Games that lots of people don't like, but you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was the one nerd who wasn't into Hockey (which was overly popular there)
I'm having that problem myself right now. Hockey is overly popular here too. Anyway, now I know two people who think this game is cool in my town. My brother (because of Lua) and my math teacher. (Because of Lua, I was caught by writing Lua code and drawing pictures on the lesson)

I don't know any other this fun game to modify.
Usually the really-fun-to-modify games tend to be FPSes like Doom, Quake, Half-Life or Unreal Tournament.

Not 100% sure why it's that genre specifically, although id Software being notably open-minded about allowing its games to be modded - and producing pretty much nothing but first-person shooters while doing so - probably has a lot to do with it.

Is a game that lots of people like.

Late reply, but doing it for the lulz.

I like DooM games, my good friend showed it to me along with Zandronum server portal, been addicted to that since then. However my friends don't like the game because they think it looks too "Classy" and "Oldy Stuffy"................... Well fuck them then.....

I can't believe I posted in this thread and didn't talk about Ape Escape at least once. I think the only thing that makes people turn away from this series is simply the subject matter (anime-esque children catching monkeys with a bug net and a RC car is super edgy). In reality, the games themselves are very well done and the titles in the main series feature a very unique way of controlling and attacking where you tilt the left stick to move around and tilt the right stick in a variety of ways to use gadgets. Easily one of my favorite game series around, even with the odd minigame collection game poking it's ugly head at me.

Yea...
People bashing Mass Effect 3 just because of the ending is really stupid. I actually noticed quite a few people hated Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess for similar reasons, on top of the "dark" atmosphere, but I liked it. I loved that sad ending!
...Back to Mass Effect 3, it was just as good as the other ones, and was quite enjoyable. Everything was there (minus a few story elements) and had great gameplay - and that's what matters.

ME3's issue for me was that the Extended Cut should have been there Day-1. Another delay for not so awful cop-out "endings" badly parroting Deus Ex wouldn't have been so bad. I still hate the vent boy and lack of an actual confrontation with Harbinger, although the Extended Cut otherwise ends the trilogy on a nice note, so I'd gladly buy the whole trilogy when I have a PS3.

I hope the better part of 2014 retought the big AAA guys what Indies already know: It's not released until it's done.

I'm sorry for posting again, but I keep thinking of stuff to add onto this!

Freedom Wars on the Vita. Admittedly not everyone hates it, but there's enough of a problem with it to get others to turn their head away from it.

Gameplay is pretty fun if you can forgive some issues with both control and design (no running and shooting at the same time; creating a good weapon is based on massive RNG) and somewhat lengthy battles from time to time. Combat feels very satisfying though, being able to chop limbs off Abductors (the main boss-ish enemies) for components required to upgrade your arsenal. Multiplayer also falls on the wayside in competitive gametypes if you fail to get a good enough weapon as tons of people with too much time on their hands have god-tier weapons that can kill you in two seconds flat. Cooperative ends up usually being better, with most people helping others get components for upgrades on weapons and stuff.

The setting of the game is probably the best part, being sentenced to a million years of prison for being born in a post-apocalyptic world where taking five steps in your containment cell will get you infracted with more years on your sentence. The problem with that is the plot takes a completely different route and decides to focus on you and your ragtag group of NPCs fighting some really edgy dude who apparently wants to kill everyone with some random artifact. It really sucks they didn't take advantage of the unique environment to spice up the plot and the whole thing sounds like a fanfic by the end of it.

Pokemon Black and White.

Most Pokemon fans say "OH TRUBBISH IS JUST A BIN!" well nostalgia blind much?
I mean if Trubbish was in generation one he would have a good reputation and if Voltorb and Electrode was in gen 5 they would be hated.

Only looks made Black and White underrated.

Oh and the new sturdy. It stinks.

*clutches his copy of Sonic 06 dearly.*

On a serious note. I enjoyed Resident Evil 5 a lot more than most other people i know did.

Final Fantasy VIII.
I just really like messing with the mechanics and fucking with the game as a whole.
And even when not screwing with the mechanics, I don't really mind how drawing works???

Also SaGa Frontier???? (i'm not sure if most other western Square fans still hate that game lol)
I just like the SaGa series a ton (except FF Legend 3, SNES/WSC Romancing 1 and Frontier 2) for some reason, they're this weird mesh of WRPG, JRPG and awkward mechanics pulled out of Akitoshi Kawazu's ass.

Sonic 06, Shadow The Hedgehog, and Sonic Lost World. I also see a lot of people down talk Indie Game Battle (its a smash bros inspired game that has indie characters and the game right now isn't all that great) but I feel like the game has HUGE potential.

I remember generally enjoying Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures 2 for the 3DS. It's alright, a solid platformer, and I admire how they fitted an entire console game onto the 3DS and it still plays wonderfully.

That being said though, I do admit it's a bit half-baked, the advertised new characters are used in a grand total of two levels each (and aren't even properly playable like Pac) and the story is even more of an excuse plot than Mario's typical one.

Despite that, I did have a good time with PMatGA2. The power-ups are nice, combos and collectibles are fun to do, and it keeps you interested long enough. It doesn't reach its full potential, but I do believe it's worth checking out.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2003 console series: TMNT the video game, TMNT Battle Nexus, TMNT Mutant Nightmare 3.

I enjoyed these games, in TMNT the video game, unlike others it has the best graphics quality, i liked story and gameplay. Multiplayer wasn't really fun.

TMNT Battle Nexus: This one was also fun, this is probably the game with the biggest length, good levels but i only didn't like the controls, it makes it hard. When it comes to multiplayer this one was better.

TMNT Mutant Nightmare 3: My favorite one, Hard and fun levels(well it depends) , upgrades unlike the others, Fun boss battles including the final boss, better controls, multiplayer was good. Tho i wish that it had more than just 4 Chapters(Episodes) and the camera is kinda annoying since it is top down view.

They all had negative reviews tho, only the handheld had positive reviews but i wouldn't talk about them since this topic is for video games only you like.

I know I can't be the only one on the planet who likes Sonic Shuffle, right...? And not just a little bit, either. I very much enjoy it besides the loading times...that and the fact that you have to contend with the shitty AI in story mode to unlock the good extra content. But once you eventually do it's so worth it to get to play as Chao, Gamma, or Super Sonic.

...Technically there's also a fourth unlockable character but as far as I'm concerned those three are the only ones worth talking about >_>

My only Answer is probably Paper Mario: Sticker Star. I've heard many people complain about the lack of EXP, Leveling Up and Partners, however i pretty much liked the game a lot, i get that Nintendo tried something different, i also like CS, but that's another story.

there's one catch on SS though, i HATE that part the game leaves you defenseless without stickers and your Hammer, i don't get why a lot of games do that.

I loved Bionic Commando 2009, the massive enviroments through which you could swing freely, heck, I even loved the grim reboot of a storyline. I also liked Resident Evil 6, it has great multiplayer and it's cheesyness reminds me of Sonic Colors, it's the good kind of cringe - it really is fun to play through and has deep strats, mainly around the melee system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back