Stuff to put in SRB2ME (DISCUSSION TOPIC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
Blue Warrior, the computer I use pulls out 933 MHz in Software Mode. It can't even run OpenGL without the lag being greater than that of Botanic Serenity Zone High-End.
Most people have 1.5ghz plus these days. Also, mine's 800mhz with a graphics card that's slower than my computer and the GFZ slope works fine for me.

verifiaman said:
I was talking about moving sky textures.

That actually would be awesome, because then we could have levels that look like they're in alternate demensions. :D

Didn't GCFreak do a little something like that in his mod TBE? As in, after a level was compleated (say Death Egg II), depending on what character you are, you go to a different stage, like Sonic went to a rainbow Dimension and Tails and Knuckles back to mobius.

Glaber, about your Super Sonic level idea, the whole rock-break thing is a good idea, but it's going to absolutely need Rings to make sure you don't hit it blindly. Even with a proper 2D mode, one still has to use the same techniques as with SRB2's current 2D mode.

You might want to reread my suggestion.
glaber said:
A way to use Night's mode for something like Doomsday Zone from S3&K.

Or to be more precise, A version that puts you behind Sonic only allowing you to go the edge of the screen for sideways/up and down movement and is always moving you forward. Running into a wall should bounce you back a bit like in Knuckles Chaotix's Special stages while runing into Rock like things would slow you down.

Basicly if there was a Doomday Zone styled boss used in Nights mode with what I described it would basicly work with how Nights mode deals damage.

Out side of Nights mode movement would be the same but the Nights sonic should start you off with 50 rings. Of course I forgt to spefify that in the original suggestion.

Sa-x said:
1.-Win on eggman is very easy (more power).
2.-More objects.
3.-More secret levels.
4.-When you use sonic (Tails and Knuckes bots).
-When you use tails (Sonic and Knuckels bots).
-When you use knuckles (Sonic and Tails bots).
5.-More enemies.
6.-Automatic Taunt.
7.-Lightdash on in all the levels [(single player to)(multiplayer during at the infinity)].
8.-Homing on in all the levels [(single player to)(multiplayer during at the infinity)].
9.-More abilities.
10.-More more more more more cut scenes.
Are my ideas!!!
__________________________Seeya______________________________

1. Bad idea. Who'd want the bosses to be easy peasy lemon squeasy? If you can't beat even the bosses already in 1.09.4, then you obviously need to get a lot better at SRB2.
2. Already going to happen.
3. I'm not sure about this one... I'm a bit interested in that idea too.
4. No... No way are they going to do that. This game's supposed to be based on the classic games, not Sonic Heroes... right?
5. Already going to happen.
6. Bad idea. Sonic, Tails and Knuckles don't even have taunts, and I doubt they would in 1.1 either.
7 & 8. No. I don't think these are good ideas either. This game's supposed to be more like Sonic 1/2/3/& Knuckles than SA/SADX/SA2, right?
9. I'm wondering if that will happen too... But what extra abilites could there be?
10. I'm sure SSNTails or Mystic said that that's not going to happen in either this topic or the other, since most people would rather skip the cutscenes so they can play the game.

Monster Iestyn said:
1. Bad idea. Who'd want the bosses to be easy peasy lemon squeasy? If you can't beat even the bosses already in 1.09.4, then you obviously need to get a lot better at SRB2.

He's complaining that it's too easy to beat Eggman and wants the bosses to be harder.

About that, those bosses will stay the same, but more, harder bosses will be added in 1.1.

Conicpp said:
Monster Iestyn said:

He's complaining that it's too easy to beat Eggman and wants the bosses to be harder.

About that, those bosses will stay the same, but more, harder bosses will be added in 1.1.
Actually, the Egg Mobile is harder in 1.1. Now he actually retreats when he's hit. It's not the "annoying" kind of hard; it actually adds to the fun.

About the emblem hunt ( I think that's what it's called) It would absolutely suck to get a Gameover and the middle of a game. Other than that, it's a great Idea.

astar said:
About the emblem hunt ( I think that's what it's called) It would absolutely suck to get a Gameover and the middle of a game. Other than that, it's a great Idea.
You don't get Game Over in modes like that. Similar modes in the Sonic Advance and Sonic Rush games don't have game-overs.

Removal of Adventure Mode. As far as I can see, it'd be good only for joke WADs.
My current map project uses Adventure mode and it CERTAINLY is not a joke. As a matter of fact, I have NEVER seen it used for a joke wad. Keep it in.

Make the default camera distance for NiGHTS mode be a bit farther away.
If SSNTails uses the same reason not to as not making the 2D camera farther away, then I doubt this'll happen.

In Dark City, try something with cars moving down the highway that will squish Sonic and that end up reappearing at the other end of the highway still going the same direction and VROOOMing again continuously. I bet with about 12 polyobjects at one place, it probably WOULD lag, but if it doesn't lag, that'd be neat, right?
Do want! Actually, I was thinking of doing this for my current map using SOCs. (Prime_2 gave me a good idea on how to do this, but I haven't done it yet.)

koni said:
I don't know if this was already suggested or not, (I don't feel like reading through 168 pages) but in the S_SKIN lump there should be an "ABILITY2" line that whenever you press the spindash button in the air it will use another ability (if set) which works the same way the normal ability works EG. Super Sonics floating ability.

This could lead to alot more variety in characters like a character that can thok and swim. (Not sonic of course)

I thought that but didn't suggest that. If this and IB's actionspd-as-combo-effects idea are implanted into 1.1, then I propose that an "ACTIONSPD3/4" should be put in too.

Anywayz, I like that idea, that way we can bring back some characters that had this. :P

NOTE: Even though I'm giving a 1.1 suggestion, I'm discussing something that someone else wrote. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back