Fixed Taking screenshots is broken again

Status
Not open for further replies.

sphere

Developer
Sonic Team Junior
Well, I just took a screenshot of my new level, and then this happened:
2ret6iv.jpg

The FOFs and the midtextures are not rendered, or so it seems.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tip: Screenshots have -- and have always had -- a chance of not coming out right if there's any sort of framerate lag. Just try again, take another screenshot, and move along.

Last edited:
Weird... why is this? Are screenshots multithreaded now or something?

犬夜叉;674018 said:
Tip: Screenshots have -- and have always had -- a chance of not coming out right if there's any sort of framerate lag. Just try again, take another screenshot, and move along.
Yeah, and that chance was pretty close to, if not 0. Honestly, in 2.0.4 and all the versions before that, never once did I take a screenshot only to end up with a dud. And I've taken a lot of screenshots in my time.

Screenshots should only be getting taken after the frame is drawn, and never inbetween frames. I mean, have you ever heard of a game doing that?

SRB2 follows logic that other games set? =P

Anyways, if it makes you happy, I'll drag the fix I made for XMOD over to 2.0.x. It'll be in the next release.

Just curious, what causes it? It seems like the framebuffer is being dumped in the middle of drawing.

I dunno, I've never had this problem. I even tested taking screenshots under heavy lag, they all came out fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back