8th Black Chaos Emerald (for those who obtain all emblems/100% completion) Earning Hyper Sonic was the best feeling ever

Funnily enough, if you set a slope to be slippery, you can gain more speed as you run down it. Problem is, you don't retain that speed on non-slippery surfaces.

I'd point you to a level I made that shows this, but it's waiting for SUBARASHII to release. (it's part of the pack)

Actually, that speed retention problem would have to be solved even for horizontal Springs to have any real use outside of just being wall bumpers.

We're not bringing back the Black chaos emerald. Even if we did, it wouldn't be for 100% completion of all things.

We're also not likely to emulate S3&K with the whole Super Tails/Knuckles thing. But we've been over that one so many times at this point. =V

Can we get a tool to port wads for us? I hear the palette is being changed again for 2.2, along with the system for how characters animations are handled. And then there's slopes.

And, don't get me wrong, I don't want these features removed, But an external program would be a very useful asset.

Here's how it would work:
  1. Select the wad you want to port from your computer
  2. Select the version it's from, Choices being 0.X, 1.X, 2.0.X, and 2.1.X
  3. Select wether it's a character/character pack, level/level pack, or both (for mods)
  4. Click "Port Wad"

Porting isn't as easy as a push of a button, there are a shit ton of complicated processes that take place, you'd have to open SLADE to mess with characters, Zone Builder to mess with levels, and your PC's notepad to mess with SOCs and Luas.

Here's something that might help you with porting levels of 0.X , 1.X Levels, Use the Find and Replace tool in Zone Builder, It's all I could find so far.

Select all thing types and uncheck “Flip” Thing flag, Because if you don’t, everything will spawn on ceiling, This flag was used by v1.09.4 to determine skill in which the things will spawn, now this feature is gone since 2.0 so remove it.

Decoration

Budding Flower – 74 > 802
GFZ Flower – 73 > 800
GFZ Flower – 36 > 800
Berry Bush – 75 > 804
THZ Flower 2011 > 900

Rings

Ring – 2014 > 300

Monitors

Extra Life – 41 > 409
10 Rings – 42 > 400
10 Rings – 2018 > 400
Shield – 2011 > 401

Misc

Star Post – 3006 > 502
Level End Sign – 86 > 501

Springs

Yellow Spring – 28 > 550
Diagonal Yellow Spring – 2015 > 555
Diagonal Yellow Spring – 908 > 555
Red Spring – 81 > 551
Red Spring – 79 > 551
Blue Spring – 2015 > 552
Diagonal Red Spring – 38 > 556

Emeralds

Green Emerald – 420 > 313
Purple Emerald – 421 > 314
Blue Emerald – 422 > 315
Cyan Emerald – 423 > 316
Orange Emerald – 424 > 317
Red Emerald – 425 > 318
Grey Emerald – 426 > 319

Enemies

Red Crawla – 1813 > 101
Jetty-Syn Gunner – 22 > 106
Buzz – 3005 > 104

Mario Items

Goomba – 1808 > 1801
Blue Goomba – 1809 > 1802

Bosses

Egg Mobile – 16 > 200

Hazards

Torch – 24 > 1101
Spike – 68 > 523
Gas Jet – 425 > 541

Now for Linedef Actions, Mostly FOFs

33 – FOF Solid > 100
45 – Intanginble Swimmable > 121
253 – Scroll Floor and Carry > 530
55 – FOF Intangible > 220
16 – Colormap > 606

and those are Sector Effects, Replace them with their 2.1 Equivalents

982 – Exit Level > 8192
985 – Conveyor Belt > 1024
993 – Star Post Activator > 4096
992 – Double Step-up Ramp > 13
5 – Death Pit > 6

We do have a tool for porting 1.X maps to 2.0 because the changes were quite dramatic. The changes for 2.1 were pretty small by comparison and you should be able to just test the map and notice any problems that need updating.

The basic issue is that a lot of porting isn't cut and dry. For instance, that tool replaces objects that no longer exist with similar objects. At the end of the day you need to use your judgment to determine what the best way to preserve the original intent is.

How about a way to Replace sprites and textures/graphics and being able to save game and statistics, and Join Netgames, It works for Music and 3D Models so why not sprites, they don't affect gameplay so I don't see why we're not allowed to use them.

Replace players with giant red hitboxes and textures with shades of grey. In that way, it'd be possible to give yourself an unfair advantage in ringslinger modes if the sprites weren't required to be loaded by everybody.

Sure, there are purely decorative flowers which would work being client replaceable, but there's only so much you can do to the file loading system.

Replace players with giant red hitboxes and textures with shades of grey. In that way, it'd be possible to give yourself an unfair advantage in ringslinger modes if the sprites weren't required to be loaded by everybody.

Sure, there are purely decorative flowers which would work being client replaceable, but there's only so much you can do to the file loading system.

I figured this was the main reason for this too, but I also thought that it might potentially be possible to mark only certain lumps as replaceable and others as not. For instance, if you load a new texture for a flower, that would be harmless, since there's practically nothing the flower can do that disrupts gameplay. Load something that changes player sprites, and the game will mark itself modified because that could give advantages. Would that be possible? Or is it too complex/too much time or work to implement?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 5, Members: 0, Guests: 5)

Back