Sonic Unleashed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Er, sorry, but it seems that currently even for 2D developers use 3D. Simply sprites don't work, now even 2D games use models. Sonic Rush is a very good example of this.

I actually like the look of this... It appears to be just like SatSR so far. Free-roaming is not a bad thing, but recent Sonic games have led me to believe I'm really not missing out on much by being stuck on a single track. It says SatSR gameplay plus 2.5d platforming. That doesn't include free-roaming so I'll be optimistic.

Unlike SatSR its missing that whole Arabian thing which apparently was also integrated into other games from that time (Ifrit, Sonic Rivals 2... Iblis, Sonic 06). The premise of the last one made it seem quite like a spin-off. This appears to be bringing in some less exotic and more normal things (still hoping for a lava, watery ruin, and a factory theme).

And it is possible that the new character could be a decent one that some of us may prefer to see more of. I don't like the werewolf thing they've got going, and the scene with Dr. Robotnik capturing Super Sonic promises to mess things up beyond their abilities to execute properly.

Draykon said:
In that case, I'm kinda hoping it's following up as a direct sequel to SatSR. If you'll stay after the credits in that game, there's the freaking PERFECT setup to simplify the big mess that is the Sonic continuity.

Do you mean the "They had many adventures" bit?

JEV3 said:
I don't like the werewolf thing they've got going, and the scene with Dr. Robotnik capturing Super Sonic promises to mess things up beyond their abilities to execute properly.

Do we need to start a petition to tell Sega just how hard they failed? Jazz is right; the rights need to be sold to a more competent company. Sega doesn't seem to have a clue to what their oldbie, hardcore fans are thinking. Stop catering to the freaking minority, Sega. Cater to us.

SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
Do we need to start a petition to tell Sega just how hard they failed? Jazz is right; the rights need to be sold to a more competent company. Sega doesn't seem to have a clue to what their oldbie, hardcore fans are thinking. Stop catering to the freaking minority, Sega. Cater to us.

Urm... aren't we the minority. I'm sorry to say it but the people who are critical about things and have established opinions and seem to have more of a professional taste seem to be the minority in everything I've come across.

---examples cut out to prevent a large portion of redundant content---

And what I've seen so far, I really like.

Sik: The type of gameplay in Sonic and the Secret Rings is entirely different than the free-roaming kind. Stray too far from linearity and it just comes off as confusing or unimportant. The gameplay no longer favors exploration nor does it need it, the replay is there and centers on time attacks and multiple missions with varying object placement.

I like the new genre that has been established for Sonic and hope that this will become the way we see future Sonic games. The story probably stinks, but SatSR wasn't *that* bad despite a couple unbearable cutscenes... I don't think I can expect a good storyline from Sonic Team, so I won't be disappointed.

If its not official then it I want to see how it they came up with it... I really want to see...

Acording to a european sega magazine, the game wil be multiplatform. The screens and the video are apparently from the 360 version (which would explain the 720p resolution).

Sonic as a werewolf...I think I just died inside...*gets shot*
Im just saying that Sega can realy mess this one up if they are not carefull with it. And does this remind anyone of Sonic rush a bit?

Werewolf Sonic = New Super Form?
Well, I see that Sega Is doing something new, as always. To me, the Gameplay, judging by the Video, seems to be a crossover of Sonic Rush, Sonic Rivals, & SATSR in my point of view. I just hope not It won't end up like Sonic 06....

Until we hear anything official I shall try desperately to curb my excitement, but I cannot help get a little bit tingly thinking that Sega may have finally gotten it right.
>_>

Seriously, this is nowhere near the best we can get from Sonic. But if the engine is smooth enough (aka not buggy), then it may be enjoyable.

JEV3 said:
Draykon said:
In that case, I'm kinda hoping it's following up as a direct sequel to SatSR. If you'll stay after the credits in that game, there's the freaking PERFECT setup to simplify the big mess that is the Sonic continuity.

Do you mean the "They had many adventures" bit?

STK running off and having many adventures really. Sounds to me like a setup for STK out and away from the fucked up reality that is SA-2K6.
Anyways, that level design looked horrid. Sure it's pretty and all, but, just what was the player doing? Timing a jump every 5 minutes maybe, and for a brief segment dodging robots?
On-Rails can be really good if done properly (Starfox, SatSR) but that one level just looks horrible.

Edit: It's nice to see all that power Sonic's constantly using to do stupid stuff (at least in fanfiction) has finally bitten him in the butt. I just hope the wolf is a beserker and we get some "Kill innocent people! :D" levels.

Draykon said:
Anyways, that level design looked horrid. Sure it's pretty and all, but, just what was the player doing? Timing a jump every 5 minutes maybe, and for a brief segment dodging robots?
Agreed. That was the first impression I had. Through I'm quite sure the level is very incomplete anyways...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back