what C++ compiler or Exe modifactor do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eggmanfan

I am looking for a good C++ compiler program or any exe modifator that can edit srb2 name the ones you use. (I don't know were this should be put)

If you're cheap, Dev C++ works fine. Though I believe you'll need some devpacks (if that's what they're called).

Okay, first of all, that's an IDE, not a compiler. The compiler is the command line program that actually compiles the code into a binary. The IDE is the program that provides facilities for code editing and project management, and invokes the compiler.

Dev-C++ is a horrible IDE. It's buggy, crashy, doesn't format code properly, and it's not even being developed anymore. Code::Blocks is much better and has the same capabilities (even allows you to import devpaks). And like Dev-C++, you can get Code::Blocks bundled with the MinGW compiler.

Microsoft Visual Studio 2008. You can get the express edition for free, and it's C++ variant is fully functional and far better than Dev-C++ if I do say so myself.

(I'm assuming the OP meant IDE, not compilier.)

Dev-C++ is a horrible IDE. It's buggy, crashy, doesn't format code properly, and it's not even being developed anymore.

Well, it worked fine for me when I used it. Still, if there's something that's much better, just go with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back