• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

westopolis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chans13

Me and darkness claw have started making the level "westopolis" from shadow the hedgehog. We are sorry if this has allready been done.
(Is it a good idea though?)
And if anybody knows any city-like textures for the srb2 doom builder, could you please PM me or darkness claw the texture names?
Also, we need to know how to input backgrounds and songs, because Darkness claw has the westopolis song and background.
screenshots:

I doubt a level from Shadow the Hedgehog will be well ported to SRB2.

Not to mention that the levels in that game completely sucked anyway. I would not suggest emulating them. If you want to make a level on the same theme, I suggest you go by your own level design, rather than the design of the level in the official game.

now, that's all well and good, but we're allready 1/4 of the way through...
It would be a waste of time if we just quit now.

Jazz said:
Not to mention that the levels in that game completely sucked anyway. I would not suggest emulating them. If you want to make a level on the same theme, I suggest you go by your own level design, rather than the design of the level in the official game.
What? ShTH had some of the best level design of any recent Sonic game. If only because Sonic Team designed it with multiple goals in mind.

But nonetheless, direct level ports rarely work. If you're going to just build around the concept, nothing wrong with a city at night being attacked by aliens.

I know the last time I made a topic regarding this it was locked, but that was because I didn't put screen shots (dial up internet and lack of patents is a bad combination). Anyway, I'm still working on Shadow the Hedgehog Robo Blast 2. I know few people like ports of levels but I do, and so do my non-online friends. Anyway if you wouldn't mind, (and would make this map a multi-exit map if it isn't already) then I hope you would submit it to be used. Just PM me.

(And yes, It's still under construction. (I wait till they're at least 75% complete before I even think of uploading them)

P.S. As I said before, I have dial-up and lack of patents so I don't get on very often, so I don't get on too often. (Maybe once every three months if that.) So if I don't reply for awhile, thats why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back