Xbox Live Community Games (XNA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cue

ALAM STOP BREAKING THE S
Recently, the XBLCG service started, which basically allows anyone with a copy of Visual C# 2008 and the XNA framework to create and sell games on the Xbox Live Marketplace.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/events/gdc2008/xna/default.htm

I know that already Shuffle has submitted a game called 'Light Catcher' to be peer reviewed, and I plan on dabbling in XNA over the next few months after I'm done with my other projects that are in need of immediate attention.

The process goes like this, you make a game, you submit it, other Creators Club members review it and judge whether it should be accepted or not. If it's accepted, you can sell it or give it away for free, then hey presto it's up on the market place for all to download. And yes, you get 70% of the revenue from what I hear, but that's without taxation.

So, yeah, discuss and such, this looks rather promising.

Cue will kill you Chisuun.

And that seems interesting. Wonder if MD2's will go farther if SRB2 goes Xbox. :P

Screw Cue, I trust DashFox.

I'd do it myself if I knew how to code, unfortunately I can't code to save my life.

Hyper Shadic X said:
And that seems interesting. Wonder if MD2's will go farther if SRB2 goes Xbox. :P

Peer Review

Copyrighted games would not get through.

*cough* Not C *cough*

XNA is C#...

Anyways, there's a lot of neat engines out there, as well as a lot of tutorials on creating your own...

Meh, we'll have to wait and see what I come up with. :)

Cue said:
*cough* Not C *cough*

XNA is C#...

Anyways, there's a lot of neat engines out there, as well as a lot of tutorials on creating your own...

Meh, we'll have to wait and see what I come up with. :)

BLB

Blue Warrior Blast,your favorite Srb2 experience now written in C#

A New engine and no copy written stuff!

Cue said:
BlueZero4 said:
You know, we could also change freaking everything and release it from there.

Doom Legacy engine. :(
GNU license, we can distribute the source, or a modified version, with no restrictions. So all we need to do is cut out Sonic, and we have ourselves an XBox SRB2. We could even get around having no Sonic by creating a WAD to add Sonic back in. =P

OR

We can just play Srb2 on our PC/Mac/crap

Srb2 for 360 would only be helpful to people with really crappy PC's.

Kaysakado said:
Cue said:
BlueZero4 said:

GNU license, we can distribute the source, or a modified version, with no restrictions. So all we need to do is cut out Sonic, and we have ourselves an XBox SRB2. We could even get around having no Sonic by creating a WAD to add Sonic back in. =P

Shame the Legacy engine is coded in C.

Cue said:
Kaysakado said:
Cue said:
BlueZero4 said:

Shame the Legacy engine is coded in C.
Oh, I thought you meant that we wouldn't be able to distribute the engine due to legal troubles.

nvm then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back