[Open Assets] SRB2Cineblast

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, slopes were definetly possible.

Just in OpenGL, which most of the SRB2 Devs hate. I dunno if this particular version of the EXE can use them.

SRB2 Cineblast Wiki
I lol'd.
Is this supposed to be a late April Fool's joke or something?

Eh, no pal. My memory is cloudy about it, but there was at some point slopes being rendered (I think they looked a bit off though). How is it a laughing matter? It's not wise to listen to the nonsense you hear about some things being impossible. As I recall SRB2 was even ported to the NDS at one point, which was always technically feasible, no one just bothered to sit down to it until then.

They? Why are you saying 'they' when the current topic is about slopes and aren't actually in game?

Eh, no pal. My memory is cloudy about it, but there was at some point slopes being rendered (I think they looked a bit off though). How is it a laughing matter? It's not wise to listen to the nonsense you hear about some things being impossible. As I recall SRB2 was even ported to the NDS at one point, which was always technically feasible, no one just bothered to sit down to it until then.
I'm just saying, aren't slopes impossible to render in the Software Renderer? This is the Doom Legacy engine, right?

I swear I played through a wad that tested slopes. Not their collision, but their appearance. Though, I could be thinking of that SRB2 CB 2.0 version.
I did too. It was a modded EXE with it's own DB CFG and everything(no it wasn't CB, this was 1.09.XX) It also included a test WAD. Overall, the only thing they lacked were proper physics. SF94 has the wad hosted on his sepwich I think and Armonte made a video of it some time ago.

Well sorry but, I'm gonna need some proof for that. I'm very sure the software renderer can't do this. Maybe OpenGL, but definately not software.

We have the bloody source code, anything is possible! It just hasn't been done because it's a considerable investment of time and resources, and also, many developers are not up to scratch to do so. But there are no hard limits on what can be accomplished!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back