Version 2.1 Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
...Ah. AH. Right. Okay. Thanks. ^^; Bloody hell I feel like a moron.

And what, Egg Rock Zone Act 3? And all of those other stages? EVEN AZURE TEMPLE? x_x Fuuuuuck.

I just realized that in 2.1, if you join a modified server, you can rejoin without restarting the whole game, thank god.

So I'm trying to join a server with a particular WAD installed, so I go onto the forums to download it, but after I put the downloaded WAD into the folder where all my SRB2 stuff is stored, it still tries to download the file within the game even if the file already exists in the folders.

Probably not, having a matching MD5 is pretty important with this game. I'm guessing it's a modified package, or a more up-to-date one that hasn't been posted on the forums yet.

I don't know what you guys did, but you've evidently fixed my framerate issues in multiplayer, so thanks.

Managed to beat the game as Knuckles and Sonic so far, with all Emeralds. I notice one of the exiting messages of the game mentions Red's house. Does it do anything in this version? Haven't checked yet.

1280x768 resolution looks very good. It's a major improvement from 2.0.7 version which had "squashed" screen. Currently collecting emblems, or host on MS.

Do the filenames and MD5sums match?

I'm pretty sure the filenames are the same, though I don't get the MD5sums as I don't mod. :I

I'd really look forward to any major server upgrades that makes downloading files and reading what files already exist in the player's data massively better in contrast to what we have now.

====

v2.1.3 patch released.

* Castle Eggman 3:
- Fixed a crash when hanging on the center chain as it disappears.
- You should no longer be able to dodge the spikeballs by standing up against the walls.
- Minor map related modifications to make the pinch phase a bit easier.
* Visual errors with objects extremely far above or below you have been fixed.
* Fixed the game freezing in some circumstances without producing an error log; most notably in Red Volcano 1.
* You can no longer pause the game in Record Attack or NiGHTS Mode.
* Fixed the -room command line parameter; hosting on the Master Server through the command line is now possible again.
* A few other minor map related fixes.
* A few minor display issues were fixed.

====

https://files.srb2.org/srb2.org/SRB2-v213-patch.zip

Last edited:
Version 2.1.3 Patch

Posted by Inuyasha on 03-18-2014 05:26 PM.

Sorry I don’t have the wit of Mystic, but I do have more bugfixes for everyone. This patch works with any previous version of 2.1 and fixes the following bugs:

• Castle Eggman 3:
    • Fixed a crash when hanging on the center chain as it disappears.
    • You should no longer be able to dodge the spikeballs by standing up against the walls.
    • Minor map related modifications to make the pinch phase a bit easier.
  • Visual errors with objects extremely far above or below you have been fixed.
  • Fixed the game freezing in some circumstances without producing an error log; most notably in Red Volcano 1.
  • You can no longer pause the game in Record Attack or NiGHTS Mode.
  • Fixed the -room command line parameter; hosting on the Master Server through the command line is now possible again.
  • A few other minor map related fixes.
  • A few minor display issues were fixed.

View on SRB2.org

Actually not, like Azure Temple, it was taken from the OLDC, but it is way better than the old one.
I'm so honored to have my content included in the standard game. Helps take away the sting of my "disasterous" luck to submit it at the same time as Donkey Kracken and losing out.

Anyway, I've barely scratched the surface but I am already in love with THZ2. I have to know something: those pipes. How did you do the pipes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back